|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Burgess Drama, Act 2. A New View Takes Hold: Homage to Opabinia, 1975.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Whittington later note that he labored under?
(a) The two Ps: polyanimate and precursor.
(b) The two Bs: barren and barinal.
(c) The two Ps: primitive and precursor.
(d) The two Ds: decimation and destruction.
2. Who was America's "greatest paleontologist and scientific administrator"?
(a) Charlie VanGuarden.
(b) Charles Walmont.
(c) Charles Doolittle Walcott.
(d) Dr. Doolittle.
3. Which genus was Whittington focused on classifying in Chapter Three?
4. When did Whittington begin studying Opabinia?
5. How many levels are there in the taxonomy of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Whittington approach Yohoia?
2. What is the Burgess Shale composed of?
3. What does the Burgess Shale represent that occurred 570 million years ago?
4. What cost comes with accepting Gould's picture of human evolution?
5. In what year did Leif Størmer describe the Burgess Shale arthropods in a treatise?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)