|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Dorothy and the Scarecrow to the woodchopper?
(a) A feeling
(b) A bird
(c) A groan
(d) A sign
2. Where do the travelers walk after they cross the river?
(a) Through a land of china
(b) Through an empty field
(c) Through the woods
(d) Through a dense field of poppies
3. What does the witch watch the travelers with?
(a) A pool of water
(b) Her magic eye
(c) A spy
(d) A mirror
4. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
(a) Brains, heart
(b) Heart, nerves
(c) Brains, wits
(d) Nerves, patience
5. What does the yellow brick road lead the travelers to?
(a) A field
(b) A new house
(c) A place to eat
(d) A large ditch
6. How many rooms does the home have?
7. Toto is Dorothy's _________.
8. What does the Tin Woodman kill?
(a) A lion
(b) A wildcat
(c) A mouse
(d) A bear
9. What does Dorothy NOT prepare or put on in preparation for her trip?
(a) The silver shoes
(b) A clean dress
(c) A basket of food
(d) A necklace
10. Who told Scarecrow that if he had brains he would be just as good as a man?
(a) The farmer
(b) An old crow
(c) A witch
(d) A stranger
11. Who did the Scarecrow effectively fool?
12. What does the Scarecrow ask all the mice to do?
(b) Build a boat
(c) Bring pieces of string
(d) Find some cheese
13. What will lead Dorothy in her quest?
(a) A map
(b) A yellow brick road
(d) A Munchkin
14. What would the Woodman like more than anything else?
(a) A sign
(b) A brain
(c) A heart
15. Where does the yellow brick road lead Dorothy and the Scarecrow?
(a) To a dirt road
(b) To a dark forest
(c) To the witch's palace
(d) To a bright path
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dorothy done to receive thanks upon arriving in Oz?
2. What does the Tin Woodman spare?
3. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy to keep and to wear?
4. What is the answer to #83 designed to do?
5. What do the travelers hear as they journey through the forest?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)