|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the picture that Mrs. Garcia has on her bulletin board?
2. How does Via meet Eleanor again?
3. Where does Julian want to go sledding in Part IV?
4. What is Julian's name for August?
5. How many seconds do people think they have to wash their hands or find hand sanitizer if they touch August?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does August describe his face at bedtime after his first day at school?
2. Who is Savannah?
3. How did Isabel react when her mother died?
4. How does Via describe her family?
5. Why does Summer go to the bathroom and call her mom during the Halloween party?
6. What is the game that has been going on since the beginning of the year?
7. Where did the sled come from that Jack found and fixed up?
8. Is Jack's family rich?
9. What two things does Julian share about himself the first day of school in homeroom?
10. Why does Jack get suspended from school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summer makes a choice to sit with August. Why does Summer sit with August at first, and how do her motives for being with him change?
Essay Topic 2
Daisy is put to sleep in Part VI. How does her death affect the various members of the family?
Essay Topic 3
August compares himself to the North Pole. What happens that makes August compare himself to the North Pole?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)