Essay Topic 1
In "Wooden," Wooden uses many different anecdotes to prove his points. Choose one of those anecdotes and answer the following questions about it:
1. What is the anecdote?
2. What theory/idea does the anecdote support?
3. How do you know this anecdote is being used in this manner? (In other words, what clues can you get from the text?)
Essay Topic 2
Poetry is used throughout "Wooden." Explore the ways in which poetry assists the reader in any two of the following areas:
1. Understanding Wooden's father.
2. Understanding Wooden's relationship with his wife, Nellie.
3. Understanding Wooden's coaching/teaching principles.
4. Understanding the way Wooden raises his family.
5. Understanding Wooden's pyramid of success.
Essay Topic 3
Wooden's father (as well as his father's influence) appears directly and indirectly throughout the course of the book. Write down how Wooden's father influenced Wooden in any three of the following areas:
1. Wooden's philosophy of coaching/teaching...
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)