|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dorothy done to receive thanks upon arriving in Oz?
(a) Given away her extra food
(b) Talked nicely to the people she meets
(c) Created the yellow brick road
(d) Killed the Wicked Witch of the Easy
2. What do Dorothy and the other travelers have to cross at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) A chasm
(b) A river
(c) A ditch
(d) A small man
3. Who is afraid of these sounds?
(a) The Tin Woodman and Toto
(b) Dorothy and Toto
(c) Scarecrow and Toto
(d) The Tin Woodman and Scarecrow
4. Who helps the evil old woman with the answer to #54?
(b) A Winged monkey
(c) The Wicked Witch of the East
(d) The Wicked Witch of the West
5. Who does Dorothy agree with in the debate mentioned in #57?
6. The Wizard decides to meet the travelers _______ at a time.
7. What do the mice build?
(a) A blanket
(b) A net
(c) A platform with wheels
(d) A house
8. What does the Witch of the North give Dorothy to keep and to wear?
(a) A necklace
(b) Wooden clogs
(c) Ruby slippers
(d) Silver shoes
9. While Dorothy is amazed by Oz, what does she want?
(a) To go home
(b) To leave for the City of Emeralds
(c) To eat
(d) To clean up her home
10. Who cuts down the tree to create a bridge?
(a) The Lion
(b) The Tin Woodman
(d) The Scarecrow
11. What amazes Dorothy the most about Oz?
(a) How loud it is
(b) How colorful it is
(c) How clean it is
(d) How big it is
12. How many times can the owner of the Golden Cap call on the monkeys?
13. Where was the Scarecrow placed?
(a) In the pens with the animals
(b) Outside the front door
(c) In a barn
(d) In a field
14. What does the witch's hat turn into?
(a) A flower
(b) A slate
(c) A picture of the Wizard
(d) A map
15. Why do the Scarecrow and Dorothy decide to go into the forest?
(a) Because it is the only way to Oz
(b) Because Glinda told them to
(c) Because they are excited to see the trees
(d) Because Toto seems okay with it
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens near the center of the river?
2. What would the Woodman like more than anything else?
3. Who makes Dorothy laugh?
4. What does the Wizard look like to the Tin Woodman?
5. What is Dorothy given to wear when she meets the Wizard?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)