|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Running, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gary think about simply running the dogs for no reason?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) It was immature.
(d) It was wasteful.
2. What else loves the woodstove?
3. How big was this mean little hen's flock?
4. What did Gary see on a river in Alaska?
(a) All of these.
(b) Snow forming from the water as it rushed against a rock.
(c) A fish, frozen into the water.
(d) A whirlpool had frozen into a cone.
5. What had taken out the trail?
(a) A logging truck.
(b) A logging skidder.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cuter than a grouse chick, according to Gary?
2. Who got the first of the hen's wrath?
3. How many miles is the Iditarod from start to finish?
4. What hurt Gary the worst of all of his sustained injuries?
5. What nationality was the man who helped Paulsen?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)