|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Einstein describe what was happening to the German people with regard to their anti-Semitism?
2. What has the task in Palestine given the Jewish people according to Einstein?
(a) hope and peace of mind.
(b) employment and inspiration.
(c) solidarity and optimism.
(d) faith in Judaism and in life.
3. What does Judaism insist on concerning all living things, especially humans, according to Einstein?
4. Einstein addressed the Jews of Hungary on behalf of whom?
(a) Sarah Smetana.
(b) Pamela Bolgar.
(c) Keren Hajessod.
(d) Rachel Moldau.
5. On what date did Einstein write to The Prussian Academy of Sciences telling them why he would not put in a "good word" on the part of the
(a) April 12, 1933.
(b) April 13, 1933.
(c) April 10, 1933.
(d) April 11, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom was Einstein staying when the Prussian Academy wrote to Einstein on April 7, 1933?
2. Einstein was a citizen of what country?
3. What was another reason Einstein gave for not associating himself with the French Manifesto against anti-Semitism?
4. Who was the Secretary of the Prussian Academy of Sciences?
5. What is it that gives the only meaning to the life of an individual?
Short Essay Questions
1. To help explain why he didn't accept the invitation to associate himself with a French proponent against Anti-Semitism he cited a comparison of a certain French writer and a famous political case. What were they?
2. What was one of the important aims of the Zionist organization and who helped implement this?
3. What other German scientific academy threw Einstein out besides the Prussian Academy and why?
4. What did the Prussian Academy of Sciences accuse Einstein of doing?
5. Einstein wrote that he would only live in a country with what characteristics?
6. Give a description of what Einstein felt Palestine would be for the Jews?
7. Who was Herzl and what did he do?
8. Name some of the features of the Jewish tradition that Einstein mentions in Part IV and for which he is very grateful.
9. What was the essence of Judaism according to Einstein?
10. Why did Einstein refuse to associate himself with a French manifesto against anti-Semitism?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)