|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Running, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who 'doctored' Gary's wounds?
2. What is cuter than a grouse chick, according to Gary?
(a) A baby seal.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A puppy.
3. What had taken out the trail?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) A logging truck.
(c) A logging skidder.
(d) Both of these.
4. What did Paulsen see as if in a dream?
(a) Both of these.
(b) They crossed a creek where there was open water, and the dogs worked around it.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) They crossed a lake with bad ice.
5. What hurt Gary the worst of all of his sustained injuries?
(a) When he broke his left leg.
(b) When he broke his left wrist.
(c) When he cracked his ribs.
(d) When he tore his knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man put in the sled with Paulsen?
2. What gets the dogs wound up?
3. What did Gary think about simply running the dogs for no reason?
4. What did this bird clutch in her talons when Gary's wife was doing the laundry?
5. What did the word sound like in Paulsen's friend's mouth?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)