|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Wooden believe people can do their best?
(a) Every time.
(b) Very rarely.
(c) More often than not.
(d) Once in a while.
2. Wooden teaches his players but he also does what?
(a) Prays with them.
(b) Takes them home to their families.
(c) Gives them dinner every Sunday.
(d) Learns from them.
3. Wooden says that you can have what on the lives of those you instruct?
(a) An impact.
(b) Little input.
(c) No meaningful changes.
(d) A moneymaking opportunity.
4. How long does Wooden say it took to come up with all his "blocks" to success?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Twenty-one years.
5. Wooden feels that no matter what you're aiming to do, every person must be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden says that "team spirit" is something a person must be what?
2. When Wooden retired, he told his team what?
3. What does Wooden say about his players' lives and problems?
4. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
5. What two elements does Wooden say are the "mortar" keeping his physical representation of success together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Wooden is not what he calls a "dictator style coach." In what ways does he differ from that type of coach?
2. From where did Wooden get his ideas for his pyramid of success?
3. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
4. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
5. When it comes to winning championships, what two things does Wooden keep in mind?
6. Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln to illustrate which of the four blocks that are at the second level of his pyramid of success? Why?
7. What are the two blocks that Wooden uses to introduce his image of a pyramid to his readers?
8. What does "being fair" mean to Wooden when it comes to being a leader?
9. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
10. Despite the fact that Wooden doesn't like all his players, how does he treat them?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)