|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ballad of Kuan Yin?
(a) Chinese history.
(b) A story about a waterfall.
(c) Story about the goddess of mercy.
(d) Literature about making silk.
2. What does Lin tell Pei they must start considering about their futures?
(a) Vacation plans.
(b) Financial planning.
(c) Going to the university.
(d) Getting promotions at work.
3. What does Mei-li say about Hong's hands?
(a) They are the hands of a scholar.
(b) The are short and stubby.
(c) He is missing his left pinky.
(d) They are cut up.
4. How old was Yu-sung when she married?
5. What color gown is the bride wearing in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feeling does Pei have when she sees Lin's family home for the first time?
2. What does Mei-li's father want her to do?
3. Why is Pei waiting impatiently for her mother at the beginning of the novel?
4. Why did Auntie Yee feel unsettled in Chapter 5?
5. What does Lin's mother want her to do that Lin tells Pei about as they take a walk on their day off?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)