Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a UCLA player's first priority (according to Wooden)?
2. Who does Wooden say once said that he, "Learned something from everyone he met"?
3. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
4. At the top of Wooden's schematic are confidence and what?
5. Throughout his career, what percentage of Wooden's players received their diplomas?
Wooden tells the reader at the beginning of the book that he has a love for literature. How is his love for literature apparent at three different times during the text of "Wooden'? (Example: The use of poetry throughout "Wooden" shows that Wooden loves the written word and is familiar with many types of poems as well as authors.)
What are three ways that Wooden tries to empower the reader of "Wooden" to try to be his or her best? (Example: Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln's life as a tool to motivate readers to become more like Lincoln.)
The notion of "family" is a theme that runs through "Wooden." Choose any three of the relationships below and talk about how Wooden describes the relationship to the reader in a familial manner. Do not use the same familial relationship for all three answers.
1. The relationship between coaches and players.
2. The relationship between Wooden and UCLA.
3. The relationship between Wooden and the reader.
4. The relationship between players on a team.
5. The relationship between a teacher and his/her students.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)