|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Burgess Drama, Act I. Marrella and Yohoia: The Dawning and Consolidation of Suspicion, 1971-1974.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould's new interpretation emphasize about human evolution?
(a) It has a single order.
(b) It has five orders.
(c) It has two orders.
(d) It has no single order.
2. What kind of appendages did Yohoia have?
3. What did Whittington do after assigning his students to work on some of the other genera?
(a) Ends work on Yohoia.
(b) Begins his monograph on Opabinia.
(c) Begins work on Yohoia.
(d) Finishes his monograph on Wiwaxia.
4. What was Whittington's first monograph about?
5. How many new arthropod designs does The Burgess Shale contain?
Short Answer Questions
1. After publishing his first monograph, which two graduate students did Whittington employ?
2. How did the Burgess Shale's mysteries become apparent?
3. What cost comes with accepting Gould's picture of human evolution?
4. What did the new methods Whittington and his team adopted help them do?
5. What types did Whittingdon use to classify the new species?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)