|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Burgess Drama, Act I. Marrella and Yohoia: The Dawning and Consolidation of Suspicion, 1971-1974.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which creatures are representative of these four classes that survived the first great extinction?
(a) Dragonfly, a fossil eurypterid, a crab and a trilobite
(b) Eurypterid, mollusk, sea cucumbers.
(c) Snails, crabs and dragonflies.
(d) Dragonfly, crabs, and trilobites.
2. Where is the Burgess Shale?
(a) The Appalachian Mountains.
(b) The Canadian Rockies.
(c) Mt. Everest.
3. How did the Burgess Shale's mysteries become apparent?
(a) An explanation of theory.
(b) A discovery of a chemical.
(c) A discovery of a fossil.
(d) A shift in mindset.
4. What was Yohoia specialized for?
(a) An environment.
(b) A kingdom.
(c) A habitat.
(d) A species.
5. When did Whittington publish a monograph on Yohoia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes to use the Burgess Shale to illustrate the nature of history?
2. In what fashion was the Burgess Shale actually discovered?
3. What is the Burgess Shale composed of?
4. Which fossils was Whittington an expert of?
5. Who was America's "greatest paleontologist and scientific administrator"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)