|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Part 2 of "Wooden," Wooden talks about the contributions of whom?
(a) His mentors.
(b) His parents.
(c) His many players over the years.
(d) His wife and children.
2. How does Wooden feel about his family?
(a) He gets annoyed with them easily.
(b) He feels sad when he thinks about them.
(c) He doesn't talk much about them.
(d) He loves them very much.
3. Not all of Wooden's players become what?
4. From watching whom did Wooden learn about life?
(a) His wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His grade school teachers.
5. What does Wooden quote throughout "Wooden"?
(a) His wife's ideas.
(c) Bible verses.
(d) His teachers' thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Wooden born?
2. What does Wooden say will create success in any person's life?
3. Wooden says he wanted his relationship with his players to be the same as the relationship he experienced with whom?
4. When Wooden loses Nellie, he finds what?
5. Wooden believes that to achieve success, a person must have what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John and Nellie Wooden's marriage.
2. Describe Wooden's philosophy of "perfection."
3. How does Wooden describe his parents?
4. What is Wooden's caution when it comes to finding your "bliss"?
5. What does Wooden believe can happen if a person focuses too much on success?
6. Wooden's primary love is not basketball. What is it?
7. Why does Wooden believe you shouldn't compare yourself to someone else?
8. Why does Wooden want his players to want to please him rather than wanting them to be afraid of disappointing him?
9. Why doesn't Wooden become a basketball player himself?
10. How does Wooden compare the Special Olympics to the regular Olympics?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)