|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Via's parents meet?
2. Why does Summer sit with August on the first day of school?
3. What Egyptian artifact is August assigned for a project?
4. What was the name of Jack's babysitter when he first saw August?
5. What fruit does August's mom cut for his school lunch for the second day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Summer give Savannah the next day for leaving the Halloween party early?
2. How does Via describe her family?
3. Why doesn't Via go home after the first day of school with Miranda and her mother?
4. What do August and Summer talk about during lunch on the first day of school?
5. What is the game that has been going on since the beginning of the year?
6. Why are all the boys ignoring Jack when school starts again in January?
7. Who is Savannah?
8. What two things does Julian share about himself the first day of school in homeroom?
9. What does August do for his birthday?
10. Why does Summer go to the bathroom and call her mom during the Halloween party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
August describes himself as extraordinary. Explain why August is an ordinary and an extraordinary kid.
Essay Topic 2
Summer describes what she thinks happens after death. Why does Summer's view of an afterlife appeal to August?
Essay Topic 3
August's relationship with the other students changes throughout the school year. What type of relationship does August have with most of the students by March?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)