|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Germany".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evoked religious notions in primitive man according to Einstein?
2. Tyrants of genius are succeeded by whom, in Einstein's opinion?
(c) men of democratic ideals.
3. To whom did Einstein write about the sacredness of the pursuit of scientific truth requesting protection of Italian scholars.
(a) Rocco, Minister of State, Rome.
(c) Bergoni, Italian Minister of Science.
(d) Niccolo Machiavelli.
4. What did Einstein want the Prussian Academy of Sciences to do with his written statement?
(a) publish it in prominent German newspapers.
(b) enter it into the minutes of the next Academy meeting.
(c) communicate it to its members and to the German public.
(d) read it out loud at the meeting of the Academy.
5. What was Einstein's position in a nutshell?
(a) Mere agreements to limit armaments furnish no security.
(b) Isolationism is best.
(c) War is useless.
(d) Intellectuals will finally triumph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ideals which have lighted Einstein's way and given him courage to face life cheerfully?
2. In what German city was the Prussian Academy of Sciences located?
3. What reason did Einstein give for resigning from The Prussian Academy of Sciences?
4. Who was the Secretary of the Prussian Academy of Sciences?
5. Which nation does Einstein feel helped to Balkanize Europe?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)