|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gary think he was hallucinating, but wasn't?
(a) A bear.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A moose.
(d) A buffalo.
2. Why is 'scratching' spoken of as a disease?
(a) Racers who scratch are considered amateurs.
(b) It is costly to go home.
(c) The dogs must be shipped back to where they came from.
(d) Everyone wants to finish.
3. What characteristics were a part of Storm?
(c) All of these.
4. What did Paulsen mix with the Boyardee to make a stew?
(a) Two small pieces of the dogs fat.
(b) Two small carrots.
(c) Two small potatoes.
(d) An onion, carrot and potato.
5. What does everyone warn rookies about?
(a) The gorge.
(b) The Chute.
(c) All of these.
(d) The Gut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gary do in his moment of sheer stupidity?
2. What did Storm see as the enemy on the sled?
3. What wasn't one of the rumors that were abounding at Norton Sound?
4. What was the partial solution to the flies that Paulsen discovered accidentally?
5. What needs do the dogs have for the races?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the dogs strange with Gary?
2. What does Gary say the dogs told him while they were in the gully?
3. What strange activity did the cedar waxwings engage in?
4. Why is Gary unworried about the rumors he hears on the mandatory twenty-four hour layover?
5. What things didn't make sense about where the deer was?
6. What does Gary hear that breaks him of the spell that took him not to finish the Run?
7. How does it feel, on day three, for Gary running the dogs?
8. Why is there chaos in the first night?
9. What did this person do for Paulsen?
10. When did Storm pointedly drop the stick?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)