Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein say would be no excuse for the behavior of the scientific academies?
(d) external pressure.
2. What kind of religion is Judaism not according to Einstein?
3. What was expressly included in the command to keep holy the Sabbath day?
(b) choice of food to be eaten.
(d) the synagogue or temple.
4. How many years did Einstein say in his Addresses on the Reconstruction of Palestine had passed since he had last made an address
on the Zionist cause?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
5. What did Einstein want the Prussian Academy of Sciences to do with his written statement?
(a) read it out loud at the meeting of the Academy.
(b) communicate it to its members and to the German public.
(c) publish it in prominent German newspapers.
(d) enter it into the minutes of the next Academy meeting.
6. What did Einstein feel was one of the noblest features of the French tradition?
(a) the highly developed sense of justice of the French people.
(b) the honesty of the French people.
(c) the love of life the French exhibit.
(d) the bravery of the French people.
7. With whom was Einstein staying when the Prussian Academy wrote to Einstein on April 7, 1933?
(a) Professor Liebenmilch.
(b) Professor Jungfrau.
(c) Professor Ehrenfest.
(d) Professor Kuhle.
8. Who did Einstein call "our leader" and praise for his zeal and circumspection?
9. What did the Prussian Academy of Sciences accuse Einstein of?
(a) writing derogatory newspaper articles about the Academy.
(b) atrocity-mongering in America and France.
(c) not disclosing recent scientific discoveries to the Academy.
(d) not writing the required scientific treatises.
10. According to Einstein what is the supreme value to which all other values are subordinate?
(a) the sacredness of Life.
(d) love of one's fellow man.
11. In Einstein's opinion with what is Judaism almost exclusively concerned?
(a) excellency in every direction.
(b) creating a Jewish nation.
(c) loyalty to theology of Judaism.
(d) the moral attitude in life and to life.
12. When did the Prussian Academy take cognizance of Einstein's resignation?
(a) in its plenary session of March 30, 1933.
(b) in its plenary session of March 29, 1933.
(c) in its plenary session of March 18, 1933.
(d) in it's plenary session of April 2, 1933.
13. What was the third feature of the Jewish tradition Einstein was so thankful for?
(a) the will to succeed.
(b) love of the Torah.
(c) love of science.
(d) the desire for personal independence.
14. At the beginning of Part III Einstein stated that hoped the principles of what great Germans would again prevail in Germany sometime in the future?
(a) Lessing and Thomas Mann.
(b) Hegel and Heine.
(c) Schiller and Schopenhauer.
(d) Kant and Goethe.
15. What had he not wanted done with the written document he gave the International League for combating anti-Semitism?
(a) He had not wanted it used to enlist support.
(b) He had not wanted it used for hate-mongering.
(c) He had not wanted his name put on it.
(d) He had not wanted it given to the Press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Jewish God according to Einstein?
2. What comment did Einstein make about the letter from von Ficker of the Prussian academy to him?
3. What is another feature of the Jewish tradition which Einstein highly values?
4. With which famous French writer did Einstein compare himself with in explaining his decision not to associate with the French Manifesto
5. What did the O.R.T. society do try to do for the Jewish people?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)