|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooden ensure about every player's shoes?
(a) That they have a thick sole.
(b) That they are the correct size.
(c) That they are clean at all times.
(d) That they look uniform to everyone else's shoes.
2. How does Wooden handle his players when they've done something well or correctly?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He has the team applaud for them.
(c) He tells their parents.
(d) He praises them.
3. How does Wooden feel punishment of players should be handled?
(a) On the court.
(b) In a room with the player's parents.
(c) In private.
(d) In public.
4. What shape does Wooden use to visually describe "success"?
(a) A triangle.
(b) A box.
(c) A pyramid.
(d) A hexagon.
5. Wooden feels that no matter what you're aiming to do, every person must be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wooden is critical of his players, he is critical because he feels how about them?
2. What two things doesn't Wooden suggest a coach use to lead his team?
3. What type of coach doesn't Wooden seem to like?
4. What advice does Wooden give on "following" others?
5. A willingness to work hard is termed by Wooden as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What block is at the center of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why?
2. Why does Wooden place a high importance on being a coach/teacher in terms of the coach-player relationship?
3. How do Wooden's beliefs regarding morality affect the way he's put his pyramid of success together?
4. How does Wooden end "Wooden"?
5. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
6. From where did Wooden get his ideas for his pyramid of success?
7. Wooden is not what he calls a "dictator style coach." In what ways does he differ from that type of coach?
8. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
9. Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln to illustrate which of the four blocks that are at the second level of his pyramid of success? Why?
10. When does Wooden say he knew it was time to retire from coaching at UCLA?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)