|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Wooden feel personal glory comes into play when it comes to being on a team?
(a) He doesn't voice an opinion on the subject.
(b) He feels it should come first.
(c) He feels it shouldn't be part of a team at all.
(d) He feels it should come second.
2. What family member does Wooden talk the most about during Part 1 of "Wooden"?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. Wooden's talk about an American president suggests that Wooden has studied what subject?
4. Wooden thinks that people should follow their what?
5. Wooden says his parents worked without what?
(d) An education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wooden quote throughout "Wooden"?
2. Wooden says what about the thought of himself dying?
3. Wooden becomes a teacher instead of doing what?
4. Wooden believes many people know what they want but they aren't willing to what?
5. How long were John and Nellie Wooden married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wooden want his players to want to please him rather than wanting them to be afraid of disappointing him?
2. Why does Wooden believe that hopes and dreams are not enough to succeed?
3. Describe John and Nellie Wooden's marriage.
4. Describe Wooden's philosophy of "perfection."
5. What does Wooden believe can happen if a person focuses too much on success?
6. For Wooden, personal glory comes second to what?
7. For whom does Wooden show great respect during Part 1 of "Wooden"?
8. What is the basic focus of the beginning of the book "Wooden"?
9. How does Wooden compare the Special Olympics to the regular Olympics?
10. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)