|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden makes a connection between getting a gold medal (i.e., in the Olympics) and getting what?
2. Where was Wooden born?
(a) Hall, Indiana.
(b) Martinsville, Indiana.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) New York City, New York.
3. Wooden believes everyone should constantly put forth what each day?
(a) Extra effort.
4. Wooden believes that to achieve success, a person must have what?
(a) Hopes and dreams.
(b) Insight and education.
(c) Love and war.
(d) Family and friends.
5. Wooden has several brothers. What profession do they all choose?
(a) They all became doctors.
(b) They all became accountants.
(c) They all became lawyers.
(d) They all became teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of things would Wooden never do?
2. Why does John and Nellie Wooden's marriage end?
3. Wooden believes that if people try to be the best they can be, they will achieve what?
4. What does Wooden believe is greater than failure?
5. How does Wooden describe the way his parents worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wooden feel about athletes taking money for endorsements?
2. Why does Wooden believe you shouldn't compare yourself to someone else?
3. What special bond does Wooden share with his father?
4. How does Wooden approach each day?
5. What is the basic focus of the beginning of the book "Wooden"?
6. What does Wooden think will happen if a person's goals are impossible to attain?
7. How does Wooden feel about the players who didn't become famous as opposed to the ones who did become famous?
8. Describe how Wooden feels about the concept of "role models"?
9. Wooden believes that the media has made winning different. Why?
10. Wooden's primary love is not basketball. What is it?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)