|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the kids on the bus to get to the nature retreat?
2. How long after Miranda rescues August do his parents show up?
3. Who takes Miranda's place in the play?
4. What name do Jack and August use on the notes they write to Julian and his cronies?
5. The night before the nature retreat, what does August read before he falls asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to August at the end of the play?
2. Why does August think the kids have quit playing the Plague game?
3. What does Miranda miss most about Via's friendship?
4. In Part V, why do kids think they lost a week of rehearsal time for the school play?
5. Why did Mr. Davenport decide not to do the play "The Elephant Man"?
6. What types of tricks do Julian and his cronies play on Jack in February?
7. What happens when Jack and August go into the woods when the bathrooms are full?
8. Why does Justin think he'll be an overprotective dad one day?
9. What does Isabel mean when she says that like sees like?
10. What does Olivia do with a ladybug in Part V?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summer and August become friends. What type of relationship develops between Summer and August, and what is their relationship based upon?
Essay Topic 2
August's family, friends, schoolmates, and teachers/administrators think he is special. What makes August so special to these people and why doesn't he think he is special?
Essay Topic 3
August protests being made to get hearing aids. Why does August decide to accept the hearing aids?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)