|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden ends "Wooden" with a poem that seems to be a reminder of his love for what?
(b) His children.
(c) His players.
(d) His father.
2. What does Wooden ensure about every player's shoes?
(a) That they have a thick sole.
(b) That they are clean at all times.
(c) That they are the correct size.
(d) That they look uniform to everyone else's shoes.
3. What type of person does Wooden say motivates by fear of discipline?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A monster.
(c) A sociopath.
(d) A fascist.
4. Three elements that strongly influenced Wooden's ideas on success are his faith, ideas on morality, and what?
(a) Personal achievements.
(c) Grade school teachers.
5. What shape does Wooden use to visually describe "success"?
(a) A triangle.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) A hexagon.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wooden want his players' feet to be tough?
2. Aside from sharing a knowledge of the game, how does Wooden help his team win?
3. What does Wooden believe the worst punishment of a person would be?
4. Wooden teaches his players but he also does what?
5. For Wooden, success in a game is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite the fact that Wooden doesn't like all his players, how does he treat them?
2. What three blocks are located between the first two blocks that Wooden describes when defining his pyramid of success? What do all five blocks make up?
3. What does "being fair" mean to Wooden when it comes to being a leader?
4. How does Wooden end "Wooden"?
5. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
6. Wooden is not what he calls a "dictator style coach." In what ways does he differ from that type of coach?
7. When it comes to winning championships, what two things does Wooden keep in mind?
8. What are the three priorities (in order of importance) Wooden feels every UCLA player should keep in mind?
9. How do Wooden's beliefs regarding morality affect the way he's put his pyramid of success together?
10. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)