|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Does it dry up like ____________________?"
(a) yesterday's meat loaf
(b) the desert
(c) a raisin in the sun
2. What separates Brewster Place from a new business district?
(a) A wall
(b) A high fence
(d) A one-way street
3. What is another literary element that the author uses throughout the book?
(a) Church hymns
(b) Song lyrics
(c) TV jingles
(d) Nursery rhymes
4. Which of the following distinctive characteristics did this new group not have?
5. The people of Brewster Place could be called a _________________.
(d) accident waiting to happen
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author want the reader to understand?
2. "Or fester ________________ and then run?"
3. What does the Opening Poem tell the reader the book will be about?
4. What is the demographic of the area where Brewster Place is located?
5. What is Brewster Place?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)