|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden says his parents worked without what?
(b) An education.
2. Wooden feels the goal to reach perfection is what?
(a) Not important.
(d) Somewhat important.
3. Wooden believes every person who wants to succeed must be willing to pay what?
(a) The piper.
(b) The price.
(c) On time.
(d) The bills.
4. What does it mean when an athlete gets an endorsement offer?
(a) The athlete is asked to support a product or service.
(b) The athlete is asked to join a new team.
(c) The athlete is asked to become a coach.
(d) The athlete is asked to resign from the sport.
5. Wooden believes that the goals in life are the same as the goals in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. For Wooden, the final score is not as important as ...
2. Wooden believes many people know what they want but they aren't willing to what?
3. What does Wooden think of people trying to achieve goals that will or could harm themselves?
4. Why does John and Nellie Wooden's marriage end?
5. Who does Wooden think are kids' greatest teachers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special bond does Wooden share with his father?
2. Why does Wooden disagree with the Webster's dictionary term for success?
3. Why doesn't Wooden become a basketball player himself?
4. What does Wooden think happens to a person who becomes "infected" by success?
5. How does Wooden use poetry in Part 2 of "Wooden" to show he loves his father?
6. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
7. How does Wooden use poetry throughout "Wooden"?
8. Why does Wooden think working toward a goal should be a first concern for someone who wants to be successful?
9. Why do Wooden's brothers all become teachers?
10. What is the basic focus of the beginning of the book "Wooden"?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)