|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose literary accomplishments is Henry impressed with in Chapter 74?
(a) William Keesing.
(b) William Burroughs.
(c) Lydia Vance.
(d) Henry Chinaski.
2. What does Tammie offer to trade for the complex owner's phone number when she is evicted?
3. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 93?
(d) New York City.
4. Why does Cecelia rise early in Chapter 81?
(a) Because she misses her husband.
(b) To watch the sunrise.
(c) To sleep with Henry.
(d) To go to the airport.
5. How many women does Henry meet at his reading in a local club in Chapter 87?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tammie fly into a rage in Chapter 67?
2. Who does Henry ask for advice concerning Debra and Iris in Chapter 93?
3. What does Henry decide about Sara in cCapter 92?
4. Why does Liza leave early in the morning in Chapter 84?
5. What do Henry and Sara fight about in Chapter 92?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
2. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
3. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
4. What happens during Henry's first encounter with Mercedes in Chapter 69?
5. Who does Henry meet in Chapter 97, and how does he feel about her?
6. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
7. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
8. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
9. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
10. What does Henry learn about Dee Dee Bronson in Chapter 88?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)