|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dorothy and the other travelers have to cross at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) A ditch
(b) A chasm
(c) A river
(d) A small man
2. What prevents Dorothy from reaching safety?
(a) Uncle Henry doesn't tell her about the storm
(b) The Wicked Witch
(c) She is sleeping
(d) Toto hides under the bed
3. Where do Dorothy and her relatives live?
(c) South Dakota
4. Who is the small woman dressed in a brilliant white dress?
(a) The Witch of the South
(b) Mary Sue
(c) The Witch of the North
5. What do the travelers need to have over their eyes as they enter the city?
(b) Magical protection
(c) Green glasses
6. Who did the Scarecrow effectively fool?
7. The Wizard decides to meet the travelers _______ at a time.
8. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
(a) She doesn't like Oz
(b) There's no place like home
(c) She misses her friends
(d) Her aunt and uncle are great people
9. Which people are characterized by their blue attire?
(a) Winged Monkeys
(b) China miniatures
10. What color is used to describe Dorothy's home?
11. Who does Dorothy first encounter as she is heading out on her journey?
(a) The witch
(b) The Lion
(c) The Tin Woodman
(d) The Scarecrow
12. What does Dorothy do to protect Toto?
(a) Uses her magic shoes
(b) Runs inbetween
(c) Slaps the lion on the nose
(d) Asks for the Tin Woodman's ax
13. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
(a) A young woman
(c) A big head
(d) A small old man
14. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
(a) A Coward
(b) A strong animal
(c) A reckless being
(d) A bad lion
15. What finally works in capturing the travelers?
(a) A spell
(b) An incantation
(c) A field of poppies
(d) The Golden Cap
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid of these sounds?
2. What would the Scarecrow like most in the world?
3. While Dorothy is amazed by Oz, what does she want?
4. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
5. Toto is Dorothy's _________.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)