|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden believes many people know what they want but they aren't willing to what?
(a) Tell others what they want.
(b) Do what it takes.
(c) Talk about their dreams.
(d) Spend money on mentors.
2. From watching whom did Wooden learn about life?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His parents.
(d) His grade school teachers.
3. Who does Wooden believe had a better definition of success than the one in Webster's dictionary?
(a) His father.
(b) One of his students.
(c) His wife.
4. What does Wooden say his father read to the family regularly?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The sports section.
(d) The comics.
5. What does Wooden believe is greater than failure?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden thinks a person's goals should be difficult to achieve but not what?
2. Wooden believes everyone should constantly put forth what each day?
3. What does it mean when an athlete gets an endorsement offer?
4. Wooden describes his marriage how?
5. Wooden loves what sport, though it isn't the prime drive of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wooden think will happen if a person's goals are impossible to attain?
2. How does Wooden compare the Special Olympics to the regular Olympics?
3. Why does Wooden call himself a "realistic optimist"?
4. Why does Wooden think working toward a goal should be a first concern for someone who wants to be successful?
5. Why doesn't Wooden become a basketball player himself?
6. For Wooden, personal glory comes second to what?
7. How does Wooden feel about the players who didn't become famous as opposed to the ones who did become famous?
8. Why does Wooden believe that hopes and dreams are not enough to succeed?
9. Why does Wooden make his team members have the same hair cut and uniform?
10. How does Wooden describe his parents?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)