|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden has won many championships. What does he say about how that makes him feel?
2. For Wooden, success in a game is what?
3. The way Wooden treats his players is similar to the way a man treats his what?
4. How does Wooden feel about players who get average grades?
5. How does Wooden make sure his players push the other team to their limit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the building blocks of Wooden's pyramid and answer these questions about it:
1. Where does the building block fit into Wooden's pyramid?
2. How does Wooden persuade the reader to agree with him about his views regarding this building block?
3. In what way has Wooden shown that he demonstrates this building block?
Essay Topic 2
How does Wooden ensure that all the players he coaches are ready to be successful in the following areas:
3. As a team.
Essay Topic 3
"Wooden" is autobiographical as well as instructive. Explain three places in "Wooden" that are autobiographical in nature, then explain three places in "Wooden" that are instructive (i.e., that impart information to the reader).
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)