|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "Politics and Pacifism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein state was the death of all sound work?
(a) greed and laziness.
(c) the gold standard.
2. Berliner wrote a textbook on which subject?
3. What did Berliner describe a scientific author to be a cross between in his humorous riddle?
(a) a hedgehog and a rose.
(b) a peony and an ant.
(c) a mimosa and a porcupine.
(d) a lion and a mouse.
4. Who was Einstein's closest friend during the time he spent in Berlin?
(a) Professor Katzenstein.
(b) Professor Feldmeier.
(c) Professor Loewenstein.
(d) Professor Goldsmidt.
5. On what basis did Einstein feel conscientious objectors must be protected?
(a) on an international basis.
(b) on a religious basis.
(c) on a legal basis.
(d) on a moral basis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Einstein feel used to unite Europe as late as the 17th century?
2. What was Lorentz' "unspoken but faithfully followed advice"?
3. What did Einstein feel couldn't be done by gradual steps?
4. What did Einstein abhor as the worst outcrop of the herd nature?
5. What determines the true value of a human being?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)