|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do right before his reading in Chapter 62?
(a) Go shopping with his editor.
(b) Vomit several times, then drink.
(c) Do drugs until he passes out.
(d) Sleep with Tammie.
2. What do Tammie and Henry search for as they walk the streets of New York City?
(a) A prostitute.
(c) A pharmacy.
(d) A bar.
3. Who does Henry sleep with in Chapter 97?
4. Who does Henry pick up from the airport in Chapter 94?
5. Who does Henry unexpectedly encounter at Tammie's apartment when he picks her up for their trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two German girls who stop by Henry's apartment?
2. Why is Henry unable to perform sexually in Chapter 87?
3. What astounds Henry in Chapter 69?
4. What does Tammie do a surprisingly creditable job of in Chapter 67?
5. Who does Henry ask for advice concerning Debra and Iris in Chapter 93?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
2. Who is William Keesing?
3. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
4. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
5. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
6. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
7. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
8. Describe Henry and Mercedes' relationship.
9. Describe Henry's reading in Chapters 61 through 62.
10. In what way does Liza perform for Henry in Chapter 85?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)