|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden suggests that people shouldn't work twice as hard tomorrow to make up for what?
2. What does Wooden quote throughout "Wooden"?
3. What does Wooden call himself?
4. Wooden says his parents worked without what?
5. Wooden believes that to achieve success, a person must have what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wooden stress about listening to what people say about you? What example does he give?
2. How does Wooden describe his tactical knowledge when it comes to basketball?
3. How does Wooden feel about the players who didn't become famous as opposed to the ones who did become famous?
4. What is Wooden's caution when it comes to finding your "bliss"?
5. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
6. How do Wooden's beliefs regarding morality affect the way he's put his pyramid of success together?
7. What are three ways that Wooden makes sure his players are ready for "physiological warfare"?
8. How does Wooden feel about athletes taking money for endorsements?
9. Describe how Wooden feels about the concept of "role models"?
10. Why does Wooden believe that hopes and dreams are not enough to succeed?
Essay Topic 1
Wooden tells the reader at the beginning of the book that he has a love for literature. How is his love for literature apparent at three different times during the text of "Wooden'? (Example: The use of poetry throughout "Wooden" shows that Wooden loves the written word and is familiar with many types of poems as well as authors.)
Essay Topic 2
How does Wooden ensure that all the players he coaches are ready to be successful in the following areas:
3. As a team.
Essay Topic 3
Wooden doesn't come out and directly state everything; instead, he allows the reader to make some inferences. What can the reader infer about the following topics based on what's written throughout "Wooden"? Be specific in your answer.
1. Wooden's relationship with his children.
2. Wooden's relationship with Kareem Abdul-Jabar.
3. Wooden's personal library.
4. Wooden's method of writing "Wooden."
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)