|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Popper-Lynkaeus feel society was responsible for?
(a) keeping crime in check.
(b) the fate of every individual.
(c) promoting nationalism.
(d) keeping a viable, profitable economic condition.
2. Einstein called the League of Nations not much more than a what?
(a) meeting hall.
(b) weak attempt.
(c) pipe dream.
3. What did Einstein abhor as the worst outcrop of the herd nature?
(b) the military system.
(c) lack of individuality.
4. To which famous psychologist did Einstein write?
(a) Wilhelm Wundt.
(b) Carl Jung.
(c) Sigmund Freud.
(d) William James.
5. Who was Einstein's closest friend during the time he spent in Berlin?
(a) Professor Feldmeier.
(b) Professor Goldsmidt.
(c) Professor Loewenstein.
(d) Professor Katzenstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the outcomes of a small overworked labor force?
2. What does Einstein regard as contrary to justice and based on force?
3. What did Einstein think would lead to an "international police"?
4. Who, in this materialistic world, are the most profoundly religious people according to Einstein?
5. Why is limitation of armaments and rules for the conduct of war not a workable plan according to Einstein?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Einstein feel a country had to do in order to abolish war?
2. Describe the friendship of Einstein and Dr. Katzenstein.
3. Why did Einstein object to patriotism which is usually such a positive cause?
4. What did Einstein feel about people who worship an anthropomorphic God?
5. According to Einstein what was religion based on for primitive man and what did it develop into?
6. Define "real" overproduction.
7. What did Einstein admire about Dr. Solf?
8. List one of the things the member States of the League of Nations should be bound to?
9. How did Einstein view Americans?
10. What is Einstein's opinion of the military system?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)