|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kiswana's mother think Kiswana does not belong in Brewster Place?
(a) She is too young
(b) She will do drugs
(c) She is too smart
(d) She is not poor
2. Which of the following items does Theresa not throw at Sophie across the air shaft?
3. What does Kiswana accuse her father and mother of doing?
(a) Beating her as a child
(b) Selling out to white brainwashing
(c) Denying her an education
(d) Loving her brother more than her
4. What will happen to the women of Brewster Place?
(a) They will build another complex
(b) They will move out willingly
(c) They will fight to keep their home
(d) They will move to another neighborhood
5. What happens to Lorraine the night she walks home from the party?
(a) She is robbed
(b) She is gang raped
(c) She is run over by a cab
(d) She is shot
6. Where does Mattie invite Etta to go with her?
(a) A dance
(b) The movies
7. What is the profession of Kiswana's parents?
(b) Pharmaceutical reps
(c) Real estate sales
8. Which character returns to Mattie's life in Chapter 3?
(a) Sophie Williams
(b) Etta Mae Johnson
(c) Marlon Michaels
(d) Julia Johnson
9. Whose funeral is Eugene going to attend?
(a) His mother's
(b) His ex-wife's
(c) His baby daughter's
(d) His best friend's
10. Cora Lee's father declares that there will be no more baby dolls when Cora Lee turns ____________.
11. What is the main motivation in Cora Lee's life?
(b) A better apartment
(c) A husband
(d) A good job
12. Why does Theresa's cab speed away?
(a) He wants to beat rush hour traffic
(b) He gets a better fare
(c) The driver is afraid of a riot
(d) He doesn't want his tires slashed
13. For how long has it been raining continuously?
(a) One month
(b) Two weeks
(c) One week
(d) Five days
14. What is the best way to have a good life?
(a) Make as much money as possible
(b) Find a way to be happy with what you have
(c) Get a very big house
(d) Travel all over the world
15. What reminds Kiswana about her boyfriend's lovemaking?
(a) Her toenail polish
(b) Her record albums
(c) Dirty wine glasses
(d) Her rumpled sheets
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kiswana's mother especially exasperated with her?
2. What do the children of Brewster Place take with them when they leave?
3. What does Cora Lee believe to be the reason for her problems with caseworkers and other people?
4. How does Serena die?
5. Which people learn best how not to place hope on deferred dreams?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)