|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Einstein what is the supreme value to which all other values are subordinate?
(c) love of one's fellow man.
(d) the sacredness of Life.
2. What has the task in Palestine given the Jewish people according to Einstein?
(a) hope and peace of mind.
(b) faith in Judaism and in life.
(c) employment and inspiration.
(d) solidarity and optimism.
3. What comment did Einstein make about the letter from von Ficker of the Prussian academy to him?
(a) the letter made him extremely angry,
(b) the letter was a complete surprise to him.
(c) the letter showed him how right he had been to resign.
(d) the letter made saddened him.
4. When did the Prussian Academy take cognizance of Einstein's resignation?
(a) in its plenary session of March 29, 1933.
(b) in its plenary session of March 18, 1933.
(c) in it's plenary session of April 2, 1933.
(d) in its plenary session of March 30, 1933.
5. When was the declaration of the Prussian Academy of Sciences against Einstein written?
(a) April 1, 1933.
(b) April 1, 1932.
(c) April 1, 1931.
(d) April 1, 1934.
6. What does Judaism insist on concerning all living things, especially humans, according to Einstein?
7. What is another feature of the Jewish tradition which Einstein highly values?
(a) love of nature.
(b) the joy of living.
(c) an almost fanatical love of justice.
(d) superior intellectuality.
8. Why did the Bavarian Academy of Sciences say that Einstein's resignation from the Prussian Academy would affect his relations with their Academy?
(a) The Bavarian Academy feared the Prussian Academy.
(b) All German academies were closely allied with one another.
(c) They would strive harder to keep him as a member.
(d) Bavarians hate Prussians.
9. What did the Prussian Academy of Sciences rebuke Einstein for not doing?
(a) praising Germany.
(b) contradicting French and Belgian newspaper reports.
(c) remaining a German citizen.
(d) remaining a member of the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
10. On what date did Einstein write an answer to the Prussian Academy's statement against him?
(a) April 5, 1933.
(b) April 15, 1933.
(c) April 12, 1933.
(d) April 5, 1934.
11. Who did Einstein call "our leader" and praise for his zeal and circumspection?
12. What kind of spirit should Jewish youth cultivate in Einstein's opinion?
(a) the international spirit.
(b) the spirit of adventure.
(c) the religious spirit.
(d) the spirit of communal living.
13. What is the function of the Talmud?
(a) The Talmud describes the persecution of Jews.
(b) The Talmud is a collection of Jewish parables.
(c) The Talmud describes the wanderings of the Jews.
(d) The Talmud interpretes the Torah.
14. On what date did Einstein write to The Prussian Academy of Sciences telling them why he would not put in a "good word" on the part of the
(a) April 11, 1933.
(b) April 10, 1933.
(c) April 12, 1933.
(d) April 13, 1933.
15. What did the O.R.T. society do try to do for the Jewish people?
(a) build synagogues and temples in Palestine.
(b) organize the Jewish youth.
(c) set up libraries in Palestine.
(d) rid the Jews of social and economic handicaps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should Jewish youth take an interest in according to Einstein?
2. What two things did Einstein emphasize to Jewish youth were important for the destiny of the Jews?
3. How many years did Einstein say in his Addresses on the Reconstruction of Palestine had passed since he had last made an address on the Zionist cause?
4. What accusation by the Prussian Academy of Sciences did Einstein feel was slanderous?
5. What did the Prussian Academy of Sciences accuse Einstein of?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)