|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Walcott's Vision and the Nature of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened from 1971 through 1978 that changed everything?
(b) Years of scientific debate.
(c) Sporadic leaps in clarity.
(d) Two months of pondering.
2. What does the 'grab bag' provided by the Burgess Shale consist of?
(a) Corpuscles and carapaces.
(b) Cartilage and fossils.
(c) Appendages and tissues.
(d) Appendages and anatomical forms.
3. Which old category did the team focus on to classify Opabinia?
4. Why is the Burgess Shale such an amazing find?
(a) It contains hard-bodied creatures.
(b) It contains five thousand creatures.
(c) It contains no creatures.
(d) It contains soft-bodied creatures.
5. In what year did Leif Størmer describe the Burgess Shale arthropods in a treatise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of picture do scientists have of multi-cellular animal life because of the Burgess Shale?
2. What kind of development were the Burgess animals first interpreted to have?
3. What does Gould represent the original interpretation as?
4. What was Whittington armed with that helped him review the claim that Opabinia was an arthropod?
5. When did many species of hominid exist?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)