|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the dogs to understand fire?
(a) An hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
2. How was Storm the classic sled dog?
(a) He liked people, and to be petted.
(b) All of these.
(c) He was an honest dog, and always worked hard, even when tired.
(d) He looked like a brindle wolf.
3. What did Gary call the games the dogs would play with these?
(a) A Race to the Dead.
(b) Bone Wars.
(c) None of these.
(d) A Squeek Off.
4. What is cuter than a grouse chick, according to Gary?
(a) A baby seal.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
5. The wind needs to blow in which direction to light the paper fire?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more years beyond that night did Storm last?
2. What animal did Gary see defeat the wolves?
3. What happened when Gary had attempted to put the eggs under the mean-spirited hen?
4. What was Gary's ignorance based on?
5. What hurt Gary the worst of all of his sustained injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Paulsen never hope to make again and why?
2. For what reason does Paulsen have predator problems?
3. What happens in serious cold?
4. What situation occurred to make Paulsen do something he didn't want to do?
5. What did Gary think he was doing when he picked up the grouse eggs?
6. How are northern coyotes like wolves?
7. What had Gary believed before he was forty?
8. Why didn't Gary put the deer out of her misery?
9. What is the greatest paradox about understanding the woods?
10. How did Gary know he was in trouble?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)