|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Walcott's Vision and the Nature of History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Oxford advisers not spend much of their time on, according to Gould?
(a) Students' work.
(b) Paleontologists' work.
(c) Parents' work.
(d) Philosophers' work.
2. When does the old story have Walcott miraculously stumble upon the Burgess Shale?
(a) After his son stumbled upon it.
(b) After his pistol whipped the dust.
(c) Before his son fell onto the Shale.
(d) After his wife's horse tripped and fell onto it.
3. What is the Burgess Shale composed of?
4. When did prokaryotic cells exist?
(a) At 3.5 million years.
(b) At 3.5 billion years.
(c) At 3.7 billion years.
(d) At 6.7 billion years.
5. What kind of appendages did Yohoia have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leanchoilia have that makes it look bizarre?
2. What type of evidence concerning Opabinia is considered to be decisive?
3. What does Act 4 do?
4. What did Whittington conclude about Yohoia in 1975?
5. When did Whittington publish a monograph on Yohoia?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)