|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two women that the other women in Brewster Place are suspicious of?
2. What will happen to the women of Brewster Place?
3. Which of the following items does Theresa not throw at Sophie across the air shaft?
4. The music of which recording artist is the background for Etta's story?
5. What food has been prepared from Ciel's grandmother's recipe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author makes the following three points several times in the book related to what makes up a life: 1. What we have known; 2. The choices we have made; and 3. Whether or not we are capable of unconditional love. In your opinion, who best embodies these elements? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism of the sugar cane that Mattie sucks on during her afternoon with Butch. What possible meanings does the sugar cane have?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of song lyrics throughout the book. Cite at least five, noting the titles, artists and the pertinent meaning for the story line.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)