|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Burgess Drama, Act 2. A New View Takes Hold: Homage to Opabinia, 1975.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many specimens of Opabinia are in the Burgess Shale?
2. What kind of drama does Gould wish to recount that led to rejecting Walcott's interpretation?
3. What kind of appendages did Yohoia have?
4. What did Whittington conclude about Yohoia in 1975?
(a) Yohoia does not fit anywhere.
(b) Yohoia is an unknown trilobite.
(c) Yohoia is in multiple systems.
(d) Yohoia is a known arthropod.
5. According to Gould, what kind of insight does the Burgess Shale offer into the nature of life and the evolution of life forms?
(a) Distasteful insight.
(b) Normal insight.
(c) Unique insight.
(d) Weird insight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Yohoia specialized for?
2. What does Gould strain to emphasize for his audience?
3. Of Whittington's team, who was more methodologically conservative?
4. Who newly interpreted the Burgess animals in 1971?
5. When did Whittington publish a monograph on Yohoia?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)