1. Why is Pei waiting impatiently for her mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She has to finish reading a novel.
(b) She is cooking dinner.
(c) Her mother is having a baby.
(d) She needs to help her husband in the fields.
2. What does Pei like to look at in her childhood home when she needs comfort?
(a) Story book.
(d) Silk painting.
3. How old was Yu-sung when she married?
4. What did Yu-sung's arranged marriage lack?
(d) Hard work.
5. What tribe is Pao descended from?
6. What are the physical characteristics of the tribe that Pao descends from?
(a) Tall with flat facial features.
(b) Average height with bushy eyebrows.
(c) Short with large noses.
(d) Tall with nice cheekbones.
7. What kind of farm does Pao have?
(b) Mulberry bushes and fish ponds.
8. What was Yu-sung accustomed to in her childhood home?
(c) Cleanliness and a few high-quality items.
(d) Lack of money.
This section contains 4,110 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)