|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Part 2 of "Wooden," Wooden talks about the contributions of whom?
(a) His mentors.
(b) His parents.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) His many players over the years.
2. What family member does Wooden talk the most about during Part 1 of "Wooden"?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. How does Wooden want his players and kids to think of him?
(a) He wants them to fear him.
(b) He wants them to please him.
(c) He wants them to devote time to doing what he wants them to do.
(d) He wants them to think he's a hero.
4. Wooden's talk about an American president suggests that Wooden has studied what subject?
5. When Wooden talks about a player thinking more about the team than about himself, Wooden illustrates the idea of what?
(d) Peer pressure.
6. How does Wooden describe the way his parents worked?
(a) He says they worked hard.
(b) He says they didn't work enough.
(c) He says they worked quickly.
(d) He says they worked too much.
7. Wooden says his parents worked without what?
(b) An education.
8. Where does Wooden feel personal glory comes into play when it comes to being on a team?
(a) He doesn't voice an opinion on the subject.
(b) He feels it shouldn't be part of a team at all.
(c) He feels it should come second.
(d) He feels it should come first.
9. Wooden feels that people can never reach what state?
10. Wooden states that many of his players were never given what?
(a) Proper recognition.
(b) A break from reporters.
(c) A good review from sports journalists.
(d) The ball during the game.
11. What kind of haircut does Wooden make his UCLA players wear?
(a) Short hair.
(b) Long hair.
(d) Shaved head.
12. What role does Wooden feel the media has played in teams' winning and losing?
(a) He believes that the media doesn't talk enough about the losers.
(b) He thinks the media has made it harder to be a "loser."
(c) He thinks that the media has finally struck a nice balance in their coverage.
(d) He thinks the media highlights winners just enough.
13. How does Wooden feel about his family?
(a) He loves them very much.
(b) He doesn't talk much about them.
(c) He gets annoyed with them easily.
(d) He feels sad when he thinks about them.
14. What does Wooden say most people are "whether they know it or not"?
(a) A role model.
(b) A failure.
(c) A hero.
(d) A genius.
15. Wooden thinks that people should follow their what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which people in Wooden's life influence his decisions?
2. Wooden makes a distinction between passion and what emotion?
3. What does Wooden want from his father?
4. Wooden says what about the thought of himself dying?
5. What does Wooden believe will come if you try anything?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)