|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather when Ji Shen appears at the girls' house one evening?
(a) Rainy and windy.
(d) Hot and dry.
2. Who does Pei see from the window of Lin's bedroom in Canton as she looks out into the garden?
(b) Ho Chee.
(c) Wong Tai.
(d) Ho Yung.
3. Where has Moi always had her room in the girls' house?
(a) Next to Auntie Yee's bedroom.
(b) In the attic.
(c) A bedroom on the second floor.
(d) On a cot in the far end of the kitchen.
4. How does Yu-sung describe Pei when she returns to her parents' home?
(b) The child of guilt.
5. When did the strike begin at the factory?
(a) During the 3 pm break.
(b) With the noon bell.
(c) At closing time.
(d) Early in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stench does Pei find almost unbearable while at Ho Chee's wedding banquet?
2. Who does Auntie Yee dream of the night she dies?
3. What expression does Moi have on her face after Pei and Lin speak to her and she is back in the kitchen in Chapter 16?
4. Who nurses Ji Shen back to health?
5. Besides shorter work hours, what changes did Chung agree to for the factory workers after their strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lin's homecoming like?
2. Describe Pao's physical appearance.
3. Is Yu-sung happy to see Pei?
4. What is Chung's reaction when the factory girls go on strike?
5. What does Lin do when the fire starts in the factory?
6. Does Sui Ying seem to be uneasy about protesting?
7. How does Pei feel when she sees her village again?
8. What is the Ghost Feast?
9. What does Pei learn about her sister Li that makes her angry?
10. How does Chen Ling inspire the workers to strike?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)