|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seconds do people think they have to wash their hands or find hand sanitizer if they touch August?
2. Where does Julian want to go sledding in Part IV?
3. How does Via describe how her dad looks in photos of her as a baby?
4. How old is the narrator in Part 1?
5. When does Via finish reading "War and Peace"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What doesn't Summer love about this school year?
2. Why doesn't Via go home after the first day of school with Miranda and her mother?
3. Who was Summer's father?
4. How does Jack get August back as his friend?
5. Where did the sled come from that Jack found and fixed up?
6. Where is Julian going for Christmas?
7. What are some things that Via and her grandmother did when Via stayed with Grans for four weeks?
8. What does Via say is the best thing about high school?
9. Is Jack's family rich?
10. Why is the rest of September difficult for August?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daisy is put to sleep in Part VI. How does her death affect the various members of the family?
Essay Topic 2
Summer makes a choice to sit with August. Why does Summer sit with August at first, and how do her motives for being with him change?
Essay Topic 3
Jack and August become friends. How did they become friends?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)