|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) “Crème de Menthe.”
(d) “Sunday Evening.”
2. Who do Gudrun and Ursula go to in Willey Green to buy honey from in Chapter 17?
(a) Mrs. Kirk.
(b) Miss Inglis.
(c) Mrs. Salmon.
(d) Miss Bradley.
3. What is the title of Chapter 7?
4. What is the last lesson of the day in Ursula’s classroom in Chapter 3?
(a) Intermediate grammar.
(b) Advanced calculus.
(c) Intermediate algebra.
(d) Elementary botany.
5. Of Birkin, the narrator says in Chapter 16 that he hated what “even worse than marriage”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out and jumps in the water as Ursula and Gudrun pass in Chapter 4?
2. Gudrun develops a scheme to go where to stay with a friend who is a fellow sculptor in Chapter 17?
3. What is the title of Chapter 12?
4. Ursula thinks of Birkin’s eyes in Chapter 15 as having “such a dark, constant will of” what?
5. How old is Gudrun in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the Mino cat in Chapter 13? What does this symbolize?
2. What are Gudrun and Ursula’s impressions of the Crich party when they arrive in Chapter 14? What do they do after arriving there?
3. How are the bodies found after the party at the Crich estate in Chapter 14?
4. How does D. H. Lawrence illustrate the miners in Chapter 9? What personal experience of the author’s relates to this depiction?
5. Who do Ursula and Gudrun see leaping into the lake in Chapter 4? What do they remark about the spectacle?
6. How is the character of Pussum illustrated in Chapters 6 and 7?
7. How do Ursula and Gudrun feel about their stay at Breadalby in the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. How does Ursula’s demeanor change after the Crich party in Chapter 15?
9. Who falls into the lake at the Crich party in Chapter 14? What is the outcome of this situation?
10. How are Gerald and Birkin’s views of the modern world described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)