|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the warm gentle feeling that Paulsen gets at the checkpoint on day eleven?
(a) Being welcomed by total strangers.
(b) All of these.
(c) Being surrounded by his dogs.
(d) Being welcomed by the ghosts of the graveyard.
2. What scared Paulsen about the song the dogs sang?
(a) It was a death song.
(b) It was a song the dogs had sung when one of their member had died in his kennel from old age.
(c) He had heard it only once before.
(d) All of these.
3. What is phony about the start of the race?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) The race starts later than it is publicized.
(c) The race doesn't actually start in Anchorage, it's a publicity stunt.
(d) Both of these.
4. Which dog attempted to kill Yogi?
5. What did the word sound like in Paulsen's friend's mouth?
(a) None of these.
(b) An explosion.
(c) An epithet.
(d) A command.
6. On day seven, what does Wilson do?
(a) Fall over.
(b) Is sick.
(c) Run and try and lick his feet.
(d) Run on three legs and suck a foot.
7. Which dog nearly took Storm's head off in surprise at this action?
8. How deep is the snow on day two?
(a) Up to Gary's neck.
(b) Up to Gary's chin.
(c) Up to Gary's armpits.
(d) Up to Gary's eyes.
9. What did Paulsen mix with the Boyardee to make a stew?
(a) Two small potatoes.
(b) Two small carrots.
(c) Two small pieces of the dogs fat.
(d) An onion, carrot and potato.
10. Why did Gary stop and turn around?
(a) All of these.
(b) He doesn't really know for sure.
(c) He doesn't want to finish the race.
(d) The Race is something that doesn't seem like it can be done.
11. How many cedar waxwings would alight on a branch?
(a) No more than 5-8.
(b) No more than 8-10.
(c) No more than 8.
(d) No more than 9.
12. What did Storm use to communicate with Gary?
(a) A pine cone.
(b) A ball.
(d) A stick.
13. What does Gary do in his moment of sheer stupidity?
(a) Ties his arm to the sled.
(b) Ties his legs to the sled.
(c) None of these.
(d) Ties his feet to the sled.
14. What did Paulsen end up eating to maintain energy?
(a) Sticks of butter.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Powdered protein.
(d) Both of these.
15. What is the only thing that Gary initially wanted?
(a) To see his wife again.
(b) To win the race.
(c) To finish the race.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What needs do the dogs have for the races?
2. At what point is there a mandatory twenty-four hour layover?
3. What stops the sled?
4. How far is the run downhill on day twelve?
5. How many times did Fred attack the electric fence wire?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)