|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Mei-li been working at the silk factory?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Almost two years.
2. What does Pei overhear people on the streets talking about as she walks to the factory in Chapter 5?
(a) Their plans for the upcoming festival.
(b) Their contentment.
(c) Arguing over change in China.
(d) Their interest in the latest opera.
3. Who is Hong?
(a) Mei-li's cousin.
(b) Su-lung's brother.
(c) Chen Ling's brother.
(d) Auntie Yee's nephew.
4. What did Auntie Yee get in the habit of doing in Chapter 5?
(a) Being critical of the girls.
(b) Opening the front door and checking the sky.
(c) Sweeping the front porch.
(d) Sleeping late.
5. What does Yu-sung see when she looks at Pei as a young girl?
(a) Her husband's features and her lively spirit.
(b) Her own face.
(c) The features of her mother.
(d) Her husband's personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the girls arrive to work at the silk factory?
2. What job does Moi have in Auntie Yee's home?
3. Who stays at Auntie Yee's boarding house?
4. Who goes swimming in the cold pond at the end of Chapter 3?
5. The exterior of the silk factory is made up of what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)