|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Grans and Agosto move to Boston?
2. What type of costume did Summer make for the Halloween Parade?
(c) Super heroine.
(d) Goth girl.
3. How much older is Via than August?
(a) 24 monthes.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 18 months.
4. Where were Via's father's family from?
(a) France and Holland.
(b) Russia and Poland.
5. When does Via finish reading "War and Peace"?
6. How old was August when he had his biggest surgeries?
(a) After he was 2.
(d) Before he was 4.
7. With whom do August's parents consider fixing Summer's mother up on a blind date?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A friend of the family.
(c) August's uncle Ben.
(d) August's uncle Andrew.
8. Who gave August an astronaut helmet when he was five or six?
9. Who used to have the sled that Jack found?
10. When Mr. Browne asks the students to write about something they did that was brave, what does Jack write about?
(a) Being August's friend.
(b) Putting out a fire.
(c) Saving his brother.
(d) Being afraid of the ocean.
11. How many surgeries has August had since he was born?
12. What does August's mom make for lunch for him on the second day of school?
(a) Tuna salad on rye.
(b) Chicken salad on rye.
(c) American cheese on whole wheat bread.
(d) Egg salad on whole wheat bread.
13. When did doctors discover that there was something wrong with August's face?
(a) When he was born.
(b) 3 weeks before he was born.
(c) 8 weeks before he was born.
(d) 2 months before he was born.
14. What elementary school did Via attend?
(a) PS 15.
(b) PS 34.
(c) PS 22.
(d) PS 41.
15. When did Via's father's grandparents immigrate to the United States?
(b) In the 1920s.
(d) Turn of the century.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Via known Miranda and Ella?
2. When was Jack friends with Julian?
3. Where did Christopher, August's best friend, move to?
4. Who is Ximena dating?
5. What do the two Maxes play with August?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)