|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wooden loses Nellie, he finds what?
(d) A new beginning.
2. What president does Wooden admire?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George Washington.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
3. What kind of character does Wooden suggest people should always have?
(a) A pessimistic one.
(b) A positive one.
(c) A prudent one.
(d) A pragmatic one.
4. Wooden suggests that people shouldn't work twice as hard tomorrow to make up for what?
(b) The past.
(c) Your dreams.
5. What does Wooden say about the Olympics?
(a) He says it's the highest honor an athlete can receive.
(b) He feels it's not as "honest" as the Special Olympics.
(c) He tries to go to the Olympics every four years.
(d) He wishes he could have gone to the Olympics.
6. Wooden seems to have a lot of respect for whom?
(a) All these answers are correct.
(b) His players.
(c) His mentors.
(d) His family.
7. When Wooden talks about a player thinking more about the team than about himself, Wooden illustrates the idea of what?
(d) Peer pressure.
8. Wooden says you should feel what emotion when you give something your all?
9. What does Wooden feel could happen if you attain a goal for which you haven't fully prepared?
(a) It will be worth less to you.
(b) You'll be seen as lucky.
(c) You'll feel even better about it.
(d) You'll pay for it later in life.
10. Wooden believes that in order to be successful, you do not have to have what?
(a) Material possessions.
(b) Stocks and bonds.
(c) Lots of free time.
(d) A big family.
11. Throughout Part 2 of "Wooden," Wooden continues to emphasize his love for whom?
(a) His team.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
12. Wooden's talk about an American president suggests that Wooden has studied what subject?
13. Wooden believes that to achieve success, a person must have what?
(a) Family and friends.
(b) Hopes and dreams.
(c) Love and war.
(d) Insight and education.
14. What Webster's dictionary word definition does Wooden disagree with?
(a) The one for success.
(b) The one for coaching.
(c) The one for failure.
(d) The one for teaching.
15. Wooden suggests that people shouldn't focus on their what?
(d) Bank accounts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wooden feels that a person should never do what?
2. Wooden's father tells him to see each day as what?
3. How does Wooden want his players and kids to think of him?
4. Wooden says what about the thought of himself dying?
5. Wooden believes that if people try to be the best they can be, they will achieve what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)