|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Background for the Burgess Shale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Stephen Jay Gould draw from how the Burgess Shale was first interpreted?
(a) Conservative and biological lessons.
(b) Methodological and philosophical lessons.
(c) Religious and traditional lessons.
(d) Medieval and historical lessons.
2. What compose eras?
(a) Times and Seasons.
(b) Advents and Periods.
(d) Epochs and Ages.
3. What comprises the first 4 billion years of Earth's history?
(a) The Prestige Era.
(b) The Precambrian Era.
(c) The Mesozoic Era.
(d) The Cambrian Era.
4. The Burgess fauna follow the beginning of what era?
(a) Paleozoic Era.
(b) Mesozoic Era.
(c) Maleozoic Era.
(d) Pezozoic Era.
5. Where is the Burgess Shale?
(a) The Canadian Rockies.
(b) Mt. Everest.
(d) The Appalachian Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of all marine life died during the greatest extinction in history?
2. What kind of paradigm does Gould believe has not been communicated to the public?
3. What does the Burgess Shale represent that occurred 570 million years ago?
4. In Gould's perspective, what historical understanding does the Burgess shale offer humanity?
5. In what fashion was the Burgess Shale actually discovered?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)