|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julian's name for August?
2. How long does Summer's mom say it will take her to come get Summer?
3. When was Jack friends with Julian?
4. How old was Via when she went to stay with Grans for four weeks while August had his big jaw surgery?
5. In Part I, how long has it been since August had a surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the game that has been going on since the beginning of the year?
2. What reactions does August get when he cuts off the braid on the back of his head?
3. How does Savannah say that Summer can be a part of the popular group?
4. What project does August choose for the science project he and Jack have to do?
5. What is August thinking about when Ms. Petosa calls his name and asks him to share two things about himself?
6. Where is Julian going for Christmas?
7. Why doesn't Via go home after the first day of school with Miranda and her mother?
8. What doesn't Summer love about this school year?
9. Why is the rest of September difficult for August?
10. What does Via say is the best thing about high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summer and August become friends. What type of relationship develops between Summer and August, and what is their relationship based upon?
Essay Topic 2
August describes himself as extraordinary. Explain why August is an ordinary and an extraordinary kid.
Essay Topic 3
Jack and August become friends. How did they become friends?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)