|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Pei's sister, Li, been married?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six years.
2. Who is Mui?
(b) Father's old assistant.
(c) Lin's cousin.
(d) Lin's family's servant.
3. When Pei and Lin are traveling to the countryside, why does Pei decide not to ride in the sedan chair Lin has hired?
(a) She wants to feel the earth beneath her feet.
(b) She has motion sickness.
(c) The sedan carriers are tired.
(d) Her legs are cramped and she needs to stretch them.
4. What color gown is the bride wearing in Chapter 10?
5. What did Yu-sung discover about Li when she returned for her third day visit after her marriage?
(a) Her husband beat her.
(b) She has the chicken pox.
(c) She has a nervous condition.
(d) She refuses to go back to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one who knows that Auntie Yee is sick in Chapter 12?
2. Who does Moi see and have conversations with in the kitchen when she is alone in Chapter 16?
3. What is the weather when Ji Shen appears at the girls' house one evening?
4. What does the large shipment mean for the silk factory after New Year's in Chapter 16?
5. What did Chung come to the factory to tell the women in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girls finally discover that Auntie Yee is sick?
2. How does Pei feel when she sees her village again?
3. What is Lin's homecoming like?
4. What does Pei learn about her sister Li that makes her angry?
5. How does Chen Ling inspire the workers to strike?
6. What is Pao's reaction when Pei returns home?
7. How does Ji Shen react when Pei asks her if she wants to go to Hong Kong?
8. Is Yu-sung happy to see Pei?
9. What does Pei dream about her mother after she has died?
10. What does Pei see Wong Tai doing in the garden the morning after the wedding banquet?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)