|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Burgess Drama, Act 4. Completion and Codiication of an Argument: Naraoia and Aysheaia, 1977-1978..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the "death of the dinosaurs" boundary make possible?
(a) The development of large mammals like humans.
(b) The development of large tortoises and sharks.
(c) The development of smaller mammals.
(d) The development of rodents.
2. What did Gould describe as characteristic of arthropods?
(a) Odd segmented trunk.
(b) Hard, body shell.
(c) Bodily appendages.
(d) Noodly proboscis.
3. How many new arthropod designs does The Burgess Shale contain?
4. Of Whittington's team, who was more methodologically conservative?
(a) Derek Briggs.
(c) Conway Morris.
(d) Simeon Martin.
5. What could Whittington not classify Marella with?
(a) Any known group of vertebrates.
(b) Any known group of arthropods.
(c) Any taxonomic genus.
(d) Any species or phyla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fossils was Whittington an expert of?
2. What happened after Whittington published his monograph on Naraoia?
3. How many levels are there in the taxonomy of life?
4. How did Naraoia help the Burgess Drama?
5. What types did Whittingdon use to classify the new species?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)