|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wooden feel now that he's no longer coaching at UCLA?
2. When things don't turn out as we want them to, Wooden suggests that we rely on what?
3. What does Wooden say that discipline is?
4. Who is the source of Wooden's beliefs on his theories about students getting average grades?
5. What advice does Wooden give on "following" others?
Essay Topic 1
Wooden tells the reader at the beginning of the book that he has a love for literature. How is his love for literature apparent at three different times during the text of "Wooden'? (Example: The use of poetry throughout "Wooden" shows that Wooden loves the written word and is familiar with many types of poems as well as authors.)
Essay Topic 2
What are three ways that Wooden tries to empower the reader of "Wooden" to try to be his or her best? (Example: Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln's life as a tool to motivate readers to become more like Lincoln.)
Essay Topic 3
Wooden talks about a number of terms throughout the book. Pick any three of the four terms below and explain in detail what they mean:
1. Physiological warfare.
2. Paying the price.
3. Competitive greatness.
4. Dictatorial style.
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)