|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Or does it _____________?"
2. "Or crust over like ____________________?"
(a) syrupy sweet
(b) maple syrup
(c) caramel candy
(d) maple candy
3. What does the author want the reader to understand?
(a) What she is trying to convey about the characters
(b) What she experienced as a girl
(c) What she went through to write this book
(d) What she hopes to achieve in life
4. Who is the author of this book?
(a) Gloria Naylor
(b) Harper Lee
(c) Oprah Winfrey
(d) Halle Berry
5. What did the tenants know when they heard Ben singing this song?
(a) He would be in a really good mood
(b) He would dance all over the complex
(c) He would get really depressed
(d) It was useless to try to get him to fix anything at this point
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the literary elements that the author uses throughout the book?
2. Who replaced the Mediterraneans when they moved out of Brewster Place?
3. How is the information about the characters to be presented?
4. "Or fester ________________ and then run?"
5. Which of the following does not describe the black women of Brewster Place?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)