|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What used to be August's mother's occupation?
2. How old was August when he had his biggest surgeries?
3. Who is in the picture that Mrs. Garcia has on her bulletin board?
4. How long does Summer's mom say it will take her to come get Summer?
5. When was Jack friends with Julian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the game that has been going on since the beginning of the year?
2. Why does Jack hate science the most?
3. What reactions does August get when he cuts off the braid on the back of his head?
4. How does Jack get August back as his friend?
5. What is August thinking about when Ms. Petosa calls his name and asks him to share two things about himself?
6. How did Isabel react when her mother died?
7. Who was Summer's father?
8. According to the family, how did Via respond when August was brought home from the hospital?
9. Why doesn't Via go home after the first day of school with Miranda and her mother?
10. What does Via say is the best thing about high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack and August become friends. How did they become friends?
Essay Topic 2
Justin threatens Julian and his cronies and tells them to leave Jack alone. Why does Justin stick up for Jack like that?
Essay Topic 3
August compares himself to the North Pole. What happens that makes August compare himself to the North Pole?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)