|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooden say a coach has to do for his team?
(a) Earn tons of sponsorships.
(b) Convince them to work toward the same goal.
(c) Get them as much money as possible.
(d) Win every game.
2. How does Wooden feel about the spirit of the game of basketball?
(a) He thinks the spirit has changed dramatically.
(b) He thinks it's overrated.
(c) He feels like it's not as important as winning.
(d) He feels strongly about it.
3. What does Wooden say about "enthusiasm"?
(a) It is the act of enjoying what you are doing.
(b) It is the act of someone who isn't serious about his or her work.
(c) It is the act of winning.
(d) It is the act of being funny.
4. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
(a) Natural talent.
(b) Team spirit.
(c) A likable personality.
(d) Good parents.
5. What is at the center of Wooden's schematic of success?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wooden feel about players who get average grades?
2. For Wooden, success in a game is what?
3. Wooden has won many championships. What does he say about how that makes him feel?
4. Wooden defines "intentness" as what?
5. When things don't turn out as we want them to, Wooden suggests that we rely on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wooden describe his tactical knowledge when it comes to basketball?
2. What does "being fair" mean to Wooden when it comes to being a leader?
3. From where did Wooden get his ideas for his pyramid of success?
4. What does Wooden say about coaches that win through violence and anger?
5. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
6. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
7. What three blocks are located between the first two blocks that Wooden describes when defining his pyramid of success? What do all five blocks make up?
8. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
9. What block is at the center of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why?
10. What are three ways that Wooden shows he cares about his players?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)