|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lorraine the night she walks home from the party?
(a) She is gang raped
(b) She is shot
(c) She is robbed
(d) She is run over by a cab
2. What does Cora Lee believe to be the reason for her problems with caseworkers and other people?
(a) Her children not behaving
(b) Her neighbors being nosy
(c) Her parents abandoning her
(d) Her boyfriends always leaving
3. Where does Kiswana take Cora Lee and her children?
(b) An amusement park
(d) A Shakespeare play in the park
4. How many children does Cora Lee have now in Brewster Place?
5. Why does Theresa's cab speed away?
(a) He wants to beat rush hour traffic
(b) The driver is afraid of a riot
(c) He doesn't want his tires slashed
(d) He gets a better fare
6. What does Kiswana find Cora Lee's son, Sammy, doing?
(a) Playing with matches
(b) Playing in the street
(c) Eating out of the garbage cans
(d) Running with scissors
7. What do unrealized dreams become for women?
(c) Bad karma
8. What is Kiswana's birth name?
9. What does Mattie tell Etta that Etta needs?
(a) A good job
(b) A husband
(c) A bigger house
(d) A facelift
10. What food has been prepared from Ciel's grandmother's recipe?
(a) Chocolate cake
(c) Strawberry cheesecake
(d) Angel Food Cake
11. A line from a song in this chapter says, "______________ cries when a street dies."
(a) A woman
(b) A baby
(d) No one
12. Why does Kiswana's mother think Kiswana does not belong in Brewster Place?
(a) She is too young
(b) She will do drugs
(c) She is too smart
(d) She is not poor
13. Who is Ciel?
(a) Etta's sister
(b) The woman who lives with Eugene
(c) Ben's mother
(d) Mattie's daughter
14. Which of the following items does Theresa not throw at Sophie across the air shaft?
15. Who is the one who helps Ciel recover from her grief?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has it been raining continuously?
2. What prevents the people of Brewster Place from congregating at the wall to discuss Ben's death?
3. What purpose does the Shakespeare play have for Cora Lee?
4. Mattie says that she has loved some women deeper than she has loved ________________.
5. What does the person in #122 ask Ben?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)