|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wooden describe "self satisfaction"?
2. What does Wooden believe the worst punishment of a person would be?
3. What two elements does Wooden say are the "mortar" keeping his physical representation of success together?
4. What type of coach doesn't Wooden seem to like?
5. How does Wooden feel now that he's no longer coaching at UCLA?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are three ways that Wooden tries to empower the reader of "Wooden" to try to be his or her best? (Example: Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln's life as a tool to motivate readers to become more like Lincoln.)
Essay Topic 2
Wooden tells the reader at the beginning of the book that he has a love for literature. How is his love for literature apparent at three different times during the text of "Wooden'? (Example: The use of poetry throughout "Wooden" shows that Wooden loves the written word and is familiar with many types of poems as well as authors.)
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall theme of the book "Wooden"? (In other words, what theme is the thread that holds the whole piece together?)
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)