|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the peoples of all countries guilty of which make disarmament impossible?
(a) indifference and slackness.
(c) anger and greed.
2. What did Einstein think would lead to an "international police"?
(a) the cowardice of the world's peoples.
(b) the almagamation of mercenary armies.
(c) the despotism of one nation.
(d) the need for subduing national unrest.
3. What did Einstein feel used to unite Europe as late as the 17th century?
(b) a common ideal and use of the Latin language.
(d) the physical proximity of the European countries.
4. What did Einstein think was the chief duty of the State?
(a) protect the individual, giving him opportunity for creative growth.
(b) to support welfare programs.
(c) to keep the economy prosperous.
(d) to enforce the law and arrest criminals.
5. What determines the true value of a human being?
(a) to what extent he has attained liberation from the self.
(b) how much intellectual knowledge he has attained.
(c) how much charitable work he has done.
(d) how happy and contented he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem forced on Einstein's Berlin surgeon friend out of the necessities of his practice?
2. According to Einstein what function did the Commission totally abandon?
3. To whom did Einstein write about the sacredness of the pursuit of scientific truth requesting protection of Italian scholars.
4. What is one of the outcomes of a small overworked labor force?
5. What pact condemned war but left the individuals of each country to the mercy of the war machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Einstein's opinion of the military system?
2. What seemed contemptible to Einstein as objects of human endeavor?
3. What did Einstein feel the chief duty of the State was?
4. What two comments did Einstein make about class differences?
5. Describe Einstein's view of minorities; which one does he refer to at the end of Part II?
6. What example did Einstein give for the uselessness of money in helping humanity forward?
7. What did Einstein think explained the symptoms of decadence and the severe struggle for existence to the detriment of the individual?
8. Describe the friendship of Einstein and Dr. Katzenstein.
9. What were some of Einstein's opinions about George Bernard Shaw?
10. Define "real" overproduction.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)