|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps to calm Lorraine down after the Brewster Place tenants' meeting?
2. Which of the following is not necessarily part of a bouquet of a person's life?
3. What does Kiswana realize about her mother's physical appearance?
4. What does Kiswana's mother think Kiswana is doing instead of looking for a job?
5. What object do the women pass around the table until someone throws it onto the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the irony in the friendship between Ben and Lorraine. Why is his death at her hand especially tragic and ironic?
Essay Topic 2
Even though Butch does not have noble intentions with Mattie, he is at least honest about it. Do you think this was appealing to Mattie? Is Butch very different from the other men in the story in this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
One of the prevalent themes in the book is baptism. Cite at least three examples that support this theme and explain why they do.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)