|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
(a) Because Henry does a bad job at the poetry reading.
(b) Because the check for the reading is not in the amount promised.
(c) Because Henry beats her.
(d) Because she is drunk.
2. When does Iris decide to visit Henry?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(d) His birthday.
3. What are the names of the two German girls who stop by Henry's apartment?
(a) Sara and Debra.
(b) Valerie and Jemma.
(c) Hilda and Gertrude.
(d) Arlene and Tammie.
4. After Henry buys alcohol and cigarettes in Chapter 96, what does he offer a young black woman for fellatio?
5. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cecelia rise early in Chapter 81?
2. Who does Henry receive a letter from in Chapter 94?
3. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 83?
4. Who does Henry finally sleep with after Iris leaves?
5. What does Liza do when she returns to Henry's apartment in Chapter 85?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
2. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
3. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
4. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
5. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
6. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
7. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
8. Describe Henry's interactions with the prostitutes in Chapter 96.
9. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
10. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)