|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jack first see August?
(a) Bouley Bakery.
(d) Ice cream shop.
2. When did Grans and Agosto move to Boston?
3. What does Jack name the sled that he finds in Part IV?
(b) Blue Streak.
(c) Screamin' Blaze.
4. How does Via meet Eleanor again?
(b) Smart-kids' table at lunch.
5. What Egyptian artifact is August assigned for a project?
(a) Step Pyramid.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Via stayed at Grans, what would Grans draw on the front sidewalk in chalk?
2. In Part I, how long does Mr. Tushman want the students to spend showing August around the school?
3. What is Jack's mother's name?
4. What elementary school did Via attend?
5. What play does Charlotte describe as they tour the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Summer hang out with August?
2. How does Jack get August back as his friend?
3. Where did the sled come from that Jack found and fixed up?
4. What do August and Summer talk about during lunch on the first day of school?
5. Is Jack's family rich?
6. What two things does Julian share about himself the first day of school in homeroom?
7. According to the family, how did Via respond when August was brought home from the hospital?
8. How did Isabel react when her mother died?
9. Why does Jack hate science the most?
10. Why is the rest of September difficult for August?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)