|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Iris decide to visit Henry?
(c) His birthday.
(d) New Year's Eve.
2. Why is Mercedes afraid to sleep with Henry in Chapter 72?
(a) Her husband will kill her if she cheats on him.
(b) She worries about getting pregnant.
(c) She sleeps with Henry; she is not afraid.
(d) She does not want to catch a disease.
3. Where does Liza ask Henry to take her in Chapter 85?
(a) Her friend's house.
(c) The airport.
(d) To work.
4. What is Debra planning a party for?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(d) Her birthday.
5. Why do the two Germans girls leave Henry's apartment?
(a) Because their husbands find them.
(b) Because Henry asks them to leave.
(c) Because they meet a man who offers them a lot of money.
(d) Because Henry gets arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecelia allow Henry to do in Chapter 80?
2. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
3. Who phones Sara's house at the end of Chapter 91 looking for Henry?
4. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
5. Who does Henry have sex with after his reading in Chapter 93?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
2. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
3. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
4. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
5. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
6. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
7. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
8. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
10. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)