|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden believes something is not worth working toward if you are not willing to be what to it?
2. When Wooden is critical of his players, he is critical because he feels how about them?
(a) He thinks they are taking advantage of him.
(b) He wants them to remember "who's boss."
(c) He doesn't want them getting "too big for their britches."
(d) He cares about them.
3. What two elements does Wooden say are the "mortar" keeping his physical representation of success together?
(a) Hope and faith.
(b) Faith and talent.
(c) Faith and charity.
(d) Patience and faith.
4. How does Wooden handle his players' weaknesses?
(a) He partners them with a stronger player.
(b) He helps them overcome them.
(c) He expects them to work on those weaknesses themselves.
(d) He makes fun of them.
5. How often does Wooden believe people can do their best?
(a) Every time.
(b) Very rarely.
(c) More often than not.
(d) Once in a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wooden want his players to have zero creases in their socks?
2. Aside from sharing a knowledge of the game, how does Wooden help his team win?
3. Wooden says "being fair" doesn't mean what?
4. How does Wooden handle his players when they've done something well or correctly?
5. Wooden says people shouldn't be afraid to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When it comes to winning championships, what two things does Wooden keep in mind?
2. How does Wooden describe his tactical knowledge when it comes to basketball?
3. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
4. What elements make up the "mortar" of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why does he choose these elements?
5. Why does Wooden place a high importance on being a coach/teacher in terms of the coach-player relationship?
6. Where does winning come into place in Wooden's pyramid of success?
7. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
8. Wooden is not what he calls a "dictator style coach." In what ways does he differ from that type of coach?
9. What does "being fair" mean to Wooden when it comes to being a leader?
10. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)