|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Germany".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the official date of Einstein's resignation from the Prussian Academy of Sciences?
(a) March 28, 1933.
(b) March 8, 1933.
(c) March 30, 1933.
(d) March 27, 1933.
2. What is Einstein's political ideal?
3. What constitutes an impotent pacifism according to Einstein?
(a) A pacifism which doesn't try to prevent nations from arming.
(b) A pacifism which is cowardly.
(c) A pacifism which succumbs to nationalism.
(d) A pacifism which is half-hearted.
4. Who was the Secretary of the Prussian Academy of Sciences?
(a) Dr. Eckhardt Lehmann.
(b) Dr. Erhardt Birn.
(c) Dr. Ernst Heymann.
(d) Dr. Heinrich Edelmann.
5. Why was the Prussian Academy of Sciences particularly upset at Einstein's statements?
(a) They were lies in the opinion of the Academy.
(b) They were statements from a man of world-wide reputation.
(c) They were the truth.
(d) They revealed Germany for what it was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is necessary for culture to flourish in a nation according to Einstein?
2. Einstein felt himself lucky to witness the peace demonstration organized by what people?
3. Tyrants of genius are succeeded by whom, in Einstein's opinion?
4. What did Einstein say would be no excuse for the behavior of the scientific academies?
5. What are the peoples of all countries guilty of which make disarmament impossible?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)