|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 "Politics and Pacifism".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Einstein think would lead to an "international police"?
(a) the need for subduing national unrest.
(b) the cowardice of the world's peoples.
(c) the almagamation of mercenary armies.
(d) the despotism of one nation.
2. What did Einstein feel was the main cause of the crisis the world faced?
(b) human laziness.
(c) technical progress.
3. What did Einstein feel couldn't be done by gradual steps?
(b) becoming intellectually superior.
(d) becoming a democracy.
4. Who was Frauelein Knake?
(a) a patient of Katzenstein's.
(b) Einstein's niece.
(c) Katzenstein's enthusiastic fellow-worker.
(d) Katzenstein's future daughter-in-law.
5. To whom did Einstein write about the sacredness of the pursuit of scientific truth requesting protection of Italian scholars.
(b) Bergoni, Italian Minister of Science.
(c) Niccolo Machiavelli.
(d) Rocco, Minister of State, Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Einstein compared the situation of the scientific world of his time to which Bible story?
2. Why did the intellectually elite not have a direct influence on the history of nations according to Einstein?
3. What was Einstein in favor of abolishing?
4. What is the principle art of a teacher according to Einstein?
5. At the time Einstein wrote this book which two U.S. products represented "real" overproduction, production exceeding the demand?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)