|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a UCLA player's first priority (according to Wooden)?
2. Who does Wooden say once said that he, "Learned something from everyone he met"?
3. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
4. At the top of Wooden's schematic are confidence and what?
5. Throughout his career, what percentage of Wooden's players received their diplomas?
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of parallels that occur in "Wooden." Discuss the parallels between three of the following topics:
1. Wooden's relationship with his father and Wooden's relationship with the reader.
2. Wooden's time as a coach and Wooden's time as a father.
3. Wooden's relationship with his father and Wooden's relationship with his team members.
4. Wooden's pyramid of success and Wooden's coaching career.
5. Wooden's thoughts about his father and Wooden's thoughts about Abraham Lincoln.
Essay Topic 2
If we consider Wooden's pyramid of success to be the climax of his book, what would three "rising action" elements (those parts of the book leading up to the climax) be?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the building blocks of Wooden's pyramid and answer these questions about it:
1. Where does the building block fit into Wooden's pyramid?
2. How does Wooden persuade the reader to agree with him about his views regarding this building block?
3. In what way has Wooden shown that he demonstrates this building block?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)