|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what month are the girls getting sick of the war?
2. On the second day of the nature retreat, what do the kids do in the morning?
3. Where does Justin's dad live?
4. In Part V, what stuffed animal does Via put on her lap when she and Justin are in her room talking?
5. How long ago did Justin trade his baroque violin for another instrument?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does August think the kids have quit playing the Plague game?
2. What does August's mom say when he asks her if he will always have to worry about jerks?
3. Why does Justin think he is going to have a rough six weeks in Part V?
4. Who was Beulah?
5. What do the Pullman's name the puppy and why?
6. What does Olivia do with a ladybug in Part V?
7. Why did Miranda hate camp at first?
8. Why did Miranda feel she was entitled to lie and say that August was her brother?
9. Why hasn't Olivia told her parents about the school play?
10. What type of person is Miranda's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part V, Olivia doesn't want everyone in her high school to know about August. Why doesn't Olivia want everyone to know about her brother?
Essay Topic 2
August compares himself to the North Pole. What happens that makes August compare himself to the North Pole?
Essay Topic 3
Summer describes what she thinks happens after death. Why does Summer's view of an afterlife appeal to August?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)