|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lin's father's job before his death?
(a) High government official in Canton.
(d) Army general.
2. What did the male managers shout as they waved their sticks at the working girls in the silk factory?
(a) Stop talking!
(b) Too slow!
(c) Keep working!
3. What does Pei say about Ho Yung, Lin's youngest brother?
(a) He most closely resembles Lin.
(b) He is a flirt.
(c) Auntie Yee would like him.
(d) He likes to eat a lot.
4. What does Mei-li say about Hong's hands?
(a) They are cut up.
(b) The are short and stubby.
(c) He is missing his left pinky.
(d) They are the hands of a scholar.
5. Whose family is from Fukien?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the red-and-black book for that Kung Ma keeps in the top drawer of her bureau?
2. Where did Lin go before the hairdressing ceremony?
3. How does Pei feel once she sees the village of her youth again?
4. Why is traveling within the city difficult in Chapter 17?
5. Where does Pei go to try and find Mei-li after she doesn't show up at work?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)