|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Or fester ________________ and then run?"
(a) like an insult
(c) like a sore
(d) for days
2. The women of Brewster Place came, went and ______________________.
(a) never looked back
(b) came back again
(c) never returned
(d) grew old beyond their years
3. How is the information about the characters to be presented?
(a) In long verse
(b) In poems
(c) In bullet points
(d) In individual stories
4. What is Brewster Place?
(a) A series of tenement apartments
(b) A boutique hotel
(c) A shopping center
(d) A community center
5. "Maybe it just _____________ like a heavy load."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of this book?
2. What does the Opening Poem tell the reader the book will be about?
3. Who is the story about?
4. Which of the following does not describe the black women of Brewster Place?
5. Brewster Place was especially fond of its ________________________.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)