|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will make human life intolerable according to Einstein?
2. What about Einstein was in contrast to his passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility?
3. What was Einstein's position in a nutshell?
4. What Irish writer did Einstein esteem for his subtle humor and knowledge of human nature?
5. Einstein compared the situation of the scientific world of his time to which Bible story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define "real" overproduction.
2. According to Einstein what united European savants and artists as late as the seventeenth century?
3. How did Einstein view Americans?
4. What did Einstein think the true value of the human being is?
5. What did Einstein remind himself of a hundred times a day?
6. Describe the friendship of Einstein and Dr. Katzenstein.
7. What did Einstein feel a country had to do in order to abolish war?
8. What example did Einstein give for the uselessness of money in helping humanity forward?
9. What were suggestions of Einstein for American workers which he thought would help industry and would necessarily limit economic freedom?
10. What did Einstein admire about Dr. Solf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Who was Professor Katzenstein? What was his relationship with Einstein? What did he devote research to?
2) Who was Dr. Solf? What college was he associated with? What did he do?
3) What was Einstein's feeling about wealth? Do you agree with his opinion?
4) Write on two of the three above topics.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe the way Einstein likes to live his life which seems to contrast with social ideals?
2) Describe Einstein's views on the military system.
3) Explain Einstein's views on the individual vs the State. Why do you suppose he feels this way?
4) Choose two of the topics to write about.
Essay Topic 3
1) What is Einstein's opinion about political leaders and governments? Do you agree with him? or not? Why?
2) What was the problem among the intellectual elite of different countries in 1933, according to Einstein?
3) What is Einstein's view about compulsory military service? Elaborate.
4) Choose two of the three topics to write on.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)