|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooden say that team players have to feel about themselves?
(a) That they can go on to get tons of money.
(b) That they can all be teachers.
(c) That they've accomplished something.
(d) That they can join the NBA.
2. What shape does Wooden use to visually describe "success"?
(a) A box.
(b) A hexagon.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A pyramid.
3. What advice does Wooden give on "following" others?
(a) A person should follow only those who have money.
(b) A person should be careful about who he follows.
(c) A person should never follow someone else.
(d) A person should be willing to follow anyone who will lead.
4. The way Wooden treats his players is similar to the way a man treats his what?
5. For Wooden (in terms of his success schematic), skill goes hand in hand with what?
(a) Good parents.
(b) Team spirit.
(c) Natural talent.
(d) A likable personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the top of Wooden's schematic are confidence and what?
2. Three elements that strongly influenced Wooden's ideas on success are his faith, ideas on morality, and what?
3. How does Wooden handle his players' weaknesses?
4. Wooden has won many championships. What does he say about how that makes him feel?
5. What does Wooden try to do with his players' internal prides?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wooden end "Wooden"?
2. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
3. How does Wooden discuss his retirement from coaching during Part 3 of "Wooden"?
4. Why does Wooden place a high importance on being a coach/teacher in terms of the coach-player relationship?
5. Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln to illustrate which of the four blocks that are at the second level of his pyramid of success? Why?
6. When does Wooden say he knew it was time to retire from coaching at UCLA?
7. What are the three priorities (in order of importance) Wooden feels every UCLA player should keep in mind?
8. Where does winning come into place in Wooden's pyramid of success?
9. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
10. Why does Wooden feel that parents shouldn't necessarily be concerned that their children aren't getting high grades?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)