|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brewster place located?
(a) The desert
(b) A poor, worthless part of town
(c) An upscale area
(d) The country
2. What is Brewster Place?
(a) A boutique hotel
(b) A series of tenement apartments
(c) A shopping center
(d) A community center
3. What is the demographic of the area where Brewster Place is located?
(a) All Hispanic
(b) All black
(c) All white
(d) Segregated, multi-racial
4. What does the Opening Poem tell the reader the book will be about?
(a) Marriage and divorce
(b) World peace
(c) Dreams unrealized
(d) Guilty pleasures
5. What is one of the literary elements that the author uses throughout the book?
(b) Historical documents
(c) Newspaper articles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the story about?
2. How is the information about the characters to be presented?
3. "Or crust over like ____________________?"
4. The new tenants "clung to the _______________ with a desperate acceptance."
5. From where did many of these new tenants migrate?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)