|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden defines "intentness" as what?
2. What does Wooden believe the worst punishment of a person would be?
3. Throughout his career, what percentage of Wooden's players received their diplomas?
4. Wooden says that confidence is something that can only occur after what?
5. When things don't turn out as we want them to, Wooden suggests that we rely on what?
Essay Topic 1
Choose three places in "Wooden" where John Wooden uses real people to illustrate his points. How does the person's character, experiences, and/or reputation support what Wooden is trying to explain to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Wooden talks about a number of terms throughout the book. Pick any three of the four terms below and explain in detail what they mean:
1. Physiological warfare.
2. Paying the price.
3. Competitive greatness.
4. Dictatorial style.
Essay Topic 3
Wooden's father (as well as his father's influence) appears directly and indirectly throughout the course of the book. Write down how Wooden's father influenced Wooden in any three of the following areas:
1. Wooden's philosophy of coaching/teaching.
2. Wooden's pyramid of success.
3. Wooden's relationship with his players.
4. Wooden's relationship with his wife.
5. Wooden's decision to leave UCLA.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)