|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooden feel could happen if you attain a goal for which you haven't fully prepared?
(a) You'll pay for it later in life.
(b) You'll be seen as lucky.
(c) You'll feel even better about it.
(d) It will be worth less to you.
2. How long were John and Nellie Wooden married?
(a) About 8 years.
(b) Less than 50 years.
(c) More than 50 years.
(d) Less than 5 years.
3. Wooden says he ran his basketball team like he ran his what?
4. What year was Wooden born?
5. How many times has Wooden been married?
(b) Three times.
(d) Eight times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden describes his marriage how?
2. When does Wooden feel that success can be dangerous?
3. Wooden believes everyone should constantly put forth what each day?
4. Wooden says he wanted his relationship with his players to be the same as the relationship he experienced with whom?
5. What does Wooden call himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wooden's father's "teaching" personality carry over into his sons?
2. How does Wooden use poetry throughout "Wooden"?
3. How does Wooden use poetry in Part 2 of "Wooden" to show he loves his father?
4. What special bond does Wooden share with his father?
5. What does Wooden think will happen if a person's goals are impossible to attain?
6. Why does Wooden call himself a "realistic optimist"?
7. For whom does Wooden show great respect during Part 1 of "Wooden"?
8. Describe Wooden's philosophy of "perfection."
9. How does Wooden compare the Special Olympics to the regular Olympics?
10. Why does Wooden want his players to want to please him rather than wanting them to be afraid of disappointing him?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)