|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooden try to do with his players' internal prides?
(a) Help them grow.
(b) Keep them intact.
(c) Get rid of them.
(d) Learn from them.
2. In Wooden's opinion, "[b]eing aware of the things that will influence your situation" is described as what?
3. What does Wooden say that team players have to feel about themselves?
(a) That they can go on to get tons of money.
(b) That they can join the NBA.
(c) That they can all be teachers.
(d) That they've accomplished something.
4. A willingness to work hard is termed by Wooden as what?
5. How much of a person's job does Wooden believe a person should be able to do?
(a) Most of it.
(b) All of it.
(c) At least a little of it.
(d) As much of it as he or she can.
Short Answer Questions
1. The way Wooden treats his players is similar to the way a man treats his what?
2. Aside from sharing a knowledge of the game, how does Wooden help his team win?
3. What is a UCLA player's first priority (according to Wooden)?
4. How does Wooden refer to his method of making sure his team is in better physical condition than their opponents?
5. What are the first "two blocks" (aka, the "base") of success that Wooden describes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What block is at the top of Wooden's pyramid of success? What does it mean?
2. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
3. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
4. What does Wooden stress about listening to what people say about you? What example does he give?
5. Why does Wooden feel that parents shouldn't necessarily be concerned that their children aren't getting high grades?
6. Why does Wooden place a high importance on being a coach/teacher in terms of the coach-player relationship?
7. What are three ways that Wooden shows he cares about his players?
8. What are the two blocks that Wooden uses to introduce his image of a pyramid to his readers?
9. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
10. What are three ways that Wooden makes sure his players are ready for "physiological warfare"?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)