|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the Scarecrow like most in the world?
2. What is the answer to #83 designed to do?
(a) Get the travelers over another obstacle
(b) Rescue the travelers who feel asleep in the poppies
(c) Impress the Wizard
(d) Help the witch
3. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
(a) Brains, heart
(b) Heart, nerves
(c) Brains, wits
(d) Nerves, patience
4. Who does the small cottage belong to?
(a) A stranger
(b) The Tin Woodman
(c) An evil old man
(d) A princess
5. Who devises the plan to cross an obstacle?
(a) Tin Woodman
6. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, he wonders why anyone would want to go back to such a ____________.
(a) Dull life
(b) Gray place
(c) Exciting family
(d) Boring town
7. What do the travelers hear as they journey through the forest?
(a) Growls of wild animals
8. What is the Scarecrow afraid of?
(a) A lighted match
(b) A mouse
(c) Any loud noises
9. What prevents Dorothy from reaching safety?
(a) Toto hides under the bed
(b) The Wicked Witch
(c) She is sleeping
(d) Uncle Henry doesn't tell her about the storm
10. What does the witch send first to thwart the travelers?
(b) 40 wolves
(c) 40 crows
(d) 40 monkeys
11. The land the travelers is in has changed colors. What is the color in this chapter?
12. What is Dorothy's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle Bob
(b) Uncle Louis
(c) Uncle Peter
(d) Uncle Henry
13. How many rooms does the home have?
14. What does Dorothy do to protect her house?
(a) She kisses it
(c) Locks it up before she leaves
(d) She gets a spell put on it
15. Where is the group of travelers now going?
(a) To the Emerald City
(b) To the witch's palace
(c) To a field to sleep
(d) To find another cabin
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills the witch?
2. Who is afraid of these sounds?
3. Where was Dorothy supposed to go when the tornado hit?
4. These new people have the heads of tigers and the bodies of _________.
5. How long was the Woodman standing in the woods as Dorothy and Scarecrow found him?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)