Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a UCLA player's first priority (according to Wooden)?
2. Who does Wooden say once said that he, "Learned something from everyone he met"?
3. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
4. At the top of Wooden's schematic are confidence and what?
5. Throughout his career, what percentage of Wooden's players received their diplomas?
Essay Topic 1
There are numerous "tones" that Wooden uses throughout "Wooden." What tone would you attribute to each of these topics and why?
1. The Special Olympics.
2. The regular Olympics.
3. Joshua Wooden.
4. Nellie Wooden.
6. Abraham Lincoln.
7. The Bible.
8. Literature and poetry.
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall theme of the book "Wooden"? (In other words, what theme is the thread that holds the whole piece together?)
Essay Topic 3
If we consider Wooden's pyramid of success to be the climax of his book, what would three "rising action" elements (those parts of the book leading up to the climax) be?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)