Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden feels that people can never reach what state?
2. What does Wooden think of people trying to achieve goals that will or could harm themselves?
(a) He thinks it's the sign of a successful player.
(b) He is for it.
(c) He is against it.
(d) He feels it's a part of life.
3. Wooden states that many of his players were never given what?
(a) A good review from sports journalists.
(b) The ball during the game.
(c) Proper recognition.
(d) A break from reporters.
4. Wooden thinks that accepting money for endorsements could potentially be what?
5. Wooden says what about the thought of himself dying?
(a) He's fascinated by the thought.
(b) He's not ready to die.
(c) He's worried on Judgment Day.
(d) He's not afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Webster's dictionary word definition does Wooden disagree with?
2. Wooden makes a distinction between passion and what emotion?
3. Wooden describes his marriage how?
4. Where was Wooden born?
5. What does Wooden say will create success in any person's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wooden use poetry in Part 2 of "Wooden" to show he loves his father?
2. Why does Wooden think working toward a goal should be a first concern for someone who wants to be successful?
3. Aside from the center block on Wooden's pyramid of success, what other blocks are in the middle row?
4. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
5. Why does Wooden want his players to want to please him rather than wanting them to be afraid of disappointing him?
6. What are the four blocks that are at the second level of Wooden's pyramid of success?
7. How does Wooden feel about the players who didn't become famous as opposed to the ones who did become famous?
8. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
9. How does Wooden's father's "teaching" personality carry over into his sons?
10. Why does Wooden disagree with the Webster's dictionary term for success?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)