|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Miranda dye her hair at camp?
2. Who is the first to defend Jack and August when kids from another school threaten them?
3. How long ago did Justin trade his baroque violin for another instrument?
4. Who takes Miranda's place in the play?
5. What month does August flunk his audiology test?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does August describe his hearing once he gets his hearing aids?
2. What do the Pullman's name the puppy and why?
3. Why does Justin think he is going to have a rough six weeks in Part V?
4. Why does Miranda feel like it is awkward when she sees Via at high school?
5. What happens when Jack and August go into the woods when the bathrooms are full?
6. What does August's mom say when he asks her if he will always have to worry about jerks?
7. Why didn't Miranda call Via when she got home from camp?
8. Why did Miranda feel she was entitled to lie and say that August was her brother?
9. Why does August think the kids have quit playing the Plague game?
10. What changes and what doesn't after the trip to the nature reserve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some kids turn against Jack with Julian's urging. Who are Jack's true friends and why?
Essay Topic 2
Julian starts a war against Jack. What type of relationship have the two had?
Essay Topic 3
August compares himself to the North Pole. What happens that makes August compare himself to the North Pole?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)