|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food has been prepared from Ciel's grandmother's recipe?
2. Where does Mattie invite Etta to go with her?
3. According to Etta, "All the good men are either dead or _______________________."
4. Which of the following is not necessarily part of a bouquet of a person's life?
5. What does Cora Lee believe to be the reason for her problems with caseworkers and other people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the prevalent themes in the book is making the best of the situations you get in life. Cite at least three examples that support this theme and explain why they do.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of Miss Eva in Mattie's life. How does she help Mattie both short and long term? How does she instinctively show Mattie how to be a loving support later in her life too?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Mattie and Etta. How are they different? How are they similar? What does each bring to the relationship that allows it to continue for so many years?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)