|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complex creature did Morris decide to focus on?
2. What did Whittington first think about Naraoia?
(a) It is the first trilobite.
(b) It is the cousin of Yohoia.
(c) It is a unique form of trilobite.
(d) It is the grandfather of Marella.
3. What did the dissenter believe should happen to Aysehaia?
(a) It should not exist.
(b) It should jump two classes.
(c) It should be retained in a known class.
(d) It should spread to the lower classes.
4. Why did Whittington's next classification pose a problem?
(a) Naraoia cannot be classified with an arthropod group.
(b) Yohoia cannot be classified with an arthropod group.
(c) Whittington loses his classification charts.
(d) His tools malfunction.
5. Which old category did the team focus on to classify Opabinia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What large crab with an enormous number of spines did Collins publish a monograph on in 1985?
2. What did Whittington's revisions of the new paradigm become?
3. What did 1971 through 1978 bring for Whittington?
4. Which team member has Gould largely ignored at this point?
5. What is the name of the small ribbon-shaped creation that is the first member known of the 'chordate' phylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Naraoia contribute to the Burgess Drama?
2. How can Odaraia be described?
3. Why wasn't the discovery of the Burgess Shale and its consequent new shift in perspective a gradual change?
4. What did Whittington originally think Naraoia was?
5. What must the next generation do with the Burgess Shale?
6. What did Sanctacaris look like?
7. How did Aysehaia contribute to the Burgess Drama?
8. What other monographs were published in 1981 concerning the Burgess Shale and by who?
9. What new species does the fourth act concentrate on?
10. What does Gould argue about the classification of the Canadaspis?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)