|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the travelers walk after they cross the river?
(a) Through the woods
(b) Through an empty field
(c) Through a dense field of poppies
(d) Through a land of china
2. The land the travelers is in has changed colors. What is the color in this chapter?
3. The Scarecrow says he has seen _________ in his short life.
(a) A lot
(b) Too many things
(c) Too much
4. Who is flustered when the travelers arrive at the City of Emeralds and demand to see the Wizard?
(a) The gatekeeper
(d) The Wizard
5. What would the Scarecrow like most in the world?
6. What is Dorothy's aunt's name?
(a) Aunt Anne
(b) Aunt Em
(c) Aunt Marge
(d) Aunt Rosalie
7. Who does Dorothy first encounter as she is heading out on her journey?
(a) The Tin Woodman
(b) The Lion
(c) The witch
(d) The Scarecrow
8. Who can jump this obstacle and will help the travelers cross?
(a) The Lion
(b) The Scarecrow
9. How many times can the owner of the Golden Cap call on the monkeys?
10. When Dorothy tells the Scarecrow about Kansas, he wonders why anyone would want to go back to such a ____________.
(a) Gray place
(b) Dull life
(c) Exciting family
(d) Boring town
11. What are these answers to #89 designed to protect the wearer from?
(a) The brilliance of the ground
(b) The heat
(c) The splendor of the city
(d) The sun
12. Where does Dorothy spend her first night in Oz?
(a) A friendly innkeeper's
(c) The home of a wealthy Munchkin
(d) Her house
13. What is so special about the animal that the Tin Woodman spares?
(a) She is the Queen of Mice
(b) It is the Wizard
(c) He is a magical creature
(d) She is defenseless
14. What is the woodchopper made of?
15. Why does the Scarecrow want the answer to #31?
(a) To sing better
(b) To be braver
(c) To find love
(d) To learn things
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wizard look like to the Tin Woodman?
2. What jumps out at the Scarecrow and sends the Scarecrow flying?
3. How long was the Woodman standing in the woods as Dorothy and Scarecrow found him?
4. When Dorothy protects Toto from the lion, what does the Lion admit to being?
5. These new people have the heads of tigers and the bodies of _________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)