|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Lin a phonograph and records?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her younger brother, Ho Yung.
2. Why is Pei waiting impatiently for her mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She needs to help her husband in the fields.
(b) She is cooking dinner.
(c) She has to finish reading a novel.
(d) Her mother is having a baby.
3. When did the strike begin at the factory?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) With the noon bell.
(c) During the 3 pm break.
(d) At closing time.
4. Who cuts Pei's bangs in Chapter 2?
(c) Auntie Yee.
5. Where does Yu-sung go after Pei and Lin have left her house?
(a) Tea house.
(d) Down to the groves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the sisters' house from the girls' house?
2. What is the ballad of Kuan Yin?
3. Who is Chung?
4. What does Pei overhear people on the streets talking about as she walks to the factory in Chapter 5?
5. What does Lin write to her brother Ho Yung about in Chapter 18?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)