|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden says when you take initiative, there are times when what may happen?
2. How does Wooden describe "self satisfaction"?
3. Sometimes, players who had things going on in their lives wanted Wooden to do what?
4. What does Wooden say that discipline is?
5. How does Wooden handle his players' weaknesses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "being fair" mean to Wooden when it comes to being a leader?
2. What are three ways that Wooden shows he cares about his players?
3. What three blocks are located between the first two blocks that Wooden describes when defining his pyramid of success? What do all five blocks make up?
4. Why does Wooden place a high importance on being a coach/teacher in terms of the coach-player relationship?
5. How does Wooden end "Wooden"?
6. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
7. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
8. How do Wooden's beliefs regarding morality affect the way he's put his pyramid of success together?
9. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
10. Why does Wooden feel that parents shouldn't necessarily be concerned that their children aren't getting high grades?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall theme of the book "Wooden"? (In other words, what theme is the thread that holds the whole piece together?)
Essay Topic 2
There are numerous "tones" that Wooden uses throughout "Wooden." What tone would you attribute to each of these topics and why?
1. The Special Olympics.
2. The regular Olympics.
3. Joshua Wooden.
4. Nellie Wooden.
6. Abraham Lincoln.
7. The Bible.
8. Literature and poetry.
Essay Topic 3
How does Wooden ensure that all the players he coaches are ready to be successful in the following areas:
3. As a team.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)