|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gary do to get the moose to move?
(a) He pepper sprayed the moose.
(b) He utilized a bear banger on the moose.
(c) He made a loud noise to startle the moose.
(d) He kicked the moose in the left flank.
2. Who had touched the fawn?
(a) The boy.
(c) The father.
(d) The pup.
3. How heavy did Fred get?
(a) Seventy-eight pounds.
(b) A hundred and thirty pounds.
(c) A hundred and twenty pounds.
(d) Eighty-five pounds.
4. What made the dogs nervous?
(a) The deer blind.
(b) The fog, carpeting the ground.
(c) The smoke rising up over the hill.
(d) The deer standing on the side of the trail, unmoving.
5. What joke did Storm play on the dog that pulled next to him?
(a) He would lick their ear.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He would blow in their ear.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of eyes did Storm have?
2. What did Paulsen end up eating to maintain energy?
3. Where is the start of the Iditarod?
4. What mountain range must the team cross?
5. What had taken out the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it that Paulsen had feared? Which dog broke that fear and what did he do?
2. Why did the stump glow, did Paulsen find out later?
3. When did Storm pointedly drop the stick?
4. On day nine, who comes and offers Paulsen a proposition? What is this proposition?
5. What did Paulsen eat while stuck in the deep cold?
6. What happened to him as a result?
7. What did this person do for Paulsen?
8. What was Gary worried about in day four?
9. Why is there chaos in the first night?
10. What does it not seem possible to accomplish and why?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)