|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A willingness to work hard is termed by Wooden as what?
2. Why does Wooden want his players' feet to be tough?
(a) So they can handle stopping, starting, and pivoting.
(b) So they can handle running drills.
(c) So they can outrun the other teams.
(d) So they can play barefoot in the warmer months.
3. How does Wooden feel punishment of players should be handled?
(a) In a room with the player's parents.
(b) On the court.
(c) In public.
(d) In private.
4. How does Wooden handle his players' weaknesses?
(a) He makes fun of them.
(b) He helps them overcome them.
(c) He expects them to work on those weaknesses themselves.
(d) He partners them with a stronger player.
5. Wooden says that you can have what on the lives of those you instruct?
(a) An impact.
(b) A moneymaking opportunity.
(c) Little input.
(d) No meaningful changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wooden ensure about every player's shoes?
2. How does Wooden feel about players who get average grades?
3. What are the first "two blocks" (aka, the "base") of success that Wooden describes?
4. When Wooden discusses conditioning, he says that it is all-inclusive, involving the moral, physical, and what?
5. When does Wooden say he knew it was time for him to retire?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)