|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of Birkin, the narrator says in Chapter 16 that he hated what “even worse than marriage”?
2. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) “Sunday Evening.”
(c) “A Chair.”
3. What kind of sandwiches do Ursula and Gudrun eat during their picnic by the lake in Chapter 14?
(a) Ham and cheese.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Tuna with lettuce.
(d) Cucumber and caviar.
4. What word from Chapter 15 means pertaining to time or concerned with the worldly?
5. What is the name of the school where Ursula teaches in Chapter 1?
(a) Robert Collins Grammar School.
(b) Thomas Jones Grammar School.
(c) Willey Green Grammar School.
(d) James Thompson Grammar School.
6. Rupert Birkin tells Ursula in Chapter 11, “Man is one of the mistakes of creation—like” what?
(a) “The Phoenix.”
(b) “The Cyclops.”
(c) “The tyrannosaurus.”
(d) “The ichthyosauri.”
7. How old is Gudrun in Chapter 1?
8. Rupert Birkin comes to Ursula’s classroom and helps teach the students how to draw what in Chapter 3?
(a) Pine cones.
(d) Birch trees.
9. Which of Gerald’s sisters falls into the lake in Chapter 14?
10. Breadalby is described in Chapter 8 as “standing among the softer, greener hills of” where?
11. Ursula and Gudrun are having a discussion in their father’s house located where in Chapter 1?
12. What kinds of birds are in cages around the kitchen at the mill in Chapter 12?
13. What is the name of the electrician that Gudrun befriends at the market in Chapter 9?
14. Who do Gudrun and Ursula go to in Willey Green to buy honey from in Chapter 17?
(a) Miss Bradley.
(b) Miss Inglis.
(c) Mrs. Kirk.
(d) Mrs. Salmon.
15. Where does the gatekeeper at the train station say that Gerald Crich bought his horse in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out and jumps in the water as Ursula and Gudrun pass in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Gudrun tell Gerald she had a canoe before at the party in Chapter 14?
3. What is Halliday’s first name in the novel?
4. The electrician that Gudrun meets in the market on Friday night in Chapter 9 is described as “a scientist with a passion for” what?
5. Pussum tells Gerald when they meet in Chapter 6 that she’s not afraid of anything except for what?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)