|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object do the women pass around the table until someone throws it onto the street?
(a) A stale loaf of bread
(b) An eviction notice
(c) A bloody brick
(d) A dirty hot dog
2. For how long has it been raining continuously?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Five days
(c) One week
(d) One month
3. Who helps to calm Lorraine down after the Brewster Place tenants' meeting?
(d) Cora Lee
4. What do unrealized dreams become for women?
(c) Bad karma
5. What is the state of Brewster Place?
(a) It has been turned into a rec center
(b) It has been bulldozed
(c) It still waits to die
(d) It is being remodeled
6. What does Kiswana's mother think Kiswana is doing instead of looking for a job?
7. What reminds Kiswana about her boyfriend's lovemaking?
(a) Her rumpled sheets
(b) Her toenail polish
(c) Her record albums
(d) Dirty wine glasses
8. Why is Kiswana's mother especially exasperated with her?
(a) She will not visit more often
(b) She does not have a phone
(c) She wil not go to school
(d) She is not married
9. Who is the one who helps Ciel recover from her grief?
10. What physical characteristic does Ben's daughter have?
(a) A hair lip
(b) A cauliflower ear
(c) A cleft palate
(d) A twisted foot
11. Which of the following is not necessarily part of a bouquet of a person's life?
(a) Position in the family
(b) A willingness to accept and give love
(c) The choices a person makes
(d) What a person has known
12. What food has been prepared from Ciel's grandmother's recipe?
(a) Strawberry cheesecake
(c) Chocolate cake
(d) Angel Food Cake
13. About what does Mattie lightly chide Cora Lee?
(a) Stop making babies
(b) Cutting her hair
(c) Taking voice lessons
(d) Learning to cook
14. Where does Kiswana take Cora Lee and her children?
(a) A Shakespeare play in the park
(d) An amusement park
15. Where does Ciel go after Serena's death?
(b) The funeral home
(c) The hospital
(d) Her mother's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie realize when she wakes up?
2. The music of which recording artist is the background for Etta's story?
3. How many children does Cora Lee have now in Brewster Place?
4. What does Kiswana's mother leave behind when she goes?
5. Mattie says that she has loved some women deeper than she has loved ________________.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)