|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sardar Khanin, why did the pass need to be destroyed?
(a) To keep too many refugees from getting through.
(b) To show the military's power over the refugees.
(c) To keep the infected from getting through.
(d) To keep control over the flow of refugees through the pass.
2. What about Tomonaga Ijiro does Kondo Tatsumi disagree with?
(a) His political beliefs.
(b) His spirituality.
(c) His plan for the future of Japan.
(d) His dedication to political leadership.
3. Why does Jesika Hendricks return to the wilderness park in Canada every year?
(a) To remember her parents, who are dead.
(b) To lobby for equal rights for refugees.
(c) To celebrate the victory of the Battle of Sand Lakes.
(d) To clean the area of refugee debris and human remains.
4. According to Ahmed Farahnakian, who spoiled Iran's recovery plan?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
5. Why did the U.S. CIA miss the disease in China?
(a) The information they received about the disease was from an unreliable source.
(b) The CIA decided to focus their attention on Russia rather than China.
(c) The FBI learned of the disease but didn't share the information with the CIA.
(d) They believed the events occurring were part of an internal political strife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary Jo Miller during her first encounter with the infected?
2. What does Todd Wainio admit at the end of the novel?
3. What does Mrs. Miller hope the lasting legacy to her children will be?
4. Who orders Sergeant Mukherjee to destroy the pass?
5. What did Todd Wainio do at the moment of his most vivid memory?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)