|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remainder of Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was America's "greatest paleontologist and scientific administrator"?
(a) Charles Walmont.
(b) Dr. Doolittle.
(c) Charles Doolittle Walcott.
(d) Charlie VanGuarden.
2. What did Act 3 explain?
(a) Idotixis is not an arthropod.
(b) Idotixis is an arthropod.
(c) Opabinia is an arthropod.
(d) Opabinia is not an arthropod.
3. What adjective describes how Whittington first felt when working on Naraoia?
4. What large crab with an enormous number of spines did Collins publish a monograph on in 1985?
5. How was Walcott's taxonomy significantly updated?
(a) Including new phyla and manera.
(b) Including new manera and genera.
(c) Including new genera and phyla.
(d) Including new marrella and phyla.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Naraoia lead Whittington to do?
2. How much of all marine life died during the greatest extinction in history?
3. Why is the Burgess Shale such an amazing find?
4. What was Whittington's first monograph about?
5. How does Walcott group the Burgess arthropods among the arthropod phylum?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)