|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else loves the woodstove?
2. What does Gary define as "serious cold"?
(a) Fifty below zero.
(b) Forty below zero.
(c) All of these.
(d) Sixty below zero.
3. How cold was it when Paulsen woke to a living blanket?
(a) Around 30-35 below zero.
(b) Around 10 below zero.
(c) Around 20 below zero.
(d) Around 40 below zero.
4. What did Gary catch his knee on?
(a) A chunk of ice.
(b) A rock.
(c) A tree.
(d) A sharp snag.
5. Who 'doctored' Gary's wounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. What three animals caused the sled team to go awry?
2. What have bears learned in Alaska?
3. Why was it impossible to not be near this hen's brood?
4. Where has Gary spent most of his life?
5. What mistake did Paulsen make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the greatest paradox about understanding the woods?
2. What had Gary believed before he was forty?
3. What kinds of preparations need to be done before Paulsen can go to sleep?
4. What traits did Obeah possess that Paulsen thought made him a good lead dog?
5. What did Gary think he was doing when he picked up the grouse eggs?
6. What happened to Russel and Quincy that summer?
7. What mistake does Paulsen never hope to make again and why?
8. Why were people driven out of the house of Gary's neighbor?
9. What does Gary define as "Bone Wars"?
10. What is an "honest dog"?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)