|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
(a) A bad lion
(b) A Coward
(c) A strong animal
(d) A reckless being
2. What has Dorothy done to receive thanks upon arriving in Oz?
(a) Talked nicely to the people she meets
(b) Killed the Wicked Witch of the Easy
(c) Given away her extra food
(d) Created the yellow brick road
3. Which people are characterized by their blue attire?
(a) Winged Monkeys
(b) China miniatures
4. Where does the yellow brick road lead Dorothy and the Scarecrow?
(a) To a dark forest
(b) To a dirt road
(c) To a bright path
(d) To the witch's palace
5. Why do the Scarecrow and Dorothy decide to go into the forest?
(a) Because they are excited to see the trees
(b) Because Glinda told them to
(c) Because it is the only way to Oz
(d) Because Toto seems okay with it
6. Who is the small woman dressed in a brilliant white dress?
(a) The Witch of the North
(c) The Witch of the South
(d) Mary Sue
7. What is the traveler's mission in order to get Dorothy home?
(a) Find the Golden Box
(b) Kill the Winged Monkeys
(c) Kill the Wicked Witch of the East
(d) Kill the Wicked Witch of the West
8. The Scarecrow says he has seen _________ in his short life.
(a) Too many things
(b) A lot
(c) Too much
9. What do the mice build?
(a) A house
(b) A net
(c) A platform with wheels
(d) A blanket
10. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Ask for a heart
(b) Travel with a dog
(c) Enter the city
(d) Come into his presence
11. How long was the Woodman standing in the woods as Dorothy and Scarecrow found him?
(a) A year
(b) An hour
(c) A month
(d) A day
12. What happens near the center of the river?
(a) They spin around
(b) The current becomes too strong, carrying them away
(c) They get sucked under water
(d) They get stuck
13. What does the Tin Woodman kill?
(a) A mouse
(b) A lion
(c) A wildcat
(d) A bear
14. Who will Scarecrow ask for the answer to #31?
(b) The Great Wizard
(d) The Good Witch
15. Who does the witch attempt to starve, though unsuccessfully?
(c) The Lion
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Woodman's heart was taken away, so was his ____________.
2. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
3. Where must Dorothy go to learn how to get back home?
4. What does Dorothy NOT prepare or put on in preparation for her trip?
5. What does the witch watch the travelers with?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)