|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Whittington restrain Morris from doing?
(a) From underreaching.
(b) From holding on to hard to his lessons.
(c) From overreaching.
(d) From spinning out of control.
2. Why did Whittington's next classification pose a problem?
(a) His tools malfunction.
(b) Yohoia cannot be classified with an arthropod group.
(c) Naraoia cannot be classified with an arthropod group.
(d) Whittington loses his classification charts.
3. How did Naraoia help the Burgess Drama?
(a) By helping save it.
(b) By helping destroy it.
(c) By helping complete it.
(d) By helping summon it.
4. Which are the names of three rare arthropods in the Shale?
(a) Sartrocercus, Asheais, Actaeus.
(b) Acteria, Malaraia, Bulgara.
(c) Molaria, Actaeus, Sartrocercus.
(d) Molaria, Sartrocercus, Asheais.
5. When did prokaryotic cells exist?
(a) At 6.7 billion years.
(b) At 3.7 billion years.
(c) At 3.5 billion years.
(d) At 3.5 million years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gould come to understand the Burgess Shale?
2. What do we not know about mass extinction?
3. What new view did Whittington now understand?
4. What did Morris publish while still in graduate school?
5. What is the name of the class of Burgess arthropods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David Burton's published monograph on Sidneyia an important milestone?
2. Why did the Burgess Shale drama become a denouement by 1978?
3. What new species does the fourth act concentrate on?
4. Why did classifying Naraoia pose a problem for Whittington?
5. What is uniquely special about the discovery of Sanctacaris?
6. What new view did Whittington hold after working on Naraoia?
7. How did Naraoia contribute to the Burgess Drama?
8. What must the next generation do with the Burgess Shale?
9. Why does Gould deplore the prevention of Des Collins excavation of Walcot's quarry?
10. How did Aysehaia contribute to the Burgess Drama?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)