|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Auntie Yee feel unsettled in Chapter 5?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She has too much to do and not enough time to do it.
(c) Moi is talking too much.
(d) She is worrying about Mei-li.
2. What does Pei overhear people on the streets talking about as she walks to the factory in Chapter 5?
(a) Their plans for the upcoming festival.
(b) Arguing over change in China.
(c) Their contentment.
(d) Their interest in the latest opera.
3. Who did Auntie Yee marry when she was twelve?
(c) Silk factory manager.
4. Who is Chung?
(b) Owner of the factory.
(d) Restaurant chef.
5. Where are Ming and Chen Ling moving to?
(a) Sisters' house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Chen Ling's father's house.
(d) Their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mei-li been working at the silk factory?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Chen Ling tell Auntie Yee that she and Ming have decided to do?
3. What did Auntie Yee get in the habit of doing in Chapter 5?
4. What job does Pei get in Chapter 4 that means more money for her and her family?
5. What kind of sandals does Lin give Pei?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)