|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Pei get in Chapter 4 that means more money for her and her family?
(a) Washing the cocoons.
(b) Keeping the books.
(c) Cleaning the floor.
(d) Reeling the silk.
2. What does Mei-li say about Hong's hands?
(a) The are short and stubby.
(b) They are the hands of a scholar.
(c) He is missing his left pinky.
(d) They are cut up.
3. What is the name that Pei calls her father?
(a) Ba Ba.
(c) Dear one.
4. What job does Moi have in Auntie Yee's home?
(d) Story teller.
5. Where did Lin go before the hairdressing ceremony?
(a) To work at the silk factory.
(b) On an errand for Auntie Yee.
(c) To the library.
(d) To see her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yu-sung give her daughter Li before her marriage?
2. What is the hairstyle that Auntie Yee puts Chen Ling's hair in for the hairdressing ceremony?
3. What time do the girls arrive to work at the silk factory?
4. What does the cocoon feel like that Pei picks up from the spinning table on her first day at the factory?
5. How did Mei-li feel by the sight of the river and the open space around it?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)