|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden says when you take initiative, there are times when what may happen?
(a) You may make a fool of yourself.
(b) You may make a profit.
(c) You may make enemies.
(d) You may fail.
2. What shape does Wooden use to visually describe "success"?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A box.
(d) A hexagon.
3. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
(a) A likable personality.
(b) Team spirit.
(c) Natural talent.
(d) Good parents.
4. What happens to UCLA students who make social interactions their first priorities?
(a) They get kicked out of school immediately.
(b) They don't get any media spotlight.
(c) They lose Wooden's empathy.
(d) They no longer play basketball.
5. The way Wooden treats his players is similar to the way a man treats his what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wooden think people should feel about the work they do?
2. Though Wooden doesn't like all of his players, he does feel what way about them?
3. Who does Wooden say once said that he, "Learned something from everyone he met"?
4. What does Wooden say about "enthusiasm"?
5. Aside from sharing a knowledge of the game, how does Wooden help his team win?
Short Essay Questions
1. What block is at the center of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why?
2. Where does winning come into place in Wooden's pyramid of success?
3. What are the three priorities (in order of importance) Wooden feels every UCLA player should keep in mind?
4. What does Wooden stress about listening to what people say about you? What example does he give?
5. When does Wooden say he knew it was time to retire from coaching at UCLA?
6. Why does Wooden place a high importance on being a coach/teacher in terms of the coach-player relationship?
7. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
8. When it comes to winning championships, what two things does Wooden keep in mind?
9. How does Wooden discuss his retirement from coaching during Part 3 of "Wooden"?
10. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)