|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henry and Sara fight about in Chapter 92?
(a) The stereo being too loud.
(b) Sleeping together.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Getting married.
2. Who does Henry telephone at the beginning of Chapter 91?
3. Where does Henry give a reading in Chapter 93?
(b) New York City.
4. After leaving Tammie because she angers him, what does Henry do later when she returns to the hotel room?
(a) She never returns to the hotel room.
(b) Physically beats her.
(c) Sexually molests her.
(d) Verbally abuses her.
5. Who does Henry go home with in Chapter 87?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry sleep with in Chapter 97?
2. Why is Mercedes afraid to sleep with Henry in Chapter 72?
3. Which of his women does Henry spend Thanksgiving with in Chapter 95?
4. What are the names of the two German girls who stop by Henry's apartment?
5. Why does Cecelia call Henry two weeks after he returns to Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tammie do in Chapter 67, and why does she get angry?
2. What is Henry's predicament concerning Thanksgiving, and how does he solve his dilemma?
3. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
4. What is William Burroughs' role in the novel?
5. How do Henry and Liza Weston interact?
6. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
7. Who is Tessie, and how does she play a role in this novel?
8. How does Cecelia feel about Henry?
9. What causes the demise of Henry's relationship with Liza?
10. What does Henry do while he waits to pick Iris up from the airport in Chapter 94?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)