|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wooden quote throughout "Wooden"?
(a) His teachers' thoughts.
(b) Bible verses.
(d) His wife's ideas.
2. Where does Wooden feel personal glory comes into play when it comes to being on a team?
(a) He feels it shouldn't be part of a team at all.
(b) He doesn't voice an opinion on the subject.
(c) He feels it should come first.
(d) He feels it should come second.
3. Wooden becomes a teacher instead of doing what?
(a) Going to college.
(c) Becoming a lawyer.
(d) Playing ball.
4. How long were John and Nellie Wooden married?
(a) More than 50 years.
(b) Less than 50 years.
(c) Less than 5 years.
(d) About 8 years.
5. What year was Wooden born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden's talk about an American president suggests that Wooden has studied what subject?
2. What types of things would Wooden never do?
3. What Webster's dictionary word definition does Wooden disagree with?
4. Wooden isn't paid large amounts of money to do what?
5. How does Wooden feel about "pressure" when it comes to coaching a team?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wooden describe his parents?
2. For whom does Wooden show great respect during Part 1 of "Wooden"?
3. For Wooden, "success" isn't defined by money or fame. How is it described?
4. How does Wooden feel about athletes taking money for endorsements?
5. What does Wooden think happens to a person who becomes "infected" by success?
6. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
7. For Wooden, personal glory comes second to what?
8. How does Wooden use poetry in Part 2 of "Wooden" to show he loves his father?
9. Wooden's primary love is not basketball. What is it?
10. Describe how Wooden feels about the concept of "role models"?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)