|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Gerald’s sisters falls into the lake in Chapter 14?
2. Of what historical figure does Gudrun think in Chapter 30, “must have been an artist; she reaped the essential from a man, she harvested the ultimate sensation, and threw away the husk”?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
3. What kind of factory stands over the shops and houses in the poor quarter of town where the old market place is located in Chapter 26?
(a) A hosiery factory.
(b) A carpet factory.
(c) An automobile factory.
(d) A candy factory.
4. What does Gudrun teach Winifred in the novel?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Sewing and decorating.
(c) Ballet and acting.
(d) Drawing and sculpting.
5. What is the last name of Ursula and Gudrun in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the wedding reception take place in Chapter 2?
2. Birkin tells Ursula in Chapter 19, “I wouldn't give a straw for your female ego—it's” what?
3. The groom tells the wedding guests at the reception that he was late for what reason in Chapter 2?
4. While riding on the train to London, Gerald Crich asks Rupert Birkin where he will stay in the city. Birkin replies he will stay with a friend where in Chapter 5?
5. What servant does Ursula recall in Chapter 29, “who used to give her bread and butter sprinkled with brown sugar, in the old living-room where the grandfather clock had two pink roses in a basket painted above the figures on the face”?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)