|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Wooden's opinion, "[b]eing aware of the things that will influence your situation" is described as what?
2. How much of a person's job does Wooden believe a person should be able to do?
(a) As much of it as he or she can.
(b) At least a little of it.
(c) Most of it.
(d) All of it.
3. The way Wooden treats his players is similar to the way a man treats his what?
4. How does Wooden handle his players when they've done something well or correctly?
(a) He has the team applaud for them.
(b) He praises them.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He tells their parents.
5. What happens to UCLA students who make social interactions their first priorities?
(a) They don't get any media spotlight.
(b) They get kicked out of school immediately.
(c) They lose Wooden's empathy.
(d) They no longer play basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden says being a coach is akin to being a what?
2. What two elements does Wooden say are the "mortar" keeping his physical representation of success together?
3. Who does Wooden say once said that he, "Learned something from everyone he met"?
4. Why does Wooden want his players to have zero creases in their socks?
5. How does Wooden refer to his method of making sure his team is in better physical condition than their opponents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements make up the "mortar" of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why does he choose these elements?
2. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
3. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
4. Where does winning come into place in Wooden's pyramid of success?
5. Why does Wooden feel that parents shouldn't necessarily be concerned that their children aren't getting high grades?
6. Wooden is not what he calls a "dictator style coach." In what ways does he differ from that type of coach?
7. How does Wooden end "Wooden"?
8. What are the two blocks that Wooden uses to introduce his image of a pyramid to his readers?
9. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
10. What are three ways that Wooden makes sure his players are ready for "physiological warfare"?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)