|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Iris decide to visit Henry?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) His birthday.
2. What is Henry worried about in Chapters 58 through 60?
(a) Finding a job.
(b) Missing the flight.
(c) Tammie cheating on him.
(d) Giving his poetry reading.
3. Why does Henry renege on his deal in Chapter 96?
(a) He gets paranoid.
(b) He misses Sara.
(c) He does not have any money on him.
(d) Tammie catches him.
4. Who is ill in Chapters 74 and 75?
(a) Henry Chinaski.
(b) Lydia Vance.
(d) William Keesing.
5. What do Henry and Sara fight about in Chapter 92?
(a) Sleeping together.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Getting married.
(d) The stereo being too loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecelia allow Henry to do in Chapter 80?
2. Who does Henry ask for advice concerning Debra and Iris in Chapter 93?
3. Who does Henry receive a letter from in Chapter 94?
4. Where do Henry and Tammie prepare to go in the beginning of Chapter 58?
5. What is the name of Sara's health food cafe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Henry in Chapter 86, what do they do, and why do they eventually leave Henry's apartment?
2. What do Henry and Tammie do in Chapter 64, and how does this cause a fight?
3. Why does Henry get irritated with Tammie in Chapters 58 and 59?
4. What occurs in Chapter 76, and how does Henry respond?
5. Who does Henry visit in Chapter 91, and what happens?
6. How does Henry treat Iris during her visit?
7. What happens when Tammie is evicted in Chapter 68?
8. Describe the three women that Henry meets in Chapter 87.
9. Where does Henry go in Chapter 93, who does he meet, and what does he do?
10. Describe Henry and Sara's fight in Chapter 92.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)