|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothy NOT prepare or put on in preparation for her trip?
(a) A basket of food
(b) A clean dress
(c) A necklace
(d) The silver shoes
2. Where does Dorothy spend her first night in Oz?
(a) A friendly innkeeper's
(b) Her house
(c) The home of a wealthy Munchkin
3. What does the witch send first to thwart the travelers?
(a) 40 wolves
(b) 40 monkeys
(c) 40 crows
4. Who is afraid of these sounds?
(a) The Tin Woodman and Toto
(b) Dorothy and Toto
(c) The Tin Woodman and Scarecrow
(d) Scarecrow and Toto
5. What leads Dorothy and the Scarecrow to the woodchopper?
(a) A groan
(b) A feeling
(c) A sign
(d) A bird
6. What does the witch watch the travelers with?
(a) A pool of water
(b) A spy
(c) A mirror
(d) Her magic eye
7. What does Toto do to provoke the answer to #63?
(b) Bites him
(c) Barks at the lion
(d) Dances around
8. What jumps out at the Scarecrow and sends the Scarecrow flying?
(a) A tree
(b) A witch
(c) The wind
(d) A lion
9. What is Dorothy's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle Bob
(b) Uncle Louis
(c) Uncle Henry
(d) Uncle Peter
10. Who can swim against the current and tows the raft to shore?
(a) The Tin Woodman
(c) The Scarecrow
(d) The Lion
11. Where must Dorothy go to learn how to get back home?
(a) To the City of Emeralds
(b) To the Wicked Witch's home
(c) The dark forest
(d) To the Tin Woodman
12. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
(a) Heart, nerves
(b) Brains, heart
(c) Nerves, patience
(d) Brains, wits
13. How many rooms does the home have?
14. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
(a) A barn
(b) A river
(c) A pole
(d) A tree
15. Who devises the plan to cross an obstacle?
(c) Tin Woodman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wizard appear like to Dorothy?
2. Who will Scarecrow ask for the answer to #31?
3. What color is used to describe Dorothy's home?
4. Who cuts down the tree to create a bridge?
5. What does the Scarecrow assure the answer to #87 their requests are?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)