|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the top of Wooden's schematic are confidence and what?
2. How does Wooden think people should feel about the work they do?
3. How does Wooden feel about his time spent at UCLA?
4. When Wooden discusses conditioning, he says that it is all-inclusive, involving the moral, physical, and what?
5. How does Wooden handle his players' weaknesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. When it comes to winning championships, what two things does Wooden keep in mind?
2. How does Wooden describe his tactical knowledge when it comes to basketball?
3. How does Wooden end "Wooden"?
4. Despite the fact that Wooden doesn't like all his players, how does he treat them?
5. Where does winning come into place in Wooden's pyramid of success?
6. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
7. What does Wooden stress about listening to what people say about you? What example does he give?
8. What are three ways that Wooden makes sure his players are ready for "physiological warfare"?
9. From where did Wooden get his ideas for his pyramid of success?
10. Why does Wooden place a high importance on being a coach/teacher in terms of the coach-player relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are numerous "tones" that Wooden uses throughout "Wooden." What tone would you attribute to each of these topics and why?
1. The Special Olympics.
2. The regular Olympics.
3. Joshua Wooden.
4. Nellie Wooden.
6. Abraham Lincoln.
7. The Bible.
8. Literature and poetry.
Essay Topic 2
Wooden talks about a number of terms throughout the book. Pick any three of the four terms below and explain in detail what they mean:
1. Physiological warfare.
2. Paying the price.
3. Competitive greatness.
4. Dictatorial style.
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall theme of the book "Wooden"? (In other words, what theme is the thread that holds the whole piece together?)
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)