|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did this bird clutch in her talons when Gary's wife was doing the laundry?
(a) A pair of boxers.
(b) A pair of panties.
(c) A bra.
(d) A pair of shorts.
2. What did Gary catch his knee on?
(a) A tree.
(b) A chunk of ice.
(c) A rock.
(d) A sharp snag.
3. What did Olaf like to fight about?
(a) All of these.
4. How many grouse eggs were there?
5. What did Gary begin training his dogs for?
(a) The Yukon Quest in the Yukon Territory.
(b) The Cannington dog sled race.
(c) The Caledonia Classic sled race.
(d) The Iditarod in Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the above all thing about the animal?
2. How many more years beyond that night did Storm last?
3. What does Gary like most about the woodstove?
4. What started Gary's desire to learn more about the woods?
5. How long did it take the dogs to understand fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in serious cold?
2. What does Gary define as "Bone Wars"?
3. Why was it a gamble when the deer had come into the camp?
4. How are northern coyotes like wolves?
5. What did Duberry do?
6. How did Gary know he was in trouble?
7. What kind of personality did Olaf have and why was he liked in spite of it?
8. What is an "honest dog"?
9. What happened to Russel and Quincy that summer?
10. As writing didn't completely pay the bills, how did Paulsen make ends meet?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)