|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things doesn't Wooden suggest a coach use to lead his team?
(a) Fear and disgust.
(b) Drama and denial.
(c) Fun and laughter.
(d) Violence and anger.
2. Wooden says "being fair" doesn't mean what?
(a) Everyone wins the game.
(b) Everyone is your friend.
(c) Everyone gets lots of money.
(d) Everyone is treated the same.
3. What does Wooden call being your best when your best is needed?
(a) Competitive opportunity.
(b) Competitive greatness.
(c) Competitive style.
(d) Competitive grace.
4. How does Wooden handle his players when they've done something well or correctly?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He has the team applaud for them.
(c) He praises them.
(d) He tells their parents.
5. What two elements does Wooden say are the "mortar" keeping his physical representation of success together?
(a) Faith and talent.
(b) Patience and faith.
(c) Faith and charity.
(d) Hope and faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though Wooden doesn't like all of his players, he does feel what way about them?
2. What does Wooden ensure about every player's shoes?
3. What does Wooden seem to think of his skills as a basketball tactician?
4. How long does Wooden say it took to come up with all his "blocks" to success?
5. How does Wooden describe "self satisfaction"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three blocks are located between the first two blocks that Wooden describes when defining his pyramid of success? What do all five blocks make up?
2. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
3. How does Wooden discuss his retirement from coaching during Part 3 of "Wooden"?
4. Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln to illustrate which of the four blocks that are at the second level of his pyramid of success? Why?
5. What are the two blocks that Wooden uses to introduce his image of a pyramid to his readers?
6. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
7. What are the three priorities (in order of importance) Wooden feels every UCLA player should keep in mind?
8. Where does winning come into place in Wooden's pyramid of success?
9. What block is at the center of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why?
10. What does Wooden stress about listening to what people say about you? What example does he give?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)