|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pei and Lin are traveling to the countryside, why does Pei decide not to ride in the sedan chair Lin has hired?
(a) The sedan carriers are tired.
(b) Her legs are cramped and she needs to stretch them.
(c) She has motion sickness.
(d) She wants to feel the earth beneath her feet.
2. Who is Mui?
(a) Lin's family's servant.
(b) Lin's cousin.
(d) Father's old assistant.
3. What is Moi saving up in jars in Chapter 16?
(c) Lucky money.
4. What expression does Moi have on her face after Pei and Lin speak to her and she is back in the kitchen in Chapter 16?
(b) Smile of victory.
5. Who is Lau Chen?
(a) Lin's brother.
(b) Sui Ying's husband.
(c) Pei's brother.
(d) Chung's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the strike begin at the factory?
2. Who spreads the word about a secret meeting of the head silk workers?
3. What does the large shipment mean for the silk factory after New Year's in Chapter 16?
4. How many workers gathered at the sisters' home the night before the protest?
5. What does Pei say about Ho Yung, Lin's youngest brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Ghost Feast?
2. What is the state of affairs at the factory after New Year's?
3. What condition is Ji Shen in when she arrives at the girls' house?
4. What does Lin do when the fire starts in the factory?
5. What does Pei learn about her sister Li that makes her angry?
6. How does Pei feel when she sees her village again?
7. What is Lin's homecoming like?
8. Are the working conditions deteriorating at the factory in Chapter 11?
9. What is Chung's reaction when the factory girls go on strike?
10. How do the girls finally discover that Auntie Yee is sick?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)