|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wooden describe "self satisfaction"?
2. How does Wooden think people should feel about the work they do?
3. A willingness to work hard is termed by Wooden as what?
4. What type of person does Wooden say motivates by fear of discipline?
5. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
Essay Topic 1
Wooden talks about a number of terms throughout the book. Pick any three of the four terms below and explain in detail what they mean:
1. Physiological warfare.
2. Paying the price.
3. Competitive greatness.
4. Dictatorial style.
Essay Topic 2
Wooden doesn't come out and directly state everything; instead, he allows the reader to make some inferences. What can the reader infer about the following topics based on what's written throughout "Wooden"? Be specific in your answer.
1. Wooden's relationship with his children.
2. Wooden's relationship with Kareem Abdul-Jabar.
3. Wooden's personal library.
4. Wooden's method of writing "Wooden."
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the building blocks of Wooden's pyramid and answer these questions about it:
1. Where does the building block fit into Wooden's pyramid?
2. How does Wooden persuade the reader to agree with him about his views regarding this building block?
3. In what way has Wooden shown that he demonstrates this building block?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)