|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pei talk about finding after she returns to the silk factory?
(c) Lau Chen.
2. Who is Lau Chen?
(a) Chung's assistant.
(b) Pei's brother.
(c) Lin's brother.
(d) Sui Ying's husband.
3. What does Pei promise Ji Shen in Chapter 18?
(a) To make sure she never goes hungry again.
(b) To visit her.
(c) To help her with her chores.
(d) They will be safe when they move to another city.
4. What does Chung insist the factory workers do to make up for lost revenue in Chapter 11?
(a) Lower their work quality.
(b) Work longer hours for no additional pay.
(c) Skip part of the process to get it done faster.
(d) Work faster.
5. What factory girl is killed during the strike?
(a) Sui Ying.
(b) Kung Ma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does Chung think he has over the factory workers when they are making up for lost revenue?
2. Who spreads the word about a secret meeting of the head silk workers?
3. When Pao sees Pei walking toward the pond when she returns home, how does he describe his daughter's appearance?
4. Where is Pei seated at Lin's brother's wedding banquet?
5. Why were some factory workers getting sick in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wong Tai seat Pei at a table with foreigners during Ho Chee's wedding banquet?
2. What does Pei dream about her mother after she has died?
3. What is Pao's reaction when Pei returns home?
4. What is Yu-sung's physical state?
5. How does Ji Shen react when Pei asks her if she wants to go to Hong Kong?
6. Does Sui Ying seem to be uneasy about protesting?
7. Describe Pao's physical appearance.
8. Why is Moi keeping everyone away from Auntie Yee's bedroom?
9. What is Pei's reaction to Lin's family home?
10. How does Pei feel when she sees her village again?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)