|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Germany".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had the Prussian Academy of Sciences confidently expected Einstein to defend Germany?
(a) because he had belonged to the Academy for a long time.
(b) because he didn't want to be thrown out of the Academy.
(c) because he would put his scientific connections first.
(d) because he would fear them.
2. Why did the intellectually elite not have a direct influence on the history of nations according to Einstein?
(a) their small numbers.
(b) their idealism
(c) their lack of cohesion
(d) their snobbery
3. What did Einstein feel would lead to unemployment?
(a) a depression.
(b) not enough labor needed for production of goods.
(c) too many people relying on welfare.
(d) a recession.
4. How many men refusing to fight on conscientious grounds at the same moment did Einstein think would be irresistible?
5. How did Einstein describe what was happening to the German people with regard to their anti-Semitism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally happens when businesses go smash?
2. Einstein felt himself lucky to witness the peace demonstration organized by what people?
3. What was the cultural flowering of the Italian Renaissance based on?
4. The religions of civilized peoples are based primarily on what according to Einstein?
5. Instead of atrocity-mongering what did the French people do?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)