• Although August does the same sort of ordinary things other 10-year-olds do, he is not an ordinary 10-year-old.
• He feels ordinary inside, but he knows that ordinary kids don't make other ordinary kids run away screaming in playgrounds, and they don't get stared at wherever they go.
• If August had a magic lamp and a wish, he would wish that he had a normal face, a face that no one noticed.
• He's gotten used to how he looks, and he knows how to pretend he doesn't see the faces people make.
• His parents are pretty good at ignoring the stares as well, but his sister Via is likely to yell at kids when they stare or make noises.
• August doesn't describe what he looks like; he knows whatever you're thinking, it is probably worse.
• After being home-schooled by his mom for his entire life, August is getting...
This section contains 3,673 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)