|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cat referred to that encounters a stray in Chapter 13?
(a) The Berry cat.
(b) The Theo cat.
(c) The Mino cat.
(d) The Harp cat.
2. Why does Gerald compare himself to Cain in Chapter 14?
(a) He married his mother.
(b) He killed his father as a young man.
(c) He killed his mother as a child.
(d) He killed his brother as a child.
3. By what name does Birkin introduce Pussum in Chapter 6?
(a) Miss Darrington.
(b) Miss Salmon.
(c) Miss Varley.
(d) Miss Halliday.
4. Who jumps in to save Gerald’s sister from drowning in Chapter 14?
(a) Dr. Foxglove.
(b) Dr. Brindell.
5. What is Birkin’s answer in Chapter 11 when Ursula asks him, “Then why do you care about people at all if you don't believe in love? Why do you bother about humanity?”
(a) “Because I feel obligated.”
(b) “Because it will bother about me.”
(c) “Because I can’t get away from it.”
(d) “Because it consumes my soul.”
6. Who comes out and jumps in the water as Ursula and Gudrun pass in Chapter 4?
7. What song does Ursula sing after she and Gudrun finish their tea-picnic by the lake in Chapter 14?
(a) “Annchen von Tharau.”
(c) “Mac Flecknoe.”
(d) “Ye Little Birds that Sit and Sing.”
8. What kind of dance movements does Gudrun dance while Ursula sings after their lakeside picnic in Chapter 14?
(a) “Delacroze movements.”
(b) “Schulwerk movements.”
(c) “Kodaly movements.”
(d) “Suzuki movements.”
9. Gudrun develops a scheme to go where to stay with a friend who is a fellow sculptor in Chapter 17?
(d) St. Petersburg.
10. Of Gerald’s parents, the narrator says in Chapter 17 that their relationship “was wordless and unknown, but it was deep, awful, a relation of utter” what?
11. By what name is the laborers wife at the mill called in Chapter 12?
(a) Mrs. Kirk.
(b) Mrs. Crich.
(c) Mrs. Salmon.
(d) Mrs. Varley.
12. When Gerald awakens to find Halliday and others sitting naked by the fire in Chapter 7, he compares Halliday as being “like Christ in a” what?
13. How old is Gudrun in Chapter 1?
14. What is the name of the man that Hermione is courted by in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lloyd George.
(b) Rupert Birkin.
(c) Billy McFarlane.
(d) William Brangwen.
15. Gudrun asks Gerald in Chapter 14 if he’s ever been on a steamer from Westminster Bridge to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Gerald’s sisters falls into the lake in Chapter 14?
2. The woman who sells honey to Gudrun in Chapter 17 tells her that she left being a servant in the Crich household when Gerald was how old?
3. Pussum tells Gerald when they meet in Chapter 6 that she’s not afraid of anything except for what?
4. What is the name of the school where Ursula teaches in Chapter 1?
5. How does Gerald say he injured his hand in Chapter 14?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)