|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Maria Zhuganova's team in Russia not aware of the Panic?
(a) They didn't believe the outbreak was real.
(b) They were on an undercover mission.
(c) The military kept it from them so it wouldn't affect their judgement.
(d) They were on a communications blackout.
2. What haunts Gavin Blaire most about seeing the people panicked on the highway?
(a) That they had no destination.
(b) The sight of the people fleeing in terror.
(c) That they thought the outbreak was under control.
(d) The sound of the people's screaming.
3. Who sacrifices himself to allow Mary Jo Miller to escape?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her boss.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her minister.
4. Why did the U.S. CIA miss the disease in China?
(a) The information they received about the disease was from an unreliable source.
(b) They believed the events occurring were part of an internal political strife.
(c) The FBI learned of the disease but didn't share the information with the CIA.
(d) The CIA decided to focus their attention on Russia rather than China.
5. According to Ahmed Farahnakian, how did Iran retaliate when their recovery plan was spoiled?
(a) They bombed a bridge.
(b) They bombed the country that was sending in refugees.
(c) They declared war against the country that spoiled their recovery plan.
(d) They adapted their recovery plan to include the country that initially spoiled it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was T. Sean Collins in Long Island during the Panic?
2. What was one diagnosis for the outbreak early on?
3. To where did Breckinridge Scott escape to live in solitude?
4. What was the name of Breckinridge Scott's vaccine?
5. Why does Ajay Shah say some people were refused passage on boats in India?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)