|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Yu-sung accustomed to in her childhood home?
(a) Cleanliness and a few high-quality items.
(b) Lack of money.
2. How old was Yu-sung when she married?
3. What does Pei say about her reflection after she has had her bangs cut?
(a) The hair cutter did a good job.
(b) She looks more beautiful.
(c) She had always wanted bangs.
(d) She looks like all the other girls.
4. The exterior of the silk factory is made up of what?
(b) Whitewashed bricks.
5. Who said "It was as if she had been born an empty box, only to be filled by their desires" in Chapter 7?
(b) Auntie Yee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yu-sung give her daughter Li before her marriage?
2. Who is Chen Ling's best friend?
3. Who goes swimming in the cold pond at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How old was Auntie Yee when she was given to the silk work?
5. What was the weather the day of Chen Ling's hairdressing ceremony?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)