|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dorothy and her relatives live?
(a) South Dakota
2. Who helps the evil old woman with the answer to #54?
(b) The Wicked Witch of the East
(c) The Wicked Witch of the West
(d) A Winged monkey
3. Who helps the victim in #75?
4. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Ask for a heart
(b) Come into his presence
(c) Travel with a dog
(d) Enter the city
5. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
6. Who is afraid of these sounds?
(a) The Tin Woodman and Scarecrow
(b) Dorothy and Toto
(c) Scarecrow and Toto
(d) The Tin Woodman and Toto
7. What kind of home does Dorothy live in?
(a) A shack
(b) A Tudor
(c) A farmhouse
(d) A mansion
8. What does Dorothy do to relieve the woodchopper?
(a) Oils his rusted joints
(b) Brings water
(c) Yells at him
(d) Pushes his arms and legs to get them moving
9. Who can jump this obstacle and will help the travelers cross?
(b) The Lion
(d) The Scarecrow
10. Who does Dorothy first encounter as she is heading out on her journey?
(a) The witch
(b) The Scarecrow
(c) The Lion
(d) The Tin Woodman
11. What can be seen from underneath the house?
(a) A large hole
(b) A treasure
(c) The witch's feet
(d) A small tree
12. The Scarecrow says he has seen _________ in his short life.
(b) Too many things
(c) A lot
(d) Too much
13. Who does Dorothy agree with in the debate mentioned in #57?
14. Who does the small cottage belong to?
(a) An evil old man
(b) A stranger
(c) The Tin Woodman
(d) A princess
15. What does the witch send first to thwart the travelers?
(a) 40 monkeys
(b) 40 crows
(c) 40 wolves
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woodchopper made of?
2. What are these answers to #89 designed to protect the wearer from?
3. What does the Tin Woodman kill?
4. What does the storm do to the house?
5. What is Dorothy's uncle's name?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)