|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dorothy supposed to go when the tornado hit?
(a) The barn
(b) The storm cellar
(c) The basement
2. What does Dorothy do to relieve the woodchopper?
(a) Oils his rusted joints
(b) Yells at him
(c) Pushes his arms and legs to get them moving
(d) Brings water
3. What would the Scarecrow like most in the world?
4. What is so special about the animal that the Tin Woodman spares?
(a) She is the Queen of Mice
(b) It is the Wizard
(c) She is defenseless
(d) He is a magical creature
5. Who helps the evil old woman with the answer to #54?
(a) A Winged monkey
(b) The Wicked Witch of the East
(c) The Wicked Witch of the West
6. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
(a) A Coward
(b) A strong animal
(c) A reckless being
(d) A bad lion
7. Scarecrow doesn't mind being made of straw because be never gets hurt and he never gets ________.
8. Who did the (answer to #50) Woodman fall in love with?
(a) A Munchkin girl
(b) A human
(c) A lioness
(d) A witch
9. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Enter the city
(b) Come into his presence
(c) Travel with a dog
(d) Ask for a heart
10. What can be seen from underneath the house?
(a) A large hole
(b) A small tree
(c) A treasure
(d) The witch's feet
11. Where do Dorothy and her relatives live?
(a) South Dakota
12. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy for protection?
(a) A whistle
(b) A piece of gold
(c) A magic kiss
(d) A special hat
13. What does the yellow brick road lead the travelers to?
(a) A place to eat
(b) A large ditch
(c) A field
(d) A new house
14. What finally works in capturing the travelers?
(a) A field of poppies
(b) An incantation
(c) A spell
(d) The Golden Cap
15. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
(a) Her aunt and uncle are great people
(b) She misses her friends
(c) There's no place like home
(d) She doesn't like Oz
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Scarecrow made?
2. What is Dorothy's aunt's name?
3. What is the answer to #83 designed to do?
4. While Dorothy is amazed by Oz, what does she want?
5. When does Dorothy meet up with Scarecrow?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)