|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Wooden born?
2. Wooden feels that strong support in a family results in what?
3. Wooden isn't paid large amounts of money to do what?
4. When Wooden loses Nellie, he finds what?
5. Wooden thinks of himself mainly as a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. For Wooden, personal glory comes second to what?
2. Why does Wooden disagree with the Webster's dictionary term for success?
3. Wooden believes that the media has made winning different. Why?
4. What is Wooden's caution when it comes to finding your "bliss"?
5. Why does Wooden believe that hopes and dreams are not enough to succeed?
6. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
7. Describe how Wooden feels about the concept of "role models"?
8. Why does Wooden believe you shouldn't compare yourself to someone else?
9. What does Wooden think happens to a person who becomes "infected" by success?
10. How does Wooden describe his parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Wooden" is autobiographical as well as instructive. Explain three places in "Wooden" that are autobiographical in nature, then explain three places in "Wooden" that are instructive (i.e., that impart information to the reader).
Essay Topic 2
Abraham Lincoln is referenced several times during "Wooden." When and why does Wooden choose to use Abraham Lincoln to make his points? What are those points?
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall theme of the book "Wooden"? (In other words, what theme is the thread that holds the whole piece together?)
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)