|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Miles' dad pay for his sled?
2. Where did Jack first see August?
3. What fruit does August's mom cut for his school lunch for the second day of school?
4. In Part III, who call Summer a saint for hanging out with August?
5. Where do Jack and his brother go sledding with their dad when it snows for the first time that year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Summer give Savannah the next day for leaving the Halloween party early?
2. What does Via say is the best thing about high school?
3. Why does Summer go to the bathroom and call her mom during the Halloween party?
4. What is the game that has been going on since the beginning of the year?
5. How does August describe his face at bedtime after his first day at school?
6. What doesn't Summer love about this school year?
7. What is the first assignment Mr. Browne's gives the students?
8. What reactions does August get when he cuts off the braid on the back of his head?
9. Why are all the boys ignoring Jack when school starts again in January?
10. Why is the rest of September difficult for August?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack knew August before he met him at school. How did Jack meet August and why does that influence Jack to shepherd him around school?
Essay Topic 2
August compares himself to the North Pole. What happens that makes August compare himself to the North Pole?
Essay Topic 3
Justin threatens Julian and his cronies and tells them to leave Jack alone. Why does Justin stick up for Jack like that?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)