|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 "Germany".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein called the League of Nations not much more than a what?
(a) pipe dream.
(c) weak attempt.
(d) meeting hall.
2. How did Einstein plan to abolish unemployment?
(a) build more factories.
(b) legally reduce the number of working hours per week.
(c) invent new jobs.
(d) lower salaries.
3. The religions of civilized peoples are based primarily on what according to Einstein?
(d) worship of a superior Being.
4. What is the silently accepted motto of people having no civil courage?
(a) "War in inevitable."
(b) "It will be worked out somehow."
(c) "Leave it alone and don't speak of it."
(d) "What's the use?"
5. What was the official date of Einstein's resignation from the Prussian Academy of Sciences?
(a) March 30, 1933.
(b) March 27, 1933.
(c) March 28, 1933.
(d) March 8, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Einstein was in contrast to his passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility?
2. How did Einstein describe what was happening to the German people with regard to their anti-Semitism?
3. What Irish writer did Einstein esteem for his subtle humor and knowledge of human nature?
4. At the time Einstein wrote this book which two U.S. products represented "real" overproduction, production exceeding the demand?
5. What was one reason Einstein didn't associate himself with the French Manifesto against anti-Semitism?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)