|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Scarecrow want the answer to #31?
(a) To learn things
(b) To be braver
(c) To find love
(d) To sing better
2. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, he wonders why anyone would want to go back to such a ____________.
(a) Gray place
(b) Boring town
(c) Exciting family
(d) Dull life
3. What does the storm do to the house?
(a) Lifts it off the foundation
(b) Destroys it and everyone in it
(d) Shakes it a little without damaging it
4. What does Dorothy do to protect her house?
(b) Locks it up before she leaves
(c) She kisses it
(d) She gets a spell put on it
5. Where does the yellow brick road lead Dorothy and the Scarecrow?
(a) To a dark forest
(b) To a dirt road
(c) To the witch's palace
(d) To a bright path
6. Where do the travelers walk after they cross the river?
(a) Through the woods
(b) Through a dense field of poppies
(c) Through an empty field
(d) Through a land of china
7. What kind of home does Dorothy live in?
(a) A mansion
(b) A Tudor
(c) A shack
(d) A farmhouse
8. What is Dorothy's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle Louis
(b) Uncle Peter
(c) Uncle Henry
(d) Uncle Bob
9. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy for protection?
(a) A piece of gold
(b) A whistle
(c) A magic kiss
(d) A special hat
10. What do the Scarecrow and Dorothy share on their journey?
11. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy to keep and to wear?
(a) Wooden clogs
(b) Silver shoes
(c) Ruby slippers
(d) A necklace
12. What is so special about the animal that the Tin Woodman spares?
(a) It is the Wizard
(b) He is a magical creature
(c) She is the Queen of Mice
(d) She is defenseless
13. Who did the Scarecrow effectively fool?
14. Who can swim against the current and tows the raft to shore?
(a) The Scarecrow
(c) The Tin Woodman
(d) The Lion
15. What does the witch watch the travelers with?
(a) A pool of water
(b) A mirror
(c) Her magic eye
(d) A spy
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dorothy and her relatives live?
2. What does the Scarecrow ask all the mice to do?
3. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
4. Who is flustered when the travelers arrive at the City of Emeralds and demand to see the Wizard?
5. What color is used to describe Dorothy's home?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)