|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cecelia stay when she arrives in Los Angeles?
(a) Lydia's apartment.
(b) Bobby's apartment.
(c) Henry's apartment.
(d) A Hotel.
2. Who looks straight through Henry in Chapter 83?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) Cecelia Keesing.
(c) William Keesing.
(d) William Burroughs.
3. Who does Henry mentally compare Sara to in Chapter 91?
4. Where is Henry's reading held in Chapter 62?
(a) On the street.
(b) At a nightclub.
(c) In a bookstore.
(d) In a church.
5. What surprises Henry in Chapter 95 after his violent rendezvous with Iris?
(a) That she did not enjoy it.
(b) That she can stand up and walk to the bathroom.
(c) That she falls asleep.
(d) That she slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
2. What is Henry worried about in Chapters 58 through 60?
3. What does Tammie offer to trade for the complex owner's phone number when she is evicted?
4. What do Tammie and Henry search for as they walk the streets of New York City?
5. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
2. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
3. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
4. Describe Henry's reading in Chapters 61 through 62.
5. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
6. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
7. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
8. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
9. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
10. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)