|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The way Wooden treats his players is similar to the way a man treats his what?
2. Wooden describes knowing and being comfortable with yourself as what?
3. How does Wooden describe "self satisfaction"?
(a) Knowing that you're on the way to making lots of money.
(b) Knowing that you're going to be a good teacher someday.
(c) Knowing you've done the best you could to be the best you can be.
(d) Knowing that you're on your way to success.
4. At the top of Wooden's schematic are confidence and what?
5. How does Wooden think people should feel about the work they do?
(a) They should work without sleep or food.
(b) They should always be perfect.
(c) They should love their work.
(d) They should get through their work as quickly as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one element of Wooden's definition of success?
2. What does Wooden say about his wife, Nellie, at the end of "Wooden"?
3. Joshua Wooden and what other person are the influences on Wooden's physical representation of success?
4. Wooden says "being fair" doesn't mean what?
5. Wooden says being a coach is akin to being a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Wooden's beliefs regarding morality affect the way he's put his pyramid of success together?
2. What are three ways that Wooden makes sure his players are ready for "physiological warfare"?
3. How does Wooden end "Wooden"?
4. Where does winning come into place in Wooden's pyramid of success?
5. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
6. Despite the fact that Wooden doesn't like all his players, how does he treat them?
7. Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln to illustrate which of the four blocks that are at the second level of his pyramid of success? Why?
8. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
9. From where did Wooden get his ideas for his pyramid of success?
10. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)