|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooden quote throughout "Wooden"?
(a) His wife's ideas.
(b) His teachers' thoughts.
(c) Bible verses.
2. Who helps John Wooden write "Wooden"?
(a) Joshua Wooden.
(b) Nellie Wooden.
(c) Kareem Abdul-Jabar.
(d) Steve Jamison.
3. When Wooden talks about a player thinking more about the team than about himself, Wooden illustrates the idea of what?
(a) Peer pressure.
4. Wooden seems to have a lot of respect for whom?
(a) All these answers are correct.
(b) His mentors.
(c) His players.
(d) His family.
5. Wooden isn't paid large amounts of money to do what?
(a) Write his book.
(c) Become a sportscaster.
(d) Be on a Wheaties cereal box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wooden believe gives you a greater sense of achievement once it's been faced?
2. Wooden says what about the thought of himself dying?
3. Wooden states that many of his players were never given what?
4. Wooden has several brothers. What profession do they all choose?
5. What does Wooden want from his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic focus of the beginning of the book "Wooden"?
2. How does Wooden's father's "teaching" personality carry over into his sons?
3. Wooden uses Abraham Lincoln to illustrate which of the four blocks that are at the second level of his pyramid of success? Why?
4. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
5. How does Wooden describe his parents?
6. Why does Wooden think working toward a goal should be a first concern for someone who wants to be successful?
7. What are the two blocks that Wooden uses to introduce his image of a pyramid to his readers?
8. How does Wooden compare the Special Olympics to the regular Olympics?
9. Why does Wooden disagree with the Webster's dictionary term for success?
10. What block is at the center of Wooden's pyramid of success? Why?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)