|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Etta's intentions for the man she meets at church?
(a) To teach him the Bible
(b) To marry him
(c) To pray with him
(d) To study with him
2. "Or crust over like ____________________?"
(a) caramel candy
(b) maple candy
(c) syrupy sweet
(d) maple syrup
3. What happens to Lorraine the night she walks home from the party?
(a) She is shot
(b) She is run over by a cab
(c) She is gang raped
(d) She is robbed
4. About what does Mattie secretly wonder?
(a) Miss Eva's husbands
(b) Evolution vs. Creation
(c) What happened to Butch
(d) Why she does not miss a man in her bed
5. What does Mattie's father do to her to coerce her to name the baby's father?
(a) Bribes her with candy
(b) Threatens to disown her
(c) Gives her money
(d) Beats her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Opening Poem tell the reader the book will be about?
2. Why does Kiswana's mother think Kiswana does not belong in Brewster Place?
3. Who does Mattie go to visit a week later?
4. The music of which recording artist is the background for Etta's story?
5. Who is the only boy Mattie's father approves of spending time with Mattie?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)