|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brewster Place?
(a) A shopping center
(b) A series of tenement apartments
(c) A community center
(d) A boutique hotel
2. "Does it dry up like ____________________?"
(a) the desert
(c) a raisin in the sun
(d) yesterday's meat loaf
3. What is the demographic of the area where Brewster Place is located?
(a) Segregated, multi-racial
(b) All Hispanic
(c) All white
(d) All black
4. How is the information about the characters to be presented?
(a) In long verse
(b) In poems
(c) In individual stories
(d) In bullet points
5. "Or fester ________________ and then run?"
(a) like a sore
(b) for days
(d) like an insult
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the Opening Poem?
2. "What happens to a dream ___________?"
3. Who is the story about?
4. What separates Brewster Place from a new business district?
5. Who is the author of the Opening Poem?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)