|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Germany".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom shouldn't we leave the struggle against armaments and against the war spirit according to Einstein?
(a) to religion.
(b) to the youth of countries.
(c) to the people.
(d) to the Governments.
2. Einstein felt himself lucky to witness the peace demonstration organized by what people?
(a) the Flemish people.
(b) the Italian people.
(c) the French people.
(d) the Swiss people.
3. What pact condemned war but left the individuals of each country to the mercy of the war machine?
(a) the Warsaw Pact.
(b) the Kellogg Pact
(c) the Geneva Pact
(d) the Peace Pact.
4. What book lay always on Einstein's table?
(a) a book of colored drawings by Japanese children.
(b) an illustrated book of Japanese wood cuts.
(c) the Talmud.
(d) the Bible.
5. What fundamental emotion stands at the cradle of true art and true science?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Einstein was in contrast to his passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility?
2. What did the Prussian Academy of Sciences rebuke Einstein for not doing?
3. Tyrants of genius are succeeded by whom, in Einstein's opinion?
4. What did Einstein think should be done with patriotic women?
5. Who, considered a heretic, does Einstein compare with Saint Francis of Assisi?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)