|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden ends "Wooden" with a poem that seems to be a reminder of his love for what?
(a) His children.
(b) His father.
(c) His players.
2. Three elements that strongly influenced Wooden's ideas on success are his faith, ideas on morality, and what?
(a) Grade school teachers.
(b) Personal achievements.
3. Wooden says that friendship is important even if you're not talking about being part of a what?
(c) Teaching circle.
4. Why does Wooden want his players' feet to be tough?
(a) So they can outrun the other teams.
(b) So they can handle stopping, starting, and pivoting.
(c) So they can handle running drills.
(d) So they can play barefoot in the warmer months.
5. How does Wooden think people should feel about the work they do?
(a) They should work without sleep or food.
(b) They should love their work.
(c) They should get through their work as quickly as possible.
(d) They should always be perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wooden say that team players have to feel about themselves?
2. How does Wooden handle his players' weaknesses?
3. When Wooden retired, he told his team what?
4. What does Wooden try to do with his players' internal prides?
5. How long does Wooden say it took to come up with all his "blocks" to success?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three ways that Wooden shows he cares about his players?
2. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
3. Why does Wooden feel that parents shouldn't necessarily be concerned that their children aren't getting high grades?
4. From where did Wooden get his ideas for his pyramid of success?
5. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
6. What are the three priorities (in order of importance) Wooden feels every UCLA player should keep in mind?
7. When does Wooden say he knew it was time to retire from coaching at UCLA?
8. What block is at the top of Wooden's pyramid of success? What does it mean?
9. What are three ways that Wooden makes sure his players are ready for "physiological warfare"?
10. Despite the fact that Wooden doesn't like all his players, how does he treat them?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)