|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Miranda's hair when school starts?
2. When did Via's father's grandparents immigrate to the United States?
(b) Turn of the century.
(d) In the 1920s.
3. What do the two Maxes play with August?
(b) Dungeons & Dragons.
4. How does Via describe how her dad looks in photos of her as a baby?
(a) Crazy professor.
(b) Hipster dude.
(c) Surfer dude.
(d) Buttoned up exec.
5. With whom do August's parents consider fixing Summer's mother up on a blind date?
(a) August's uncle Ben.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) August's uncle Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Mrs. Garcia get to school each morning?
2. In Part IV, when does the first snow come?
3. How much older is Via than August?
4. What did Ms. Petosa do before she taught school?
5. When Via stayed at Grans, what would Grans draw on the front sidewalk in chalk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Julian going for Christmas?
2. What two things does Julian share about himself the first day of school in homeroom?
3. Why are all the boys ignoring Jack when school starts again in January?
4. What project does August choose for the science project he and Jack have to do?
5. What does August do for his birthday?
6. Why does Summer hang out with August?
7. What sorts of things has Via had to learn on her own?
8. Why does Summer go to the bathroom and call her mom during the Halloween party?
9. What excuse does Summer give Savannah the next day for leaving the Halloween party early?
10. What is the game that has been going on since the beginning of the year?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)