|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strange about the light that Paulsen saw?
(a) It was glowing green.
(b) All of these.
(c) It seemed to pulse and ebb.
(d) It was low to the ground, and wide.
2. What did Paulsen see as if in a dream?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) They crossed a creek where there was open water, and the dogs worked around it.
(c) They crossed a lake with bad ice.
(d) Both of these.
3. How old approximately, was the fawn?
(a) Maybe a month old.
(b) Maybe two or three weeks old.
(c) Maybe one or two weeks old.
(d) Maybe a week old.
4. On day eight, what does Wilson do?
(a) Begins limping.
(b) Falls over.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
5. How many times did Fred attack the electric fence wire?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the man Paulsen meets remind him of?
2. What characteristics were a part of Storm?
3. What did Paulsen end up eating to maintain energy?
4. What did the word sound like in Paulsen's friend's mouth?
5. What needs do the dogs have for the races?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the stump glow, did Paulsen find out later?
2. Why did Cookie stop before the arch?
3. What happens to the dogs when they get tangled up and turn inwards, and what was the risk created?
4. What was strange about the clearing that Paulsen came across?
5. What things didn't make sense about where the deer was?
6. What strange activity did the cedar waxwings engage in?
7. How cold had it been that week?
8. When does Gary's friend appear again, and what does he do?
9. What does it not seem possible to accomplish and why?
10. How were the dogs strange with Gary?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)