|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Auntie Yee marry when she was twelve?
(a) Silk factory manager.
2. Who stays at Auntie Yee's boarding house?
(a) Fortune tellers.
(b) Silk girls.
(c) Restaurant workers.
(d) Wayward boys.
3. Where does Su-lung live?
(a) At home with her family.
(c) A boarding house across town.
(d) At the boarding house with Pei.
4. What does Lin's mother want her to do that Lin tells Pei about as they take a walk on their day off?
(a) Live at her brother's house.
(b) Work at another silk factory.
(c) Return home and marry.
(d) Send more money home to her.
5. Why were the girls given a day off from the silk factory at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The machines are broken.
(b) They are waiting for a new shipment of cocoons.
(c) It is their yearly day off.
(d) Chung was feeling generous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather the day of Chen Ling's hairdressing ceremony?
2. What does Pei overhear people on the streets talking about as she walks to the factory in Chapter 5?
3. What does Chen Ling call Auntie Yee?
4. What does Moi serve to Mei-li's parents?
5. Where did Pei faint in Chapter 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)