|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of things would Wooden never do?
(a) Anything immoral or illegal.
(b) Anything that isn't UCLA related.
(c) Anything that doesn't make money.
(d) Anything that involves poetry.
2. Wooden seems to have a lot of respect for whom?
(a) His players.
(b) All these answers are correct.
(c) His family.
(d) His mentors.
3. How does Wooden want his players and kids to think of him?
(a) He wants them to fear him.
(b) He wants them to devote time to doing what he wants them to do.
(c) He wants them to think he's a hero.
(d) He wants them to please him.
4. Who does Wooden believe had a better definition of success than the one in Webster's dictionary?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) One of his students.
5. Wooden often uses what his father taught him while he was growing up to help whom?
(a) His family.
(b) His players.
(d) All of these answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wooden feel about "pressure" when it comes to coaching a team?
2. Wooden believes that if people try to be the best they can be, they will achieve what?
3. How does Wooden feel about his players who went on to do something else than become professional ball players?
4. Wooden makes a distinction between passion and what emotion?
5. What does Wooden say his father read to the family regularly?
Short Essay Questions
1. For Wooden, "success" isn't defined by money or fame. How is it described?
2. What is Wooden's caution when it comes to finding your "bliss"?
3. Why does Wooden want his players to want to please him rather than wanting them to be afraid of disappointing him?
4. Describe John and Nellie Wooden's marriage.
5. How does Wooden approach each day?
6. Why does Wooden run his basketball team like he runs his household?
7. How does Wooden describe his parents?
8. Wooden believes that the media has made winning different. Why?
9. What does Wooden think happens to a person who becomes "infected" by success?
10. What is the basic focus of the beginning of the book "Wooden"?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)