|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden defines "intentness" as what?
(c) Belief in something.
2. Wooden says "being fair" doesn't mean what?
(a) Everyone gets lots of money.
(b) Everyone is your friend.
(c) Everyone wins the game.
(d) Everyone is treated the same.
3. Wooden says being a coach is akin to being a what?
(a) Best friend.
4. For Wooden, success in a game is what?
(a) The only goal.
(b) Not the final score.
(c) Practically impossible to achieve.
(d) A money-making opportunity for a team and coach.
5. What two things doesn't Wooden suggest a coach use to lead his team?
(a) Fun and laughter.
(b) Violence and anger.
(c) Fear and disgust.
(d) Drama and denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden says that "team spirit" is something a person must be what?
2. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
3. At the top of Wooden's schematic are confidence and what?
4. Wooden teaches his players but he also does what?
5. Throughout his career, what percentage of Wooden's players received their diplomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three ways that Wooden makes sure his players are ready for "physiological warfare"?
2. How does Wooden discuss his retirement from coaching during Part 3 of "Wooden"?
3. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
4. What are the three priorities (in order of importance) Wooden feels every UCLA player should keep in mind?
5. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
6. What block is at the center of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why?
7. Why does Wooden feel that parents shouldn't necessarily be concerned that their children aren't getting high grades?
8. From where did Wooden get his ideas for his pyramid of success?
9. What are the two blocks that Wooden uses to introduce his image of a pyramid to his readers?
10. When it comes to winning championships, what two things does Wooden keep in mind?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)