|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wooden believes that to achieve success, a person must have what?
(a) Hopes and dreams.
(b) Love and war.
(c) Family and friends.
(d) Insight and education.
2. Wooden states that many of his players were never given what?
(a) A break from reporters.
(b) A good review from sports journalists.
(c) The ball during the game.
(d) Proper recognition.
3. What does Wooden think will happen if a person has goals that he or she cannot reach?
(a) It will make the person work harder to prove everyone wrong.
(b) The goals will actually be reached because nothing is really impossible.
(c) The person won't think there is any use in trying to reach them.
(d) The person will become an inspiration to all those around him/her.
4. What kind of haircut does Wooden make his UCLA players wear?
(a) Long hair.
(c) Short hair.
(d) Shaved head.
5. What does Wooden believe gives you a greater sense of achievement once it's been faced?
(a) A worthy opponent.
(d) Broken limbs.
6. Wooden feels that the 16th president's life represents one of what?
7. How does Wooden describe the way his parents worked?
(a) He says they worked quickly.
(b) He says they worked too much.
(c) He says they worked hard.
(d) He says they didn't work enough.
8. How does Wooden feel about his family?
(a) He gets annoyed with them easily.
(b) He loves them very much.
(c) He doesn't talk much about them.
(d) He feels sad when he thinks about them.
9. How does Wooden feel about his players who went on to do something else than become professional ball players?
(a) He is just as proud of them as he is of his other players.
(b) He thinks much less of them than he does of his other players.
(c) He thinks they didn't try as hard as his other players.
(d) He wishes they had been able to achieve more and feels sorry for them.
10. Wooden says his parents worked without what?
(a) An education.
11. Why does John and Nellie Wooden's marriage end?
(a) John died.
(b) John left Nellie.
(c) They were divorced.
(d) Nellie died.
12. Wooden feels that people can never reach what state?
13. What year was Wooden born?
14. Wooden suggests that people shouldn't focus on their what?
(b) Bank accounts.
15. What does Wooden want from his father?
(a) His father's Bible.
(b) His father's intelligence.
(c) His father's inheritance.
(d) His father's approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wooden believe will happen if you don't work as hard as you can toward a life goal?
2. What does Wooden say his father read to the family regularly?
3. Wooden believes that if people try to be the best they can be, they will achieve what?
4. Wooden believes that working toward a goal (aka, the "destination") should be what?
5. Wooden wants people to struggle to do what?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)