|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose literary accomplishments is Henry impressed with in Chapter 74?
(a) William Keesing.
(b) Lydia Vance.
(c) Henry Chinaski.
(d) William Burroughs.
2. Where does Liza sleep her first night in Los Angeles?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) In Henry's bed.
(c) On blankets in the front room of Henry's apartment.
(d) In the bathroom because she is drunk.
3. After Henry buys alcohol and cigarettes in Chapter 96, what does he offer a young black woman for fellatio?
4. What happens to Henry on his way home from the airport in Chapter 96?
(a) He is arrested because Iris is underage.
(b) He is stalked by Sara.
(c) He gets into a car accident.
(d) He is propositioned by a prostitute.
5. When does Iris decide to visit Henry?
(b) His birthday.
(d) New Year's Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mercedes stop giving Henry fellatio in Chapter 73?
2. Why do the two Germans girls leave Henry's apartment?
3. What does Cecelia interrupt in Chapter 81?
4. What does the older woman on the plane scold Henry for?
5. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
2. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
3. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
4. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
5. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
6. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
7. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
8. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
9. What happens on the plane to New York City?
10. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)