|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wooden believe had a better definition of success than the one in Webster's dictionary?
(b) His father.
(c) One of his students.
(d) His wife.
2. What role does Wooden feel the media has played in teams' winning and losing?
(a) He thinks that the media has finally struck a nice balance in their coverage.
(b) He believes that the media doesn't talk enough about the losers.
(c) He thinks the media has made it harder to be a "loser."
(d) He thinks the media highlights winners just enough.
3. How does Wooden feel about "pressure" when it comes to coaching a team?
(a) He finds it to be valuable.
(b) He finds it to be a sign of failure.
(c) He finds it difficult to deal with.
(d) He doesn't remark about pressure.
4. Wooden makes a connection between getting a gold medal (i.e., in the Olympics) and getting what?
5. What does Wooden want from his father?
(a) His father's inheritance.
(b) His father's Bible.
(c) His father's intelligence.
(d) His father's approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden believes every person who wants to succeed must be willing to pay what?
2. The poems Wooden adds to "Wooden" achieve what goal?
3. Not all of Wooden's players become what?
4. Wooden states that many of his players were never given what?
5. Wooden feels that a person should never do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Wooden become a basketball player himself?
2. For Wooden, "success" isn't defined by money or fame. How is it described?
3. Why does Wooden believe that hopes and dreams are not enough to succeed?
4. How does Wooden approach each day?
5. How does Wooden describe his parents?
6. For whom does Wooden show great respect during Part 1 of "Wooden"?
7. Describe how Wooden feels about the concept of "role models"?
8. What does Wooden think will happen if a person's goals are impossible to attain?
9. How does Wooden feel about athletes taking money for endorsements?
10. Why does Wooden run his basketball team like he runs his household?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)