|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Liza Weston from?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
2. Where does Liza sleep her first night in Los Angeles?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) In Henry's bed.
(c) In the bathroom because she is drunk.
(d) On blankets in the front room of Henry's apartment.
3. Who does Henry finally sleep with after Iris leaves?
4. After Henry buys alcohol and cigarettes in Chapter 96, what does he offer a young black woman for fellatio?
5. Who phones Sara's house at the end of Chapter 91 looking for Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fairly judgmental in Chapter 96?
2. What are the names of the two German girls who stop by Henry's apartment?
3. What astounds Henry in Chapter 69?
4. Where does Liza ask Henry to take her in Chapter 85?
5. Why do the two Germans girls leave Henry's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
2. Who is William Keesing?
3. Describe Henry's reading in Chapters 61 through 62.
4. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
5. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
6. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
7. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
8. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
9. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
10. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)