|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, The Race, Days 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep is the snow on day two?
(a) Up to Gary's chin.
(b) Up to Gary's armpits.
(c) Up to Gary's neck.
(d) Up to Gary's eyes.
2. What did Paulsen note about the man's eyes?
(a) They were gentle.
(b) They were blue.
(c) They were cold.
(d) They were vacant.
3. Where didn't Storm want to leave when he was retired?
(a) The house.
(b) All of these.
(c) The kennel.
(d) The yard.
4. What animal did Gary see defeat the wolves?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A beaver.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A fox.
5. What was Gary's ignorance based on?
(a) All of these.
(d) Things he had been told.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wind needs to blow in which direction to light the paper fire?
2. What have bears learned in Alaska?
3. What did Gary think about simply running the dogs for no reason?
4. Who helped Paulsen out of the sled?
5. What were mushers warned about that Gary approaches on day six?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)