|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Running, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gary think about simply running the dogs for no reason?
(a) It was wasteful.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) It was immature.
2. What happened as a result of the interaction between Olaf and Columbia?
(a) Gary couldn't reprimand them any more.
(b) Gary couldn't trap anymore.
(c) Gary didn't see them as simply dogs.
(d) Gary removed them from the team and had to put them down.
3. Why was it impossible to not be near this hen's brood?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) They were scattered across the yard.
(c) Both of these.
(d) There were many of them.
4. Who helped Paulsen out of the sled?
(a) None of these.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friend.
5. What gets the dogs wound up?
(a) New trails.
(b) The smell of blood.
(c) New scents.
(d) Chasing game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the difference between Columbia and Olaf?
2. How long did the first run take?
3. Which dog did Gary define as having had a sense of humor?
4. What have the chickens discovered?
5. How many of the dogs had gotten frost bitten ears?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)