|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tammie and Henry search for as they walk the streets of New York City?
(b) A bar.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A pharmacy.
2. Who does Henry watch sleep together in Chapter 96?
(a) Bobby and Tammie.
(b) Bobby and Valerie.
(c) Keesing and Cecelia.
(d) Lydia and Marvin.
3. What gets stuck in Henry's car in Chapter 71?
(a) A woman.
(b) The sculpture of his head.
(c) A chair.
(d) A large box.
4. Who does Henry finally sleep with after Iris leaves?
5. What surprises Henry in Chapter 95 after his violent rendezvous with Iris?
(a) That she did not enjoy it.
(b) That she falls asleep.
(c) That she can stand up and walk to the bathroom.
(d) That she slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do after Liza leaves in the morning in Chapter 85?
2. After Henry buys alcohol and cigarettes in Chapter 96, what does he offer a young black woman for fellatio?
3. Where does Liza sleep her first night in Los Angeles?
4. What is Henry worried about in Chapters 58 through 60?
5. Who does Henry pick up from the airport in Chapter 94?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
2. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
3. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
4. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
5. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
6. Describe Henry and Cecelia's vacation that occurs in Chapters 79 through 81.
7. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
8. Who is William Keesing?
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
10. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)