Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden feels that people can never reach what state?
2. What does Wooden think of people trying to achieve goals that will or could harm themselves?
3. Wooden states that many of his players were never given what?
4. Wooden thinks that accepting money for endorsements could potentially be what?
5. Wooden says what about the thought of himself dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wooden use poetry in Part 2 of "Wooden" to show he loves his father?
2. Why does Wooden think working toward a goal should be a first concern for someone who wants to be successful?
3. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
4. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
5. Why does Wooden want his players to want to please him rather than wanting them to be afraid of disappointing him?
6. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
7. How does Wooden feel about the players who didn't become famous as opposed to the ones who did become famous?
8. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
9. How does Wooden's father's "teaching" personality carry over into his sons?
10. Why does Wooden disagree with the Webster's dictionary term for success?
Essay Topic 1
Wooden talks about a number of terms throughout the book. Pick any three of the four terms below and explain in detail what they mean:
1. Physiological warfare.
2. Paying the price.
3. Competitive greatness.
4. Dictatorial style.
Essay Topic 2
"Wooden" is autobiographical as well as instructive. Explain three places in "Wooden" that are autobiographical in nature, then explain three places in "Wooden" that are instructive (i.e., that impart information to the reader).
Essay Topic 3
How does Wooden ensure that all the players he coaches are ready to be successful in the following areas:
3. As a team.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)