|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote an article on Zionism and the Zurich Congress which Einstein felt impelled to answer?
(a) Professor Stillgut.
(b) Professor Heimweh.
(c) Professor Hellpach.
(d) Professor Lipps.
2. How did Einstein describe what was happening to the German people with regard to their anti-Semitism?
3. What is one thing people who view Jews as irreconcilable foes are known for?
(a) their rage against the ideals of reason and individual liberty.
(b) their cowardice.
(c) their fear of anyone different.
(d) their apathy.
4. According to Einstein from where does true scientific research draw its spiritual sustenance?
(a) from the book of Leviticus.
(b) from a sense of a Higher Power.
(c) from the Psalms.
(d) from the Talmud.
5. What is a feature of the Jewish tradition which makes Einstein thank his stars he belongs to it?
(a) religious zeal.
(b) loyalty to the Jewish race.
(c) pursuit of knowledge for its own sake.
(d) sense of humor.
6. Einstein had also been a corresponding member of what other academy of Sciences?
(a) The French Academy of Sciences.
(b) The Swiss Academy of Sciences.
(c) The Bavarian Academy of Sciences.
(d) The Austrian Academy of Science.
7. What does Judaism insist on concerning all living things, especially humans, according to Einstein?
8. Einstein was a citizen of what country?
9. In what German city was the Bavarian Academy of Sciences located?
10. Who was the Secretary of the Prussian Academy of Sciences?
(a) Dr. Ernst Heymann.
(b) Dr. Heinrich Edelmann.
(c) Dr. Erhardt Birn.
(d) Dr. Eckhardt Lehmann.
11. With which famous French writer did Einstein compare himself with in explaining his decision not to associate with the French Manifesto
12. Why was the Prussian Academy of Sciences particularly upset at Einstein's statements?
(a) They revealed Germany for what it was.
(b) They were the truth.
(c) They were statements from a man of world-wide reputation.
(d) They were lies in the opinion of the Academy.
13. What did the Prussian Academy of Sciences rebuke Einstein for not doing?
(a) praising Germany.
(b) contradicting French and Belgian newspaper reports.
(c) remaining a member of the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
(d) remaining a German citizen.
14. In what German city was the Prussian Academy of Sciences located?
15. The demands of what form of societal system were for the most part first raised by the Jews, according to Einstein?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Einstein give for resigning from The Prussian Academy of Sciences?
2. At the beginning of Part III Einstein stated that hoped the principles of what great Germans would again prevail in Germany sometime in the future?
3. What two things did Einstein emphasize to Jewish youth were important for the destiny of the Jews?
4. Instead of atrocity-mongering what did the French people do?
5. What has the task in Palestine given the Jewish people according to Einstein?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)