|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Wizard never let anyone do?
(a) Travel with a dog
(b) Enter the city
(c) Ask for a heart
(d) Come into his presence
2. In which direction do the travelers walk?
3. While Dorothy is amazed by Oz, what does she want?
(a) To clean up her home
(b) To eat
(c) To leave for the City of Emeralds
(d) To go home
4. What happens near the center of the river?
(a) They get stuck
(b) The current becomes too strong, carrying them away
(c) They get sucked under water
(d) They spin around
5. The Scarecrow and Woodman have a debate about whether ________ or __________ is more important.
(a) Brains, wits
(b) Heart, nerves
(c) Nerves, patience
(d) Brains, heart
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Dorothy help the Scarecrow get down from?
2. Who runs into the crowd, causing Dorothy to miss the takeoff?
3. What does Dorothy do to relieve the woodchopper?
4. Where do Scarecrow and Dorothy spend the night?
5. What does Dorothy tell Scarecrow about Kansas?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)