|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looks straight through Henry in Chapter 83?
(a) Lydia Vance.
(b) William Burroughs.
(c) William Keesing.
(d) Cecelia Keesing.
2. After Henry buys alcohol and cigarettes in Chapter 96, what does he offer a young black woman for fellatio?
3. What astounds Henry in Chapter 69?
(a) That all of his alcohol is missing.
(b) That Mercedes does not remember sleeping with him the previous night.
(c) That he cannot find Tammie.
(d) That Lydia has returned to his apartment.
4. Why is Mercedes afraid to sleep with Henry in Chapter 72?
(a) She worries about getting pregnant.
(b) Her husband will kill her if she cheats on him.
(c) She does not want to catch a disease.
(d) She sleeps with Henry; she is not afraid.
5. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
(a) Because Henry beats her.
(b) Because Henry does a bad job at the poetry reading.
(c) Because she is drunk.
(d) Because the check for the reading is not in the amount promised.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry watch sleep together in Chapter 96?
2. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 93?
3. Why is Henry's sex partner in Chapter 90 worried about maintaining secrecy of their encounter?
4. What does Tammie do on the flight?
5. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 87?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
2. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
3. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
4. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
5. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
6. What happens on the plane to New York City?
7. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
8. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
9. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
10. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)