|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wooden retired, he told his team what?
2. What does Wooden say about his wife, Nellie, at the end of "Wooden"?
3. How does Wooden describe "team spirit"?
4. How does Wooden think people should feel about the work they do?
5. What does Wooden call being your best when your best is needed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wooden's father (as well as his father's influence) appears directly and indirectly throughout the course of the book. Write down how Wooden's father influenced Wooden in any three of the following areas:
1. Wooden's philosophy of coaching/teaching.
2. Wooden's pyramid of success.
3. Wooden's relationship with his players.
4. Wooden's relationship with his wife.
5. Wooden's decision to leave UCLA.
Essay Topic 2
Poetry is used throughout "Wooden." Explore the ways in which poetry assists the reader in any two of the following areas:
1. Understanding Wooden's father.
2. Understanding Wooden's relationship with his wife, Nellie.
3. Understanding Wooden's coaching/teaching principles.
4. Understanding the way Wooden raises his family.
5. Understanding Wooden's pyramid of success.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the building blocks of Wooden's pyramid and answer these questions about it:
1. Where does the building block fit into Wooden's pyramid?
2. How does Wooden persuade the reader to agree with him about his views regarding this building block?
3. In what way has Wooden shown that he demonstrates this building block?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)