|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which people are characterized by their blue attire?
(b) China miniatures
(d) Winged Monkeys
2. What finally works in capturing the travelers?
(a) An incantation
(b) A spell
(c) The Golden Cap
(d) A field of poppies
3. What does the Wizard look like to the Scarecrow?
(a) A crow
(b) A lovely green fairy lady
(c) A rock
(d) A big head
4. Why is the Woodman made out of the answer to #50?
(a) He was cursed
(b) His parents were too
(c) He wanted to be
(d) He doesn't know
5. What would the Woodman like more than anything else?
(b) A heart
(c) A sign
(d) A brain
6. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
(a) There's no place like home
(b) She doesn't like Oz
(c) She misses her friends
(d) Her aunt and uncle are great people
7. The land the travelers is in has changed colors. What is the color in this chapter?
8. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
(a) A bad lion
(b) A strong animal
(c) A reckless being
(d) A Coward
9. Where do Scarecrow and Dorothy spend the night?
(a) In Oz
(b) In a small cabin
(d) At the palace
10. What is the answer to #83 designed to do?
(a) Help the witch
(b) Impress the Wizard
(c) Get the travelers over another obstacle
(d) Rescue the travelers who feel asleep in the poppies
11. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
(a) Brains, heart
(b) Brains, wits
(c) Heart, nerves
(d) Nerves, patience
12. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
(a) A barn
(b) A pole
(c) A tree
(d) A river
13. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, he wonders why anyone would want to go back to such a ____________.
(a) Gray place
(b) Exciting family
(c) Boring town
(d) Dull life
14. Who attempts to steer the boat and ends up getting stuck on a pole?
(b) Tin Woodman
(c) The Scarecrow
15. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Come into his presence
(b) Travel with a dog
(c) Ask for a heart
(d) Enter the city
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the small woman dressed in a brilliant white dress?
2. What is Dorothy's uncle's name?
3. Who can jump this obstacle and will help the travelers cross?
4. What has Dorothy done to receive thanks upon arriving in Oz?
5. When does Dorothy meet up with Scarecrow?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)