|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden believes many people know what they want but they aren't willing to what?
(a) Do what it takes.
(b) Spend money on mentors.
(c) Talk about their dreams.
(d) Tell others what they want.
2. Wooden makes a distinction between passion and what emotion?
3. Wooden believes that the goals in life are the same as the goals in what?
4. When Wooden discusses players who have been on his various teams, he is giving them what?
(a) Recognition for their achievements even though no one knows them.
(b) A chance to be part of history.
(c) A piece of his mind, especially for those he didn't like.
(d) A chance to write their own books now that he has given them a lead-in.
5. Where does Wooden feel personal glory comes into play when it comes to being on a team?
(a) He feels it shouldn't be part of a team at all.
(b) He feels it should come second.
(c) He feels it should come first.
(d) He doesn't voice an opinion on the subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden seems to have a lot of respect for whom?
2. Wooden says he ran his basketball team like he ran his what?
3. Wooden states that many of his players were never given what?
4. What does Wooden call himself?
5. What does Wooden believe gives you a greater sense of achievement once it's been faced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wooden think will happen if a person's goals are impossible to attain?
2. Describe John and Nellie Wooden's marriage.
3. Why doesn't Wooden believe that a leader should motivate with fear of discipline?
4. What blocks are at the next-to-the-top location on Wooden's pyramid of success?
5. When does Wooden say he knew it was time to retire from coaching at UCLA?
6. For Wooden, "success" isn't defined by money or fame. How is it described?
7. What is the basic focus of the beginning of the book "Wooden"?
8. How does Wooden use poetry in Part 2 of "Wooden" to show he loves his father?
9. What are three ways that Wooden shows he cares about his players?
10. Despite the fact that Wooden doesn't like all his players, how does he treat them?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)