|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden feels that the 16th president's life represents one of what?
2. Why does John and Nellie Wooden's marriage end?
(a) John died.
(b) John left Nellie.
(c) They were divorced.
(d) Nellie died.
3. Wooden wants people to struggle to do what?
(a) Become athletes.
(b) Believe in themselves.
(c) Marry their childhood sweethearts.
(d) Do better every day.
4. What does Wooden believe is greater than failure?
5. Wooden believes that to achieve success, a person must have what?
(a) Love and war.
(b) Insight and education.
(c) Family and friends.
(d) Hopes and dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Wooden born?
2. From watching whom did Wooden learn about life?
3. When Wooden loses Nellie, he finds what?
4. Wooden says what about the thought of himself dying?
5. How many times has Wooden been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
2. For Wooden, personal glory comes second to what?
3. Why does Wooden believe you shouldn't compare yourself to someone else?
4. What does Wooden think happens to a person who becomes "infected" by success?
5. Why do Wooden's brothers all become teachers?
6. Why does Wooden disagree with the Webster's dictionary term for success?
7. For Wooden, "success" isn't defined by money or fame. How is it described?
8. How does Wooden approach each day?
9. How does Wooden use poetry in Part 2 of "Wooden" to show he loves his father?
10. How does Wooden's father's "teaching" personality carry over into his sons?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)