|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Come into his presence
(b) Ask for a heart
(c) Travel with a dog
(d) Enter the city
2. Where was Dorothy supposed to go when the tornado hit?
(a) The basement
(b) The barn
(d) The storm cellar
3. Who makes Dorothy laugh?
(a) Her uncle
(b) Her aunt
(d) The Scarecrow
4. What does Dorothy do to protect Toto?
(a) Asks for the Tin Woodman's ax
(b) Slaps the lion on the nose
(c) Uses her magic shoes
(d) Runs inbetween
5. How many rooms does the home have?
6. Toto is Dorothy's _________.
7. What can be seen from underneath the house?
(a) A small tree
(b) A treasure
(c) The witch's feet
(d) A large hole
8. Who attempts to steer the boat and ends up getting stuck on a pole?
(a) The Scarecrow
(b) Tin Woodman
9. What does the storm do to the house?
(a) Destroys it and everyone in it
(c) Shakes it a little without damaging it
(d) Lifts it off the foundation
10. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
(a) Nerves, patience
(b) Brains, heart
(c) Brains, wits
(d) Heart, nerves
11. What are these answers to #89 designed to protect the wearer from?
(a) The sun
(b) The splendor of the city
(c) The heat
(d) The brilliance of the ground
12. What amazes Dorothy the most about Oz?
(a) How big it is
(b) How loud it is
(c) How clean it is
(d) How colorful it is
13. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
(b) A young woman
(c) A small old man
(d) A big head
14. These new people have the heads of tigers and the bodies of _________.
15. What does Dorothy do to relieve the woodchopper?
(a) Yells at him
(b) Brings water
(c) Pushes his arms and legs to get them moving
(d) Oils his rusted joints
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the small cottage belong to?
2. The Wizard decides to meet the travelers _______ at a time.
3. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
4. Who does the witch attempt to starve, though unsuccessfully?
5. What does the Wizard look like to the Scarecrow?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)