|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Mattie secretly wonder?
(a) Why she does not miss a man in her bed
(b) Evolution vs. Creation
(c) What happened to Butch
(d) Miss Eva's husbands
2. What does Mattie do when Miss Eva dies?
(a) Moves back home
(b) Has Miss Eva cremated
(c) Leaves for Harlem
(d) Buys Miss Eva's house
3. Mattie is so angry she wants to ______________________.
(a) spit in the old woman's freakish blue eyes
(b) smother the old woman in her sleep
(c) slap the old woman senseless
(d) shoot the old woman
4. Of what does a cooking odor remind Mattie?
(a) BBQ ribs
(b) Sugar cane
5. Why does the author use these literary elements?
(a) To make the book more entertaining
(b) To make the book easier to read
(c) To make the book more appealing to more people
(d) To help the reader understand
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Mattie Michael moves into Brewster Place?
2. Who is the only boy Mattie's father approves of spending time with Mattie?
3. Basil tells Mattie that he would make a good ____________.
4. What does the Opening Poem tell the reader the book will be about?
5. How is the information about the characters to be presented?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)