|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "Politics and Pacifism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein wrote an article in honor of which birthday of Arnold Berliner's ?
(a) the ninetieth
(b) the eightieth
(c) the seventieth
(d) the sixtieth
2. What elevates a man and enriches his nature, in Einstein's opinion?
(a) writing books that help others.
(b) giving his life for his country.
(c) helping others less fortunate than he.
(d) the urge to understand, intellectual work, creative or receptive
3. What Irish writer did Einstein esteem for his subtle humor and knowledge of human nature?
(a) Samuel Beckett.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) George Bernard Shaw.
4. How does Einstein view ease and happiness?
(a) things to be grateful for.
(b) things to strive toward.
(c) the most important things in life.
(d) not as ends in themselves.
5. Where did Einstein and his best friend hold long conversations for 10 years or more during his stay in Berlin?
(a) in a cafe house.
(b) in his friend's garden.
(c) at the university.
(d) on a yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom shouldn't we leave the struggle against armaments and against the war spirit according to Einstein?
2. What is Einstein's political ideal?
3. What has little place in the life of America as compared with Europe, according to Einstein?
4. Why were the laws of Prohibition destructive laws according to Einstein?
5. Who, considered a heretic, does Einstein compare with Saint Francis of Assisi?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)