|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Scarecrow and Dorothy decide to go into the forest?
(a) Because Toto seems okay with it
(b) Because they are excited to see the trees
(c) Because Glinda told them to
(d) Because it is the only way to Oz
2. Where does the storm drop Dorothy?
(a) In Nebraska
(b) In field
(c) The Land of Oz
(d) The Emerald City
3. Toto is Dorothy's _________.
4. What can be seen from underneath the house?
(a) A large hole
(b) The witch's feet
(c) A small tree
(d) A treasure
5. These new people have the heads of tigers and the bodies of _________.
6. What happens near the center of the river?
(a) They get stuck
(b) They spin around
(c) The current becomes too strong, carrying them away
(d) They get sucked under water
7. What jumps out at the Scarecrow and sends the Scarecrow flying?
(a) A lion
(b) A tree
(c) The wind
(d) A witch
8. What does Toto do to provoke the answer to #63?
(b) Bites him
(c) Dances around
(d) Barks at the lion
9. What do the mice build?
(a) A house
(b) A platform with wheels
(c) A blanket
(d) A net
10. What kills the witch?
(a) A spell
(b) The Tin Woodman
(c) A bucket of water
(d) A rogue monkey
11. Why is the Woodman made out of the answer to #50?
(a) He wanted to be
(b) He doesn't know
(c) His parents were too
(d) He was cursed
12. What does the witch's hat turn into?
(a) A map
(b) A slate
(c) A picture of the Wizard
(d) A flower
13. Who does the witch attempt to starve, though unsuccessfully?
(a) The Lion
14. What do the Scarecrow and Dorothy share on their journey?
15. How many times can the owner of the Golden Cap call on the monkeys?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so special about the animal that the Tin Woodman spares?
2. What are these answers to #89 designed to protect the wearer from?
3. Where does the yellow brick road lead Dorothy and the Scarecrow?
4. What color is used to describe Dorothy's home?
5. What people live on the other side of this obstacle?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)