|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills the witch?
(a) A rogue monkey
(b) The Tin Woodman
(c) A bucket of water
(d) A spell
2. Where does Dorothy spend her first night in Oz?
(a) Her house
(c) The home of a wealthy Munchkin
(d) A friendly innkeeper's
3. How many rooms does the home have?
4. Who is flustered when the travelers arrive at the City of Emeralds and demand to see the Wizard?
(b) The gatekeeper
(c) The Wizard
5. Where is the group of travelers now going?
(a) To the witch's palace
(b) To the Emerald City
(c) To a field to sleep
(d) To find another cabin
6. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy for protection?
(a) A special hat
(b) A whistle
(c) A magic kiss
(d) A piece of gold
7. What amazes Dorothy the most about Oz?
(a) How loud it is
(b) How colorful it is
(c) How clean it is
(d) How big it is
8. What is Dorothy's aunt's name?
(a) Aunt Rosalie
(b) Aunt Em
(c) Aunt Marge
(d) Aunt Anne
9. What is Dorothy given to wear when she meets the Wizard?
(a) Yellow earrings
(b) A green silk gown
(c) Blue shoes
(d) A red dress
10. When does Dorothy meet up with Scarecrow?
(a) A week from the time she started
(b) The first day
(c) The second day
(d) The fourth day
11. What would the Woodman like more than anything else?
(a) A brain
(c) A sign
(d) A heart
12. What does the Scarecrow assure the answer to #87 their requests are?
13. Who will Scarecrow ask for the answer to #31?
(c) The Great Wizard
(d) The Good Witch
14. Why is the Woodman made out of the answer to #50?
(a) His parents were too
(b) He wanted to be
(c) He doesn't know
(d) He was cursed
15. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
(a) Nerves, patience
(b) Brains, heart
(c) Heart, nerves
(d) Brains, wits
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers need to have over their eyes as they enter the city?
2. Who told Scarecrow that if he had brains he would be just as good as a man?
3. What finally works in capturing the travelers?
4. When the Woodman's heart was taken away, so was his ____________.
5. Why does the Scarecrow want the answer to #31?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)