|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mei-li been working at the silk factory?
(a) Four months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six years.
(d) Almost two years.
2. What does Moi say when Auntie Yee tells her the weather has cleared?
(a) There will be a mess to deal with now.
(b) The girls can finally go back to work.
(c) It's about time.
3. In Chapter 5, what does Chen Ling tell Auntie Yee that she and Ming have decided to do?
(a) Hairdressing ceremony.
(b) Work fewer hours.
(c) Paint their bedroom.
(d) Give her extra money from their paychecks.
4. What injures Ming in Chapter 4?
(a) Burned from boiling water.
(b) Sharp glass.
(c) Heavy object hits her head.
(d) The manager's stick.
5. How can Pei tell a good cocoon from a bad one?
(a) Whether it has growths on it.
(b) Just by sight.
(d) Texture and firmness of its shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Moi have in Auntie Yee's home?
2. After Ming's accident at the silk factory, who did Chung give all of Chen Ling's duties to?
3. How old was Yu-sung when she married?
4. What did the male managers shout as they waved their sticks at the working girls in the silk factory?
5. Who is Chen Ling's best friend?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)