|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Walcott's Vision and the Nature of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the old story have Walcott miraculously stumble upon the Burgess Shale?
(a) After his son stumbled upon it.
(b) After his wife's horse tripped and fell onto it.
(c) After his pistol whipped the dust.
(d) Before his son fell onto the Shale.
2. What types did Whittingdon use to classify the new species?
(a) Mollusk types.
(b) Cilial types.
(c) Arthropod types.
(d) Regenerative types.
3. What did Whittington's revisions of the new paradigm become?
(a) A research paradigm.
(b) A cultural paradigm.
(c) A statistical paradigm.
(d) A religious paradigm.
4. When did Whittington begin studying Opabinia?
5. What make up periods?
(c) Advents and Periods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marrella and Yohoia still appear to be?
2. In what year did Leif Størmer describe the Burgess Shale arthropods in a treatise?
3. Who proposes to use the Burgess Shale to illustrate the nature of history?
4. Where did Collins find another dig site?
5. What happened from 1971 through 1978 that changed everything?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)