|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julian want to go sledding in Part IV?
(a) High school.
(b) Golf course.
(c) Soccer field.
(d) Skeleton Hill.
2. How long has Via known Miranda and Ella?
(a) Since preschool.
(b) Since second grade.
(c) Since kindergarten.
(d) Since first grade.
3. What time does Mrs. Garcia get to school each morning?
4. What elementary school did Via attend?
(a) PS 41.
(b) PS 15.
(c) PS 34.
(d) PS 22.
5. How long did it take August to learn to keep his tongue inside his mouth?
(a) About 18 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) Several years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did doctors discover that there was something wrong with August's face?
2. How many kids are at the Halloween party that Summer attends?
3. Why does August take some getting used to when Summer eats lunch with him?
4. In Part 3, who wonders if Mr. Tushman asked Summer to be friends with August?
5. Where did Jack first see August?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack hate science the most?
2. How does Savannah say that Summer can be a part of the popular group?
3. Who was Summer's father?
4. What reactions does August get when he cuts off the braid on the back of his head?
5. How does Via describe her family?
6. Why are all the boys ignoring Jack when school starts again in January?
7. What is the first assignment Mr. Browne's gives the students?
8. According to the family, how did Via respond when August was brought home from the hospital?
9. Why is the rest of September difficult for August?
10. How does Via describe August's face?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)